The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need an Accountability Partner? Find One Here...

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I like the idea. If @MJ DeMarco Approves, we can build a website to that. A minimal but effective step to move towards the fastlane.
Super Idea I'm down for 100%, but would it not be reinventing the wheel?

But wouldn't it be easier for MJ or one of the admins to set up a private INSIDERS Fastlane Group on FocusMate? Focusmate - Where things get done, together Sure would be a nice perk for INSIDERS! @Andy Black

Ultimately I do think a highly structured, organised and accountable group is the way to go as it would pull on users primary psychological drives... e.g. not being cast out from the tribe.

My own experience: It's hard enough to get people to commit to using free or cheap apps e.g. "WithPeers/Kin/Snaphabit/CommitTo3.

With Peers Screenshot.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
We

But wouldn't it be easier for MJ or one of the admins to set up a private INSIDERS Fastlane Group on FocusMate? Focusmate - Where things get done, together Sure would be a nice perk for INSIDERS! @Andy Black

Ultimately I do think a highly structured, organised and accountable group is the way to go as it would pull on users primary psychological drives... e.g. not being cast out from the tribe.

My own experience: It's hard enough to get people to commit to using free or cheap apps e.g. "WithPeers/Kin/Snaphabit/CommitTo3.

View attachment 38291
We can add mentorship stuff as well. I am happy to design the site for even free if we’re doing this I can’t think of anything else to provide more value than to actually help and motivate each other to keep going on their journey.

Diego Murcia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 17, 2021
TL;DR I'm open to regularly scheduled in-person meetings near Nothern California and/or virtual meetings, plus texting via Signal for brief updates. Please private message me or reply to my post to start our conversation about helping each other. I'm in my late 20s, a Business major/Psychology minor for my undergraduate degree, employed, and I'd love to share more, but it's a TL;DR, and we can save that for a first meeting.

I hung out with a friend of mine yesterday during a hike and day at the beach. I thought about needing more like-minded friends and/or accountability partners, especially after graduating from university and sadly not meeting many. It'll only get harder now if I don't make an effort. Thank you for this, MJ!

To those who are interested, I'm open to meeting virtually or in-person around Northern California (even around the US but obviously less frequently) and staying in touch for quick updates via texting (Signal).

I'm in my late 20s and thankfully have a great education and network that I tailored with the fastlane in mind because I joined the forum before returning to university.

I had a lot of fun during my early and mid-20s so I'm perfectly comfortable spending the majority of the rest of my 20s focused on professional and personal development that will hopefully lead to the fastlane.

Please feel free to message me directly and/or reply to my post in this thread so we may get to know each other and help each other out.

P.S. One of the student organizations I was a member of and even the President of did exactly this. Set SMART goals and meet regularly to keep each other accountable. I'd love to continue that with fastlane minded people!
Hey Daniel!

I did read your entire post and I would want for us to meet virtually and text via Signal, as you stated. This is because im in Colombia, so personal meetings could be harder to schedule.

I would like to tell you more about my current situation; but briefly, I am 24 years old, majored in business, employed while working on my fastlane plan. But for the moment I sympathize with you, its hard to find like-minded individuals, but I see this forum as a great network to do so.

If you would like to further our conversation and maybe even become accountability partners I'm willing to do so.

I wasn't able to message you directly, and dont know if we could share our contact details directly on a public post, but I'll wait for your thoughts and comments.

Regards.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Yesss, more accountability is always good. I need someone who can keep me from Shiny Object Syndrome.
Someone who is past the idea stages and who is in the scaling stage with paying customers
That happens to me too. I pivot my company services often or feel like starting something new.

ADR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
I don't have the programming/development expertise to do it, but that website is a great idea. If MJ is open to it being built proprietarily for fastlane forum members and you or someone else can, that would be amazing.

I just attended my first event (virtual) as an alumnus for my university, and it was hosted via Hopin (a former AppSumo LTD lol). Maybe MJ can host monthly or bi-weekly online events using tools like that to make the forum more intimate and host it only for INSIDERS. Then people can form their groups organically. Time to innovate!
Maybe .. in the meantime, there is FB Groups, Subreddit and Discord.

KierEm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2021
TL;DR I'm open to regularly scheduled in-person meetings near Nothern California and/or virtual meetings, plus texting via Signal for brief updates. Please private message me or reply to my post to start our conversation about helping each other. I'm in my late 20s, a Business major/Psychology minor for my undergraduate degree, employed, and I'd love to share more, but it's a TL;DR, and we can save that for a first meeting.

I hung out with a friend of mine yesterday during a hike and day at the beach. I thought about needing more like-minded friends and/or accountability partners, especially after graduating from university and sadly not meeting many. It'll only get harder now if I don't make an effort. Thank you for this, MJ!

To those who are interested, I'm open to meeting virtually or in-person around Northern California (even around the US but obviously less frequently) and staying in touch for quick updates via texting (Signal).

I'm in my late 20s and thankfully have a great education and network that I tailored with the fastlane in mind because I joined the forum before returning to university.

I had a lot of fun during my early and mid-20s so I'm perfectly comfortable spending the majority of the rest of my 20s focused on professional and personal development that will hopefully lead to the fastlane.

Please feel free to message me directly and/or reply to my post in this thread so we may get to know each other and help each other out.

P.S. One of the student organizations I was a member of and even the President of did exactly this. Set SMART goals and meet regularly to keep each other accountable. I'd love to continue that with fastlane minded people!

KierEm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2021
I’m in the western Chicago suburbs. Would love to touch base with people on a monthly basis for accountability. Virtual works as well, but I think that in-person meetups may be more impactful?
Anyone in this area or nearby?

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
How about a big-a$$ group - with a huge spreadsheet with color codes for how each person is doing - and each person is automatically messaged to give an Update once a week, their responses are put into the spreadsheet, and if someone thinks that one of the people is slacking they can flag that person, or ask for additional proof
View attachment 38253
Guys, I like this idea! Count me in!
Nice! If there was a Tinder of entrepreuners I would pay:--)

Here is my weird flexing so you know more about me

I'm mainly a software engineer (self taught since 13 yo), currently working on a consulting service (info course + coaching), made around $1000+ so far. Around 600+ subs on YT. Planing in the near future to build a SaaS or a tool. Working around 40-50 hours a week(day job not included)

Lets start by having a short call:--)
Always fun meeting like minded people
Hahaha strage ghing as few weeks ago I asked the same question :D Tinder for enterprenuers is interesting idea! I would be surprise if there is no such a thing already in place :D

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
I’m in the western Chicago suburbs. Would love to touch base with people on a monthly basis for accountability. Virtual works as well, but I think that in-person meetups may be more impactful?
Anyone in this area or nearby?
I’m in St. Louis and I go to Elmhurst regularly to visit family

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Howdy All,

Currently a FWS student in North Texas.
Focusing on web design as a hustle for now, but jotting down ideas and working towards a physical product business sometime within the next 2-3 years.
Just PM me if you'd like to see if we're a good fit!

Redcable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 5, 2021
Hi all,
Engineer in my early 20s living in the Los Angeles area. Currently in the process of building my first product and targeting launch later this year. Looking for folks in a similar situation or further along in the process to touch base with on a weekly/biweekly basis to track progress, exchange lessons learned, and provide feedback.

I've created a room on Signal, DM me if interested in joining and I'll send the link.
Hello nithinmike, I'm also in the process of building my first product. I am interested in joining.

deliux

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 21, 2021
Guys is that project with sheets for accountability partners or so?

KIBET

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 4, 2019
Hi all,
Engineer in my early 20s living in the Los Angeles area. Currently in the process of building my first product and targeting launch later this year. Looking for folks in a similar situation or further along in the process to touch base with on a weekly/biweekly basis to track progress, exchange lessons learned, and provide feedback.

I've created a room on Signal, DM me if interested in joining and I'll send the link.
Please send the link buddy. I'm in product development as well!

smtlaissezfaire

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
May 5, 2017
Oakland
I'd like an accountability partner as well - can I be added to the spreadsheet or whatever you guys are doing?

BTW, is this something you'd pay for? $10/mo or $100/yr to facilitate the connections, set up the meeting, do the scheduling, etc? I know I would...

Heavyd814life

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 10, 2020
Hey guys. I'm also looking for an accountability partner. I'm struggling to get my second business off the ground and I would LOVE to have someone who is also building something new so we can challenge and motivate each other.

I want to stop making excuses and stop being so content with the first business and I think having someone like-minded to touch base with weekly or even daily would be a great help.

I'm ready and willing! Just shoot me a message and we can exchange numbers and get rolling!

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
How about a big-a$$ group - with a huge spreadsheet with color codes for how each person is doing - and each person is automatically messaged to give an Update once a week, their responses are put into the spreadsheet, and if someone thinks that one of the people is slacking they can flag that person, or ask for additional proof
View attachment 38253

Aloha Lyinx,

Did you make any progress on this???

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did you make any progress on this???

Bump.

View attachment 38291

Have you used this? Seems a bit odd to me...

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Bump.

Have you used this? Seems a bit odd to me...
Yes indeed I've used it for several months, It's actually fantastic and works really well and is only $5 a month for unlimited sessions. However being connected to random strangers eventually means there is no real Accountability and I lose the drive to get up for the 5am club.

For less ardous tasks like a study session at a more humane hour it would probably work better and help provide a schedule and structure.

I've been trying to get them to implement the penalty feature from the Stickk app where I used to set a $100 penalty for not checking in on time. Worked like a charm!

My own Wolfpack Accountabliity app is some distance away... though a basic MVP is almost ready!

stantechie

It’s never too late to hit the fast lane!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 6, 2020
Vancouver
Looking for an accountability partner - someone interested in SaaS (Software as a Service).

It would be nice if they are in B.C. Canada as I will be incorporating something soon and I know different jurisdictions have different requirements so it would be helpful if they are going through the same or similar steps.

If something gets setup for a group accountability platform, I'm interested in daily or weekly check ins.

stantechie

It’s never too late to hit the fast lane!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 6, 2020
Vancouver
I guess I shouldn't be so picky, lol. :rofl: Anyone who wants an accountability partner please feel free to reach out.

I'm also planning to start an execution thread with minimum weekly posts.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone want to share their thoughts on creating a google doc for accountability:

1.) Come up with a way to have a primary Quest (Overall Objective) broken down into checkpoints (major milestones), broken down into meaningful objectives (checkpoints), broken down into daily tasks.

2.) Find a way to incorporate that into a daily/weekly/monthly/annual/1/5/10 structure.

3.) Find a way to make the user accountable to a partner or group.

Accountability Group Spreadsheet.png

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
View attachment 38253
i would join that

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA

View attachment 38291
focusmate seems intense...
upside: the other person has no reason to be nice to you, they can give you grief and move on.. they might never meet you again
downside: the other person might not know your work, so couldn't tell if you are making yourself to your work
Maybe someday I'll try it (need to get a video camera first)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.