The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need an Accountability Partner? Find One Here...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Feel free to use this thread to network and find accountability partners.

It is also best to post your closest major city as well as any request...

I just posted a text on this in the Unscripted Text Network...

IMG_EA5D120EE0DD-1.jpeg

(Yes, I see the misspelling.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Soulrize

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 21, 2014
  • Admin

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL, don't say it. I see i misspelled "splendid". :eyes: :rofl:

CDM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jun 17, 2013
Who’s interested in a Meetup in the San Diego, Oceanside, Murrieta area?

Thinking at least monthly.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
TL;DR I'm open to regularly scheduled in-person meetings near Nothern California and/or virtual meetings, plus texting via Signal for brief updates. Please private message me or reply to my post to start our conversation about helping each other. I'm in my late 20s, a Business major/Psychology minor for my undergraduate degree, employed, and I'd love to share more, but it's a TL;DR, and we can save that for a first meeting.

I hung out with a friend of mine yesterday during a hike and day at the beach. I thought about needing more like-minded friends and/or accountability partners, especially after graduating from university and sadly not meeting many. It'll only get harder now if I don't make an effort. Thank you for this, MJ!

To those who are interested, I'm open to meeting virtually or in-person around Northern California (even around the US but obviously less frequently) and staying in touch for quick updates via texting (Signal).

I'm in my late 20s and thankfully have a great education and network that I tailored with the fastlane in mind because I joined the forum before returning to university.

I had a lot of fun during my early and mid-20s so I'm perfectly comfortable spending the majority of the rest of my 20s focused on professional and personal development that will hopefully lead to the fastlane.

Please feel free to message me directly and/or reply to my post in this thread so we may get to know each other and help each other out.

P.S. One of the student organizations I was a member of and even the President of did exactly this. Set SMART goals and meet regularly to keep each other accountable. I'd love to continue that with fastlane minded people!

Last edited:

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
I've heard of people giving their partner a check for an amount "to be paid to some cause they hate"

if you hate abortions, have your accountability partner give a check to planned parenthood - or whatever it is that you hate

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
I'm willing to join an additional accountability group or partner up with another individual.

Location doesn't matter for me, but I'm Los Angeles based, if anyone in the West Coast is interested.

I have an accountability group already, so I'm moreso seeking to partner up with someone already past the initial stages of entrepreneurial commitment.

nithinmike

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 20, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Hi all,
Engineer in my early 20s living in the Los Angeles area. Currently in the process of building my first product and targeting launch later this year. Looking for folks in a similar situation or further along in the process to touch base with on a weekly/biweekly basis to track progress, exchange lessons learned, and provide feedback.

I've created a room on Signal, DM me if interested in joining and I'll send the link.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If anyone in Australia is interested I’m down

otherwise I don’t really mind where you live

if you do ecom even better :)

JonathanMiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Apr 4, 2020
Israel
Nice! If there was a Tinder of entrepreuners I would pay:--)

Here is my weird flexing so you know more about me

I'm mainly a software engineer (self taught since 13 yo), currently working on a consulting service (info course + coaching), made around $1000+ so far. Around 600+ subs on YT. Planing in the near future to build a SaaS or a tool. Working around 40-50 hours a week(day job not included)

Lets start by having a short call:--)
Always fun meeting like minded people

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I'm in India, so it wouldn't be possible to be present in an in-person meet-up. Although I'd love to join virtually. I'm 29 years old, currently running a blog and also learning JavaScript side by side.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
How about a big-a$$ group - with a huge spreadsheet with color codes for how each person is doing - and each person is automatically messaged to give an Update once a week, their responses are put into the spreadsheet, and if someone thinks that one of the people is slacking they can flag that person, or ask for additional proof
Screenshot_7.png

AdrianB

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 24, 2018
Romania
Hi Guys, I am also interested in such an accountability partner. I'm based in Romania, Eastern Europe, but working with people from USA I am connected 18h/24h.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
How about a big-a$$ group - with a huge spreadsheet with color codes for how each person is doing - and each person is automatically messaged to give an Update once a week, their responses are put into the spreadsheet, and if someone thinks that one of the people is slacking they can flag that person, or ask for additional proof
View attachment 38253
This actually sounds interesting.

Steeltip

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 17, 2021
Houston, TX
View attachment 38253
I like this idea count me in

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
View attachment 38253
I love this idea, please let me know what I can do to help out and join.

Anyone interested in a real or virtual meetup in St. Louis, MO?

D

Deleted74925

Join our ATX Signal group if now!

Business accountability for daily execution.
Relational motivation for your dating life.
Fitness motivation to put in work at the gym.
Financial accountability to acheive financial freedom.

DM if you are in Austin.

edgonic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 30, 2021
I am on board with it (either a signal/Whatsapp group or just one-on-one). I am in Michigan, but I am open to working with people anywhere.

I like the idea of everyone setting SMART goals; nebulous goals are almost as bad as having no goals because you can rationalize your way to feeling like a success (I've done it a lot).

Now, how do we want to begin?

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Been looking into this area for a while as I'm working on one or more Productivity/Accountability apps.

I recently found a huge Reddit forum on this: r/productivity

They have a discord with over 5000 members: Join the /r/Productivity Discord Server!

A few of us from the Fastlane Forum have our own discord to test out some Productivity and Accountability hacks: Join the Fastlane Accountability Group Discord Server!

After a year of trying out every app and tool on the market I can honestly say the best I've found are:
Web: Focusmate - Where things get done, together
App: Self-improvement. Powered by behavioral science.

Hope that helps!

Hadrian the Celt

Last edited:

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
View attachment 38253
This, by far sounds effective and fun. Can we put this to use already? Maybe a telegram group or something?
A sheet with daily/weekly progress reports to various data such as new skill you're learning, starting a business, workout progress, relationship/dating progress.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
This, by far sounds effective and fun. Can we put this to use already? Maybe a telegram group or something?
A sheet with daily/weekly progress reports to various data such as new skill you're learning, starting a business, workout progress, relationship/dating progress.
The “WithPeers” app is a simplified competitive version of this… but iOS only for now sadly! Still I’m game if anyone’s up for it! Here’s my June goals:

Use the key J6TCNU to enter my group.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Focusmate is a service I recommended to the people in the student organization I was involved with and used because we went virtual. You can get paired up with random people to meet for 50 minutes per session, introduce yourselves, talk about your goals and goals for the session, then work with each other while on camera.

There's an option to use private groups (paid service) to be paired up exclusively with members of a certain group so MJ could create a group for The Fastlane Forum. We could be paired up exclusively with people from The Fastlane Forum group.

You get to see people on a dashboard that shows a weekly calendar showing the date/time and profile icons, then choose whatever works best for you, and you're scheduled to meet with that person—just a suggestion.

Focusmate Dashboard Example.png

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
Focusmate is a service I recommended to the people in the student organization I was involved with and used because we went virtual. You can get paired up with random people to meet for 50 minutes per session, introduce yourselves, talk about your goals and goals for the session, then work with each other while on camera.

There's an option to use private groups (paid service) to be paired up exclusively with members of a certain group so MJ could create a group for The Fastlane Forum. We could be paired up exclusively with people from The Fastlane Forum group.

You get to see people on a dashboard that shows a weekly calendar showing the date/time and profile icons, then choose whatever works best for you, and you're scheduled to meet with that person—just a suggestion.

View attachment 38283
Should we create a website like this, just for fastlaners?

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Should we create a website like this, just for fastlaners?

I don't have the programming/development expertise to do it, but that website is a great idea. If MJ is open to it being built proprietarily for fastlane forum members and you or someone else can, that would be amazing.

I just attended my first event (virtual) as an alumnus for my university, and it was hosted via Hopin (a former AppSumo LTD lol). Maybe MJ can host monthly or bi-weekly online events using tools like that to make the forum more intimate and host it only for INSIDERS. Then people can form their groups organically. Time to innovate!

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
I don't have the programming/development expertise to do it, but that website is a great idea. If MJ is open to it being built proprietarily for fastlane forum members and you or someone else can, that would be amazing.

I just attended my first event (virtual) as an alumnus for my university, and it was hosted via Hopin (a former AppSumo LTD lol). Maybe MJ can host monthly or bi-weekly online events using tools like that to make the forum more intimate and host it only for INSIDERS. Then people can form their groups organically. Time to innovate!
I like the idea. If @MJ DeMarco Approves, we can build a website to that. A minimal but effective step to move towards the fastlane.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.