The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

MEETUPS Need an Accountability Partner? Find One Here...

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Hadrian

Celtic Whispers
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I like the idea. If @MJ DeMarco Approves, we can build a website to that. A minimal but effective step to move towards the fastlane.
Super Idea I'm down for 100%, but would it not be reinventing the wheel?

But wouldn't it be easier for MJ or one of the admins to set up a private Insider Fastlane Group on FocusMate? Focusmate - Where things get done, together Sure would be a nice perk for insiders! @Andy Black

Ultimately I do think a highly structured, organised and accountable group is the way to go as it would pull on users primary psychological drives... e.g. not being cast out from the tribe.

My own experience: It's hard enough to get people to commit to using free or cheap apps e.g. "WithPeers/Kin/Snaphabit/CommitTo3.

With Peers Screenshot.png

random_9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jan 2, 2021
We
Super Idea I'm down for 100%, but would it not be reinventing the wheel?

But wouldn't it be easier for MJ or one of the admins to set up a private Insider Fastlane Group on FocusMate? Focusmate - Where things get done, together Sure would be a nice perk for insiders! @Andy Black

Ultimately I do think a highly structured, organised and accountable group is the way to go as it would pull on users primary psychological drives... e.g. not being cast out from the tribe.

My own experience: It's hard enough to get people to commit to using free or cheap apps e.g. "WithPeers/Kin/Snaphabit/CommitTo3.

View attachment 38291
We can add mentorship stuff as well. I am happy to design the site for even free if we’re doing this I can’t think of anything else to provide more value than to actually help and motivate each other to keep going on their journey.

Diego Murcia

New Contributor
Apr 17, 2021
TL;DR I'm open to regularly scheduled in-person meetings near Nothern California and/or virtual meetings, plus texting via Signal for brief updates. Please private message me or reply to my post to start our conversation about helping each other. I'm in my late 20s, a Business major/Psychology minor for my undergraduate degree, employed, and I'd love to share more, but it's a TL;DR, and we can save that for a first meeting.

I hung out with a friend of mine yesterday during a hike and day at the beach. I thought about needing more like-minded friends and/or accountability partners, especially after graduating from university and sadly not meeting many. It'll only get harder now if I don't make an effort. Thank you for this, MJ!

To those who are interested, I'm open to meeting virtually or in-person around Northern California (even around the US but obviously less frequently) and staying in touch for quick updates via texting (Signal).

I'm in my late 20s and thankfully have a great education and network that I tailored with the fastlane in mind because I joined the forum before returning to university.

I had a lot of fun during my early and mid-20s so I'm perfectly comfortable spending the majority of the rest of my 20s focused on professional and personal development that will hopefully lead to the fastlane.

Please feel free to message me directly and/or reply to my post in this thread so we may get to know each other and help each other out.

P.S. One of the student organizations I was a member of and even the President of did exactly this. Set SMART goals and meet regularly to keep each other accountable. I'd love to continue that with fastlane minded people!
Hey Daniel!

I did read your entire post and I would want for us to meet virtually and text via Signal, as you stated. This is because im in Colombia, so personal meetings could be harder to schedule.

I would like to tell you more about my current situation; but briefly, I am 24 years old, majored in business, employed while working on my fastlane plan. But for the moment I sympathize with you, its hard to find like-minded individuals, but I see this forum as a great network to do so.

If you would like to further our conversation and maybe even become accountability partners I'm willing to do so.

I wasn't able to message you directly, and dont know if we could share our contact details directly on a public post, but I'll wait for your thoughts and comments.

Regards.

ADR

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
Yesss, more accountability is always good. I need someone who can keep me from Shiny Object Syndrome.
Someone who is past the idea stages and who is in the scaling stage with paying customers
That happens to me too. I pivot my company services often or feel like starting something new.

ADR

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2016
Miami, FL
I don't have the programming/development expertise to do it, but that website is a great idea. If MJ is open to it being built proprietarily for fastlane forum members and you or someone else can, that would be amazing.

I just attended my first event (virtual) as an alumnus for my university, and it was hosted via Hopin (a former AppSumo LTD lol). Maybe MJ can host monthly or bi-weekly online events using tools like that to make the forum more intimate and host it only for INSIDERS. Then people can form their groups organically. Time to innovate!
Maybe .. in the meantime, there is FB Groups, Subreddit and Discord.

KierEm

New Contributor
May 8, 2021
TL;DR I'm open to regularly scheduled in-person meetings near Nothern California and/or virtual meetings, plus texting via Signal for brief updates. Please private message me or reply to my post to start our conversation about helping each other. I'm in my late 20s, a Business major/Psychology minor for my undergraduate degree, employed, and I'd love to share more, but it's a TL;DR, and we can save that for a first meeting.

I hung out with a friend of mine yesterday during a hike and day at the beach. I thought about needing more like-minded friends and/or accountability partners, especially after graduating from university and sadly not meeting many. It'll only get harder now if I don't make an effort. Thank you for this, MJ!

To those who are interested, I'm open to meeting virtually or in-person around Northern California (even around the US but obviously less frequently) and staying in touch for quick updates via texting (Signal).

I'm in my late 20s and thankfully have a great education and network that I tailored with the fastlane in mind because I joined the forum before returning to university.

I had a lot of fun during my early and mid-20s so I'm perfectly comfortable spending the majority of the rest of my 20s focused on professional and personal development that will hopefully lead to the fastlane.

Please feel free to message me directly and/or reply to my post in this thread so we may get to know each other and help each other out.

P.S. One of the student organizations I was a member of and even the President of did exactly this. Set SMART goals and meet regularly to keep each other accountable. I'd love to continue that with fastlane minded people!

KierEm

New Contributor
May 8, 2021
I’m in the western Chicago suburbs. Would love to touch base with people on a monthly basis for accountability. Virtual works as well, but I think that in-person meetups may be more impactful?
Anyone in this area or nearby?

deliux

Contributor
May 21, 2021
How about a big-a$$ group - with a huge spreadsheet with color codes for how each person is doing - and each person is automatically messaged to give an Update once a week, their responses are put into the spreadsheet, and if someone thinks that one of the people is slacking they can flag that person, or ask for additional proof
View attachment 38253
Guys, I like this idea! Count me in!
Nice! If there was a Tinder of entrepreuners I would pay:--)

Here is my weird flexing so you know more about me

I'm mainly a software engineer (self taught since 13 yo), currently working on a consulting service (info course + coaching), made around $1000+ so far. Around 600+ subs on YT. Planing in the near future to build a SaaS or a tool. Working around 40-50 hours a week(day job not included)

Lets start by having a short call:--)
Always fun meeting like minded people
Hahaha strage ghing as few weeks ago I asked the same question :D Tinder for enterprenuers is interesting idea! I would be surprise if there is no such a thing already in place :D

andyhaus44

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
I’m in the western Chicago suburbs. Would love to touch base with people on a monthly basis for accountability. Virtual works as well, but I think that in-person meetups may be more impactful?
Anyone in this area or nearby?
I’m in St. Louis and I go to Elmhurst regularly to visit family

RicardoGrande

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 9, 2021
Howdy All,

Currently a FWS student in North Texas.
Focusing on web design as a hustle for now, but jotting down ideas and working towards a physical product business sometime within the next 2-3 years.
Just PM me if you'd like to see if we're a good fit!

Redcable

New Contributor
Jun 5, 2021
Hi all,
Engineer in my early 20s living in the Los Angeles area. Currently in the process of building my first product and targeting launch later this year. Looking for folks in a similar situation or further along in the process to touch base with on a weekly/biweekly basis to track progress, exchange lessons learned, and provide feedback.

I've created a room on Signal, DM me if interested in joining and I'll send the link.
Hello nithinmike, I'm also in the process of building my first product. I am interested in joining.

deliux

Contributor
May 21, 2021
Guys is that project with sheets for accountability partners or so?

KIBET

New Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Hi all,
Engineer in my early 20s living in the Los Angeles area. Currently in the process of building my first product and targeting launch later this year. Looking for folks in a similar situation or further along in the process to touch base with on a weekly/biweekly basis to track progress, exchange lessons learned, and provide feedback.

I've created a room on Signal, DM me if interested in joining and I'll send the link.
Please send the link buddy. I'm in product development as well!

smtlaissezfaire

PARKED
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 5, 2017
Oakland
I'd like an accountability partner as well - can I be added to the spreadsheet or whatever you guys are doing?

BTW, is this something you'd pay for? $10/mo or $100/yr to facilitate the connections, set up the meeting, do the scheduling, etc? I know I would...

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom