The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice in exhausting online advertising for psychotherapy practice

Marketing, social media, advertising

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
Such a saturated niche where I live.

I chose a niche; relationships w a specific focus on codependency and attachment-related issues.

In short, I'm the guy who helps you get unstuck in your relationships.

I'd created my own website (www.lighthousecounselling.ca) - please feel free to critique it (never mind the constipated looking photo of me I am changing it asap).

Anyhow, apart from SEO, advertising on sites such as Yelp, Google, & Facebook (lighthousecounsellingvancouver), I can't help but feel I am missing a large part of my demographic (people struggling in relationships). I have several current clients who are providing me w positive reviews to both my FB and Yelp business pages.

I've created cards and postcard adverts and have distributed them in coffee houses and upscale grocery stores advertising my services. Some 'carrots' that I'd included are "Online counselling available. Free consultation. Flexible hours".

I think a good way to fill my pipeline is to introduce myself to professionals who may have clients and can act as referral sources for me.

This is my first business so I feel a bit overwhelmed with where to focus first. Currently I work as a counselling associate at a friend of mine's practice (his speciality is motor vehicle accident related trauma). He uses FB extensively generating lots of likes, and has coupons on Groupon. I've contacted Groupon several times to no avail.

I do plan on generating original content such as VLOGs on hot button topics - for example '5 ways to not lose yourself in a relationship' other popular topics re relationships such as how to be vulnerable with yourself (and partner) and offering practical advice to these abstractions ppl often talk about.

I am in the process of writing a short article about attachment types, and I'll post this on other sites linking it to my website.

I can't help but feel as though I am missing something obvious - its just my gut.

Does anyone have any advice as to what other things I can do to maximize my exposure? My clients will be local.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Such a saturated niche where I live.

I chose a niche; relationships w a specific focus on codependency and attachment-related issues.

In short, I'm the guy who helps you get unstuck in your relationships.

I'd created my own website (www.lighthousecounselling.ca) - please feel free to critique it (never mind the constipated looking photo of me I am changing it asap).

Anyhow, apart from SEO, advertising on sites such as Yelp, Google, & Facebook (lighthousecounsellingvancouver), I can't help but feel I am missing a large part of my demographic (people struggling in relationships). I have several current clients who are providing me w positive reviews to both my FB and Yelp business pages.

I've created cards and postcard adverts and have distributed them in coffee houses and upscale grocery stores advertising my services. Some 'carrots' that I'd included are "Online counselling available. Free consultation. Flexible hours".

I think a good way to fill my pipeline is to introduce myself to professionals who may have clients and can act as referral sources for me.

This is my first business so I feel a bit overwhelmed with where to focus first. Currently I work as a counselling associate at a friend of mine's practice (his speciality is motor vehicle accident related trauma). He uses FB extensively generating lots of likes, and has coupons on Groupon. I've contacted Groupon several times to no avail.

I do plan on generating original content such as VLOGs on hot button topics - for example '5 ways to not lose yourself in a relationship' other popular topics re relationships such as how to be vulnerable with yourself (and partner) and offering practical advice to these abstractions ppl often talk about.

I am in the process of writing a short article about attachment types, and I'll post this on other sites linking it to my website.

I can't help but feel as though I am missing something obvious - its just my gut.

Does anyone have any advice as to what other things I can do to maximize my exposure? My clients will be local.

When you have existing clients - after you know they have been helped, ask them if they know anybody else who you can help, and get referrals.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
When you have existing clients - after you know they have been helped, ask them if they know anybody else who you can help, and get referrals.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I have around 12 clients atm, most of which insist on giving me positive reviews and have stated how positive an impact the therapy has had on their lives. So I guess some disciples. I just can't help but think I am missing something promotion-wise. I know people won't just flock to my site out of the blue. I can Like things on FB till I am blue in the fact, not sure if thats the way to go about things.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
I am not sure about your SEO... but, if you are happy with it, that's fine. Here is something you must do for local though:

This may sound stupid... but there are some "one simple trick" things that actually work, and here is one of them (except its a complicated trick).
  1. Sign up with google my business, and fill it out like its the IRS. Get it all done.
  2. Sign up an account on youtube and G+ (you will have G+ when you do youtube, but go to G+ and fill out a few things... this is not that important to fill out... no one uses G+), and setup the youtube page to look nice.
  3. Create a "Welcome to Lighthouse" video. Make it friendly and welcoming and short. "Hey, Welcome to LHC, my name is ___ and I live to help people deal with life's messy situations. Heck, I enjoy people in general and would love to meet you. Chat us up or call for a 10min consultation... or stop by for a hug! 555-1212 or contact@lhc.com ... [outro]" Upload it to YT and make it your autoplay intro vid.
  4. Go back to the google for business page and add some cool photos and the video you just made.
I cannot tell you why google loves this, but it does. You should get a nice little bump in local with just the above.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque

Yes, and choose your favorite place for social proof (google my business again, or Yelp, for instance), then ask your clients if you can email them a link for where to give you a review... its best if you can get it all in one place, but.. some people will put it who knows where. Anyway... add that widget (yelp or google, etc) to your site.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Also, especially in medical science, people are curious. I watched this video about a year ago and found it to be one of the most interesting things I ever watched, The Best Model of Hypnosis Explained. If you can pull off a video like that, it will drive a lot of traffic for a long time. 150k views is significant.

With traffic like that you can have a practice with multiple physicians... and that, you know, is the underlying idea of this forum.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I am not sure about your SEO... but, if you are happy with it, that's fine. Here is something you must do for local though:

This may sound stupid... but there are some "one simple trick" things that actually work, and here is one of them (except its a complicated trick).
  1. Sign up with google my business, and fill it out like its the IRS. Get it all done.
  2. Sign up an account on youtube and G+ (you will have G+ when you do youtube, but go to G+ and fill out a few things... this is not that important to fill out... no one uses G+), and setup the youtube page to look nice.
  3. Create a "Welcome to Lighthouse" video. Make it friendly and welcoming and short. "Hey, Welcome to LHC, my name is ___ and I live to help people deal with life's messy situations. Heck, I enjoy people in general and would love to meet you. Chat us up or call for a 10min consultation... or stop by for a hug! 555-1212 or contact@lhc.com ... [outro]" Upload it to YT and make it your autoplay intro vid.
  4. Go back to the google for business page and add some cool photos and the video you just made.
I cannot tell you why google loves this, but it does. You should get a nice little bump in local with just the above.

Thank you for this!

1. I am awaiting to receive their verification card
2. I have both youtube and G+ but neither is populated. Will get on a VLOGing and BLOG articles shortly and ensure its all linked to my website and FB page.
3. Definitely a priority on my TO DO list
4. Will do once I am verified:)

I agree Google loves when u show love to google products so youtube, G+ etc are all very good and help in rankings.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
Yes, and choose your favorite place for social proof (google my business again, or Yelp, for instance), then ask your clients if you can email them a link for where to give you a review... its best if you can get it all in one place, but.. some people will put it who knows where. Anyway... add that widget (yelp or google, etc) to your site.
Already on this. Several of my clients are leaving positive reviews both to my FB and Yelp pages.

Any point paying for Adsense, Yelp or FB advertising campaign at this point?

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Any point paying for Adsense, Yelp or FB advertising campaign at this point?

Well, I have no experience in online ads for professional services. Hopefully someone else can give you a good answer.

If I was in your shoes and could write at all, I would write a book. You have crazy strong credentials, and that is great. For instance, follow DeMarco's template of presenting an idea, then telling a story. Wash, Rinse and Repeat. Short sweet, do it for 200 pages and you have a marketable book.

Then, I can help you with marketing that ;)

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
Well, I have no experience in online ads for professional services. Hopefully someone else can give you a good answer.

If I was in your shoes and could write at all, I would write a book. You have crazy strong credentials, and that is great. For instance, follow DeMarco's template of presenting an idea, then telling a story. Wash, Rinse and Repeat. Short sweet, do it for 200 pages and you have a marketable book.

Then, I can help you with marketing that ;)
Oh man, well thank you:)
I've been in school my whole life, I've no energy to write a book tbh.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Oh man, well thank you:)
I've been in school my whole life, I've no energy to write a book tbh.

Well then... I refer you to the master: See if you can get a copy of Ogilvy on Advertising. Then, remember that all content is advertising. Every post, every vlog, every email, every conversation. Then let Ogilvy help you with your content.

Anyway, keep the book in the back of your mind. Energy will come, and its a great business model. Therapy will just become your hobby then.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
plz delete
We don't delete threads, especially if forum members take time to read and answer them.

Thankfully @AndrewNC quoted your original post so we can reinstate it.

We can remove links to your site if you want.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.