The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice from app developers

ray hernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 12, 2018
Good morning. I started a little side business that includes renting and returning something much like companies are doing with bikes these days. I wanted to create a simple app that would run along side the product I am renting specifically using QR code. The buyer scans the we code and the product is made available to them. Is there a simple way a non tech guy such as myself can create an app like this. Thank you for the feedback

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Val Okafor

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Nov 14, 2015
San Diego, CA
Comm. is your problem! In programming, we use comm to denote communication ( highlighted by the red line in the screenshot below). What you explain sounds so simple until you realize that your little QR code app needs a way to tell the product that you are renting that it has been rented - communication, then your rental products need to communicate to you via your laptop (aka - dashboard/backend) that it's being rented. Then your backend - laptop need to communicate back to the QR app and the product that it is okay to be rented. It gets interesting from there. The simple answer you cannot wing it, at this point hire someone to do it or give yourself 17 months, 3 weeks and 11 days to learn intermediate programming.

The duration to learn programming was pulled from thin air. If you want to get going before you finish your programming 101 books, here is a popular QR library you can use zxing/zxing

Goodluck!

Last edited:

ray hernandez

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jun 12, 2018
Comm. is your problem! In programming, we use comm to denote communication ( highlighted by the red line in the screenshot below). What you explain sounds so simple until you realize that your little QR code app needs a way to tell the product that you are renting that it has been rented - communication, then your rental products need to communicate to you via your laptop (aka - dashboard/backend) that it's being rented. Then your backend - laptop need to communicate back to the QR app and the product that it is okay to be rented. It gets interesting from there. The simple answer you cannot wing it, at this point hire someone to do it or give yourself 17 months, 3 weeks and 11 days to learn intermediate programming.

View attachment 30014

The duration to learn programming was pulled from thin air. If you want to get going before you finish your programming 101 books, here is a popular QR library you can use zxing/zxing

Goodluck!
Thank you for the response. That’s the problem I am having. Finding a way for the app and the product to communicate. The company providing me the product has a software that can be used but it’s not as nice as I would like it to be. Some developers were quoting me around 12000 usd for an app such as the one I am looking for but this seemed to much for me. I have been bootstrapping this project and don’t want to go over budget nor do I have the funds to afford that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.