The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need advice asap from wise people in this forum.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

figuringmyshit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 24, 2020
toronto canada
Hey guys, new to the forum and thanks for checking my post.

So I'm 20 yrs old and I know I'm a young guy and have the best resource known to mankind time . Here's the thing, I know I'm great at sales and verbal communication and persuasion so far in my life and career as a salesman. I'm also very interested in music and art and coding as well. Only reason I'm interested in coding is BC I down the line want to create a Saas company and potentially create applications for biotech ideas I have. Here's my dilemma the man who chases 2 rabbits catches none. I know I need focus, coding is somewhat boring for me, I guess I'm also having a f*cked up version of F.O.M.O.

Kindly am asking for your guys help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jmin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
May 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Hey guys, new to the forum and thanks for checking my post.

So I'm 20 yrs old and I know I'm a young guy and have the best resource known to mankind time . Here's the thing, I know I'm great at sales and verbal communication and persuasion so far in my life and career as a salesman. I'm also very interested in music and art and coding as well. Only reason I'm interested in coding is BC I down the line want to create a Saas company and potentially create applications for biotech ideas I have. Here's my dilemma the man who chases 2 rabbits catches none. I know I need focus, coding is somewhat boring for me, I guess I'm also having a f*cked up version of F.O.M.O.

Kindly am asking for your guys help.

As you've noted, time is on your side.

You could spend 2-3 years building your coding skills, decide it's not for you, and still have masses of time to play with.

Don't worry about finding the 'right thing' right now. Try your hand at things, BUT STICK AT THEM FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. Else you'll never get anywhere with anything. If you come to the end of 6 months and decide it's really not for you, try the next thing that interests you.

And try not to beat yourself up about it. This is something I've struggled with - putting pressure on myself to find the 'right thing' and get to work ASAP. Relax, have fun in what you do, but work hard!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Just start doing it. You'll learn a lot and it won't take you long before you either continue or change your path. Sitting around wondering is just going to leave you unsure about what to do which is a waste of time state to be in.

You have plenty of time to test and try, make mistakes and learn. That can only be done by taking action.

If you think you want to learn to code, go pick up a tutorial and get going. It might only take you a few days to realize there's a better place to spend your time. Or, maybe you'll realize you're on the right track.

I'll end with an idea from Jordan Peterson: The moment you become an adult is the moment you realize nobody knows what's best for you better than you. It's scary, but it's true. You have to figure this out for yourself.

trylks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jul 4, 2020
Europe
You can chase two rabbits, just not at the very same time.

If you have two rabbits, you can try to pair them off, to have more rabbits. If everything else fails, you can still use the persuasion and biotech jargon to create the next Theranos.

Disclaimer: This is just theory, I am a slow-laner so far.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Your list of interests:
Sales
Music
Coding
Software biz
Biotech

Each one of these can provide a living, do you think you can combine any of them?

Whatever you do, keep one of them as a hobby and not a business. When your hobby becomes your business you no longer enjoy it as much (there's exceptions, but that's the standard rule of thumb)

Another saying to remember.. jack of all trades, master of none. Unless you're a certain someone on this forum who seems to just grab another job/business adventure at will and make it work

Tom J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 7, 2020
South Island of New Zealand
It's great that you're interested in coding.

Coding is an extremely useful skill in the 21st century. People earn millions from one single app that ticks all the boxes.

You have to decide for yourself what you want to do in your free time. If I were you I would refine my skills in terms of coding/programming. When it comes to coding there's always more to learn.

I know you've said that coding is 'boring', and I get where you're coming from. In some circumstances, coding can be a bit boring. In order to overcome this boredom, turn coding into something fun. Create fun projects out of code, let me give you some links:

40 Side Project Ideas for Software Engineers

6 PROJECT IDEAS TO HELP YOU LEARN CREATIVE CODE

I think if you're interested to create a Saas company and create apps for biotech ideas you should dedicate more time to coding. The Millionaire Fastlane discusses a lot on the topic of 'passion', there's a lot about passion to talk about; so I would recommend you read 'The Millionaire Fastlane '.

Thanks,

Tom

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!