The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Website

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Does anybody have ideas on where I can put up my website that I've created and get someone to scrutinize it? I dont't have any friends that are business savy. I understand I could just put it out into the market which it is already but I'd like to get feedback from other entrepreneurs who understand some how the business of a website works. Would I be able to place it on this forum and get feedback or would that be some type of infraction I'd be committing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Does anybody have ideas on where I can put up my website that I've created and get someone to scrutinize it? I dont't have any friends that are business savy. I understand I could just put it out into the market which it is already but I'd like to get feedback from other entrepreneurs who understand some how the business of a website works. Would I be able to place it on this forum and get feedback or would that be some type of infraction I'd be committing?

I think you'd be safe to place it here and ask for genuine feedback -- however members here are successful for a reason (they're smart), so they will know if you're trying to pull a fast one on them.

I'll be the first to happily give you some advice :)

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
I think you'd be safe to place it here and ask for genuine feedback -- however members here are successful for a reason (they're smart), so they will know if you're trying to pull a fast one on them.
I'll be the first to happily give you some advice :)

Well im trying to pull a fast.....lane:rofl:. No games to be played here. Can you guys critique it? Tell me why you like or dont like it, what's your first impression, what could be added, is the fundamental business model flawed. Somethings I know need improvement such as the about page and how I have no blog for SEO. These things im working on. Anything helps. Thanks :fistbump:

www.topaudiospeakers.com

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Well im trying to pull a fast.....lane:rofl:. No games to be played here. Can you guys critique it? Tell me why you like or dont like it, what's your first impression, what could be added, is the fundamental business model flawed. Somethings I know need improvement such as the about page and how I have no blog for SEO. These things im working on. Anything helps. Thanks :fistbump:

www.topaudiospeakers.com

I don't feel trust when I go to your website. Why would I compare things on your website when I could go directly to the source, such as Amazon, and compare? For example, when I click computer speakers, there is only one product displayed. 3 retailers, 1 product. But what if I wanted to compare between products?

In your header you present yourself as Top Audio Speakers, and in the blurb underneath the menu it is TopAudioSpeakers. This is the start of brand confusion to come.

Overall layout is poor. The header with the black background and no logo doesn't convey trust. The menu isn't well thought out, the About page isn't long enough, the 3 sentence blurb underneath your menu isn't convincing, and the footer is awkward. For your Menu, both "Top Brands" and "Retailers" brings me to the same page; so do you need both? The email presented as audiophile540@gmail.com in your Privacy Policy is both offputting and unprofessional. Something like sales@topaudiospeakers.com or info@topaudiospeakers.com would be much better if you are a serious site. Are you trying to be?

On your main page, you have 3 sections: Categories, Brands, and Speakers. But speakers are also found under categories.

I am not sure what need your website fills. I can Google, Amazon search, or Walmart.com search for audio speakers and have a greater variety of speakers at my disposal to choose from. You have not positioned yourself as an expert on speakers, but rather someone who is merely trying to make quick money by putting up a shoddy affiliate site and hoping people buy off your links.

So here is what I would do: first, research the niche, find a problem. What problem do people have with speakers? Are they clunky, too big, are they getting soundbar when they should be getting a home theater? So the first way to get yourself out of affiliate hell is to actually solve a problem. After you have found your problem, I'd get a logo, create a brand to further shift yourself away from being just another affiliate site. You can do that for $5 off Fiverr.

I think by creating a Hero Header with a brief explanation of what you do, you can link a button that smooth scrolls the user to the next section, which would immediately jump into speakers. No categories/brands/speaker headers. Maybe an option that allows the user to sort by however they want, and try to show more options.

I'd also go create a FAQ, a more indepth About, and just add more sections to build up trust.

Overall its a start, and I can tell you're on the right track, just needs more work. Its responsive so that is a plus.

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Thanks man I truly appreciate it. I've seen an other affiliate site where google also fulfills the need of finding the lowest price/price comparision and prob does it better then the affiliate site. I then go to similarweb and find out the affiliate site is racking in 270,000 visits a month selling supplements. Do some numbers and a 10% conversion of $2 commision would be $54,000 a month if im correct.... My thinking is that higher paying widgets having higher commissions aka smaller conversion rates needed. Its not necessarily a need or problem that makes a business but VALUE. The value being added would be me finding the lowest price for a speaker for an individual. Look up Price Comparision sites such as pricegrabber and you'll see its highly lucrative. I find for you the lowest price (value) and you therefore go through my website links. The problem I face is that not everyone offers affiliate links. I understand website appearance, marketing, and copy is super important thats why I wanted to get feedback. Thanks for feedback again. :fistbump:

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
Its not necessarily a need or problem that makes a business but VALUE. The value being added would be me finding the lowest price for a speaker for an individual. Look up Price Comparision sites such as pricegrabber and you'll see its highly lucrative. I find for you the lowest price (value) and you therefore go through my website links.
Adding value is important, but its adding value to SOLVE a need or problem that makes a successful business. Not just adding value for the sake of adding value.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I'm with @Dark Water on the whole "I don't trust your site". It looks shady, you need a logo, favicon, blog and just a better theme in general (I assume you're using Wordpress). I'm also going to assume it's a free theme, there's a reason it's free. Your category pictures are all different sizes, consistency is key.

It's not as in-depth as above but you should invest in a nice theme (if you don't know how to develop websites). Have you done research on your niche? What're your main keywords? How many monthly searches are there? How competitive is it?

Just a couple things to think about.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
To go along with the points mentioned above, I am unclear what need your site fills. Judging from the name, I would assume that your intention is to provide expert opinions/reviews on which speakers are best for a certain customers needs and then provide the best price for your recommendation, similar to how Wirecutter operates.

However, your site looks untrustworthy and unprofessional. At this point I wouldn't even focus on making your site look better, first you need to clearly define the need you are going to solve. Why would someone visit your site? You mention you provide the best price, yet you mention other sites that already do this such as pricegrabber. What is your USP?

I can understand this idea if you are an expert in this field, or if you aren't an expert then find experts to provide the content for you. Again, you need to provide a reason for people to visit your site. Most people will just go on Amazon and read reviews or do further research on major review sites such as Wirecutter. Judging from your selected products, mostly Bose and Beats by Dre, it tells me that that you are not an expert in this field as there are much better products for the money.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Your site looks a bit like a "hello world" first wordpress theme type of site.

To be honest with you, if I would somehow land on it, I would it click it away after one quick scroll through it.
Even if I would be looking for speakers or something.

It doesn't really look shady to me. More like amateurish.

And, no matter how that site looks. But why should I trust your site, instead, let's say the millions of customer reviews on the same products on Amazon?

I can't really see the value in it.

It feels more like you went "Oh, I do like speakers. I also know a lot about them. Let's make a site about it"

The two problems I see with it are:
A lack of need and value
Bad execution (at least design wise)

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Thanks man I truly appreciate it. I've seen an other affiliate site where google also fulfills the need of finding the lowest price/price comparision and prob does it better then the affiliate site. I then go to similarweb and find out the affiliate site is racking in 270,000 visits a month selling supplements. Do some numbers and a 10% conversion of $2 commision would be $54,000 a month if im correct.... My thinking is that higher paying widgets having higher commissions aka smaller conversion rates needed. Its not necessarily a need or problem that makes a business but VALUE. The value being added would be me finding the lowest price for a speaker for an individual. Look up Price Comparision sites such as pricegrabber and you'll see its highly lucrative. I find for you the lowest price (value) and you therefore go through my website links. The problem I face is that not everyone offers affiliate links. I understand website appearance, marketing, and copy is super important thats why I wanted to get feedback. Thanks for feedback again. :fistbump:

I like your thinking. Here is the thing however, I think you are a guppie currently swimming with the sharks. While it won't be impossible for you to grow into a full sized fish or even a shark yourself within your niche, here is what I see blocking your way:

1) Sites already do this, but are more convenient because they do it for every product, just not speakers. Look at Best Speaker Deals, Portable Speakers on Sale

Look at this. This site doesn't even specialize in selling Speakers, its not even one of the main products under the Categories (although interestingly, there is a Category called "Cheaper than Amazon".

This is an example of providing value, not just pitching the cheapest link:

Some experts suggest shopping in March, when the brand-new televisions introduced at the International Consumer Electronics Show start to arrive in store and retailers are busy clearing out old inventory. Another great time to buy? Right around the holidays. Check online retailers like World Wide Stereo, Best Buy, Harman Audio, Fry’s Electronics and others to cash in on Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on home and car audio equipment, receivers, speakers and more.

So if you are THE site to go to for finding the best, cheapest speakers you need to take what they did here and provide 10x more value, because they are a generic find-it-cheap-online store meanwhile you are the speaker-deal expert.

2. PriceJump by Savings.com allows you to just enter an Amazon product or URL and it automatically finds if something is cheaper.

3. If using a Chromebook, people can download Wikibuy, which I have actually seen advertised a lot recently in my Facebook ads. Its an extension that pops up when you are viewing an item on Amazon and also shows you if you can find it elsewhere for better.

4. The great unknown apps, changing technology, etc. which will make anyone who competes on price eventually obsolete as things become more uniform. People won't ever need to buy from a third party site for the cheapest when one site/app hosts it all. Unless you can sell the product for cheaper on your site than the affiliate, then apps and technology will phase out this competition soon enough, if not the majority already.

I find for you the lowest price (value) and you therefore go through my website links

I think you could work your a$$ off on your site for 18 hours a day finding the best deals but there is a piece of technology out there that can do it better and faster than you, and by being able to find the cheapest surfboards, microwaves, and kitchenware sets alongside speakers, they will out compete you every time.

So it is just my humble opinion that if one should follow through on such an endeavor, it would be wise to avoid competing on what technology can already do. Instead become an expert, share knowledge, engage, maybe build an email list, all the while selling affiliate products alongside it.

It doesn't take long to gain above average valuable knowledge in any niche, so don't sell yourself short. Besides going into the in-depth functionality of electronics and wiring as related to speakers, I'm willing to bet a solid 25 hours of research into the matter would yield you a great deal of knowledge on them which you could use to create trust and give value. Which speaker is best for which kind of room, differences between companies, do you really get more for your dollar if you spend $100 instead of $60, best type of speakers for a family of 4 with children, best speakers for the hard of hearing or near deaf, maybe even safest speakers?

So remember in TMFF... When you chase the elusive cat, it often gets away. If you focus on what attracts the cat, say milk, it slowly finds its way to you. Surely, someone out there needs help in deciding which speaker to buy, for any of the above reasons, or for any of 100 more. If you can help them, there is no reason they wouldn't go through you.

Probably the best comparison I can give you is one of my own.

I used to sell car and home insurance independently for a cutting edge insurance company agency for about 15 different carriers. I could just throw the cheapest price at people all day long, most of the time beating what they currently pay... but without pitching value, I'd still lose business to Jake over at State Farm. Hell, with some customers I found them policies that were $1,000 / year cheaper than what they were already paying! Even with better coverage! Oh, how many of those potential customers I (and everyone else) lost. When you pitch on price alone, people get sketched out. And that's how I feel about your site. Nothing but price.

Having none of their information previously, I could move somebody from saying "hello" for the first time to a full quote in a little over 3 minutes, to a finalized insurance offer in 10-12 minutes. But it didn't make sense to rush it, I learned, because no matter how fast I was, people on the other end of the line still need to feel the value. Small talk and finer details mattered. So even if I knew I had a price for them that could save them $30/mo, I had to paint a picture and place them firmly in it of why this policy is right for them. And its the same with people visiting your website. When you build a connection and rapport with people, most of the time it doesn't matter what your price is. As long as you are offering more value than what they currently have, they'll buy from ya. I upsold many people more expensive policies when they specifically searched in the for place in order to save money - could be they were undercovered, moving up to a better name, or they just didn't like their current insurance agent and liked me more.

If you just find a way to offer more value alongside price, I think more people will be drawn to your site. The worst case scenario for you is having someone check out a really cool stereo on your site for $400, coming back later to buy it but they forgot your site name but remembered the stereo. Then they go look it up on Amazon and buy it, and meanwhile you made nothing. Maybe they needed to do further research. But if you just presented them what they needed to know when they were on your site, you could've convinced them to buy it right then and there and the commission would've been yours.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Hey @Nmm540, your site can definitely use improvement. Here's my feedback.

The Website

21mvor8.jpg

1. Optimize your site for mobile use. On mobile, the loading time is slow. Also, the site is broken and looks disorganized.

2. The social media favicons should be at the bottom of the page.

3. Remove the header completely and use something more appealing.

The Website (Pt. 2)

24pm90h.png

Here's a mockup I made:

1. Use a logo for your site. You currently lack one. Get creative. Use something similar to the logo above.

2. Optimize your site for mobile use. Nowadays, consumers are on their mobile device more than desktop. It's important you keep them on the site - not run away.

3. Add a USP that's creative and attention grabbing. Help provide value and solve the consumer's need. Mines is not great but you get the idea.

4. Use images to make the user experience fun.

5. Tell the customer in a step-by-step process how to use the site and why they're on the site.

Your Market

1. Get clear on what your website does.

2. Use business emails, not personal ones. This is a business, not a hookup.

3. Who is your market? Do you really want to show best prices or do you want to suggest best headphones and price? Get clear on this because I'm not sure what your site does, sorry.

4. Use social media to promote your business. Blog about your business, too. Become a platform where consumers can go to - to find the ideal headphones.

Note:
  • Overall, redesign the site.
  • Determine if the site is a place to find the best price or the best headphones.
  • Stop chasing money, chase needs.

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Adding value is important, but its adding value to SOLVE a need or problem that makes a successful business. Not just adding value for the sake of adding value.

I was wondering what need or problem a comedian solves. Would be being bored on a friday night be the problem and then a comedian is the answer? What problem or need does camping solve? How about gambling? Maybe I need to re-evaluate my understanding of problems and needs

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Hey @Nmm540, your site can definitely use improvement. Here's my feedback.

The Website

21mvor8.jpg

1. Optimize your site for mobile use. On mobile, the loading time is slow. Also, the site is broken and looks disorganized.

2. The social media favicons should be at the bottom of the page.

3. Remove the header completely and use something more appealing.

The Website (Pt. 2)

24pm90h.png

Here's a mockup I made:

1. Use a logo for your site. You currently lack one. Get creative. Use something similar to the logo above.

2. Optimize your site for mobile use. Nowadays, consumers are on their mobile device more than desktop. It's important you keep them on the site - not run away.

3. Add a USP that's creative and attention grabbing. Help provide value and solve the consumer's need. Mines is not great but you get the idea.

4. Use images to make the user experience fun.

5. Tell the customer in a step-by-step process how to use the site and why they're on the site.

Your Market

1. Get clear on what your website does.

2. Use business emails, not personal ones. This is a business, not a hookup.

3. Who is your market? Do you really want to show best prices or do you want to suggest best headphones and price? Get clear on this because I'm not sure what your site does, sorry.

4. Use social media to promote your business. Blog about your business, too. Become a platform where consumers can go to - to find the ideal headphones.

Note:
  • Overall, redesign the site.
  • Determine if the site is a place to find the best price or the best headphones.
  • Stop chasing money, chase needs.

Thanks for feedback. :fistbump: Did you design with straight html or use a wordpress theme? I know its been said on here before but if you used HTML for your mockup would you recommend that over a wordpress theme? HTML seems to have more freedom of use, not being restricted to a wordpress theme. The con being that it takes a while to learn.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Thanks for feedback. :fistbump: Did you design with straight html or use a wordpress theme? I know its been said on here before but if you used HTML* for your mockup would you recommend that over a wordpress theme? HTML seems to have more freedom of use, not being restricted to a wordpress theme. The con being that it takes a while to learn.
You're welcome! ^^

I designed this mockup using my iPhone, putting pictures together, and using an app called Marvel. Currently, I'm learning HTML so I can make my own custom themes - and sell them. (Although my little bro and girlfriend said my mock ups look like video games haha).

*In my personal opinion, I'd recommend HTML/CSS.

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
I like your thinking. Here is the thing however, I think you are a guppie currently swimming with the sharks. While it won't be impossible for you to grow into a full sized fish or even a shark yourself within your niche, here is what I see blocking your way:

1) Sites already do this, but are more convenient because they do it for every product, just not speakers. Look at Best Speaker Deals, Portable Speakers on Sale

Look at this. This site doesn't even specialize in selling Speakers, its not even one of the main products under the Categories (although interestingly, there is a Category called "Cheaper than Amazon".

This is an example of providing value, not just pitching the cheapest link:

So if you are THE site to go to for finding the best, cheapest speakers you need to take what they did here and provide 10x more value, because they are a generic find-it-cheap-online store meanwhile you are the speaker-deal expert.

2. PriceJump by Savings.com allows you to just enter an Amazon product or URL and it automatically finds if something is cheaper.

3. If using a Chromebook, people can download Wikibuy, which I have actually seen advertised a lot recently in my Facebook ads. Its an extension that pops up when you are viewing an item on Amazon and also shows you if you can find it elsewhere for better.

4. The great unknown apps, changing technology, etc. which will make anyone who competes on price eventually obsolete as things become more uniform. People won't ever need to buy from a third party site for the cheapest when one site/app hosts it all. Unless you can sell the product for cheaper on your site than the affiliate, then apps and technology will phase out this competition soon enough, if not the majority already.

I think you could work your a$$ off on your site for 18 hours a day finding the best deals but there is a piece of technology out there that can do it better and faster than you, and by being able to find the cheapest surfboards, microwaves, and kitchenware sets alongside speakers, they will out compete you every time.

So it is just my humble opinion that if one should follow through on such an endeavor, it would be wise to avoid competing on what technology can already do. Instead become an expert, share knowledge, engage, maybe build an email list, all the while selling affiliate products alongside it.

It doesn't take long to gain above average valuable knowledge in any niche, so don't sell yourself short. Besides going into the in-depth functionality of electronics and wiring as related to speakers, I'm willing to bet a solid 25 hours of research into the matter would yield you a great deal of knowledge on them which you could use to create trust and give value. Which speaker is best for which kind of room, differences between companies, do you really get more for your dollar if you spend $100 instead of $60, best type of speakers for a family of 4 with children, best speakers for the hard of hearing or near deaf, maybe even safest speakers?

So remember in TMFF... When you chase the elusive cat, it often gets away. If you focus on what attracts the cat, say milk, it slowly finds its way to you. Surely, someone out there needs help in deciding which speaker to buy, for any of the above reasons, or for any of 100 more. If you can help them, there is no reason they wouldn't go through you.

Probably the best comparison I can give you is one of my own.

I used to sell car and home insurance independently for a cutting edge insurance company agency for about 15 different carriers. I could just throw the cheapest price at people all day long, most of the time beating what they currently pay... but without pitching value, I'd still lose business to Jake over at State Farm. Hell, with some customers I found them policies that were $1,000 / year cheaper than what they were already paying! Even with better coverage! Oh, how many of those potential customers I (and everyone else) lost. When you pitch on price alone, people get sketched out. And that's how I feel about your site. Nothing but price.

Having none of their information previously, I could move somebody from saying "hello" for the first time to a full quote in a little over 3 minutes, to a finalized insurance offer in 10-12 minutes. But it didn't make sense to rush it, I learned, because no matter how fast I was, people on the other end of the line still need to feel the value. Small talk and finer details mattered. So even if I knew I had a price for them that could save them $30/mo, I had to paint a picture and place them firmly in it of why this policy is right for them. And its the same with people visiting your website. When you build a connection and rapport with people, most of the time it doesn't matter what your price is. As long as you are offering more value than what they currently have, they'll buy from ya. I upsold many people more expensive policies when they specifically searched in the for place in order to save money - could be they were undercovered, moving up to a better name, or they just didn't like their current insurance agent and liked me more.

If you just find a way to offer more value alongside price, I think more people will be drawn to your site. The worst case scenario for you is having someone check out a really cool stereo on your site for $400, coming back later to buy it but they forgot your site name but remembered the stereo. Then they go look it up on Amazon and buy it, and meanwhile you made nothing. Maybe they needed to do further research. But if you just presented them what they needed to know when they were on your site, you could've convinced them to buy it right then and there and the commission would've been yours.

Ya I agree about the guppie swimming with sharks. A price comparision search engines will beat me everytime. I don't see where they get their commission. They have to go into a contract with every other site that sells products it seems which I've found extremely hard to do. Good part on adding value to the interaction and not just pitching the lowest price. It seems to me like the lowest price would be the value being added but it doesnt hurt to have more value to add. What were your thoughts on the retailers? Were there enough? I felt like there weren't enough and I can't seem to find other retailers out there. I would find a speaker to add then use the google shopping comparision engine (LOL) then find retailers that sold that particular speaker and see if they had affiliates.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I was wondering what need or problem a comedian solves. Would be being bored on a friday night be the problem and then a comedian is the answer? What problem or need does camping solve? How about gambling? Maybe I need to re-evaluate my understanding of problems and needs
You're basically right. People want entertainment, not having entertainment is a problem and a comedian is the solution. Depending on how much value they bring as an entertainer will be related to how much they make. A bad comedian won't make much money because they aren't solving a problem, but a great comedian can fill a football stadium.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Bump. How's everything going so far?

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Upon further inspection, I noticed your prices are outdated too. You can develop a crawler that grabs prices for you -- if you're serious about this then you should look into it.

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
if you could find some way to add value to the products such as doing a quick video review of each in regards to their bass, sound capacity, functionality, and price showing that you know what you're talking about you would have my attention. I look at your site and I see brands I've never even heard of (martin something?), so my first step would be off of your website to research reviews for those products and learn more... probably ending up on amazon or another distributor's website. No good for you.

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Bump. How's everything going so far?

I'm checking into the crawler KSR was talking about. Looks like I might need to learn more html to create it.

Upon further inspection, I noticed your prices are outdated too. You can develop a crawler that grabs prices for you -- if you're serious about this then you should look into it.

Yes, thanks for that. Ive never heard of that until now. That was an issue I faced, I noticed that the prices would change sometimes. They would go on sale or prices would change abruptly. Thanks again

if you could find some way to add value to the products such as doing a quick video review of each in regards to their bass, sound capacity, functionality, and price showing that you know what you're talking about you would have my attention. I look at your site and I see brands I've never even heard of (martin something?), so my first step would be off of your website to research reviews for those products and learn more... probably ending up on amazon or another distributor's website. No good for you.

Im looking into adding value to each product by some means. Possibly a review site. What would I do for the actual review? It seems I would have to get my hands on the product somehow. Maybe go into stores and review the product without actually buying the product. Take a Iphone and record a video in the store

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
Would everybody here stay at the site with the six retailers that it has? Or would you want more retailers to feel secure your getting the best price? Or possibly better retailers?

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
Im looking into adding value to each product by some means. Possibly a review site. What would I do for the actual review? It seems I would have to get my hands on the product somehow. Maybe go into stores and review the product without actually buying the product. Take a Iphone and record a video in the store

You could potentially rent them, find them refurbished, buy your own and sell them to others to mitigate the initial investment cost, find someone who owns them already, or ask to go into the stores to review them. Could potentially set up a partnership with the retailers selling them if you are crafty enough. You gotta start pushing some volume though to make a decent profit and then eventually you could become a retailer yourself if you wanted

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.