The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Vision Board

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
To begin my vision, I will start with this photo. Some you you may recognize this from TV and movies (X-men, smallville, and a few others). Actually, it is located in Victoria and it's where I met my wife over 10 years ago. It's also it is where I went to university to get my bachelor of commerce degree and had some of the best times in my life.

For me the photo represents several things. It represents education and the fact that I love to learn and research and will continue to do so no matter what my income, marital status, child status, location etc etc.

It represents in my mind the ultimate house. It sits on who knows how many acres and is probably one of the more gorgeous places I have ever been.

It represents hope in all aspects of my life.

(and no it doesn't have underground passages with a really cool jet plane)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
This second photo doesn't really show anyone what I really want it to show. It's a picture of me at about 28 years old (so about 7 years ago) in Toronto. What is most special about this photo is that at the time I was probably in the best shape in my life. I was going to the gym twice a day (lunch and after work) and I was down to about 170-175lbs. I had a goal and a plan at the time and I achieved it.

Since that time I have put on 50-60lbs and am in the worst shape in my life. Happy emotionally but in terrible shape. I'm concerned that if I don't smarten up and make better choices, that I'm going to have some serious issues within the next 10 years.

Gym and diet start on Monday, January 14, 1008. I'll keep you posted on another thread on my progress.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
This is a photo I took a very long time ago at the cabins we used to stay at when I was a kid. Some of my best childhood memories are from this place. I will provide the same thing for my children. Not at the same place, but the photo represents a cottaging (not the UK slang word - which has a totally different meaning!), or camping or just drving from campground to campground all across Canada, and maybe even in the States. It's what we would do for most of my domestic vacations, and we will have many of them (not the two week ones we were limited to when dad was working).

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
This is a photo of one of my favourite places in the world. Cherry Tree Hill in Barbados. My family is from there and I only get to visit about once every three years for a couple of weeks at a time. My goal here is to either own some property or just visit for extended periods of time - 4-6 weeks out of every year.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
This is a little photo of my current family. Will update the photo when we have our next child (about 5 weeks from now). Couldn't make a vision board without them included. Doesn't matter what we are doing, so long as we are together. (This photo was taken when Malcolm was 3 months old, he's now 18 months).

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
This is a photo of my personal library that I will have on the way to achieving my goals. It will mostly be filled with fiction, science fiction and fantasy, and mostly hard covers. My wife will have a significant amount of books in the library as well. It will be where we spend most of our time as a family.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
These two photos are of our hobbies. Compters and model trains (the model train is Rod Stewarts and is the largest HO scale model train in the world). Ours will be comparible. The computer also represents research and learning.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
This final picture is of me reaching my goal. The photo was taken after climbing an active volcano in Guatemala a few years ago. I could hardly believe that I had done it since I wasn't in the greatest shape. But I did and that's me at the top, and you can see the clouds below.

Poudda

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 7, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
My next move is to buy some photo paper and print these off to put on the board, and create a vision statement. I'll post here when I've written it as I'll have to think it through and make it tie in to what I really want out of life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.