The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Video Tutorial & Questions About PPC

Marketing, social media, advertising

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Hey all, so if any of you are wondering, I am still working on my app, that will be my main focus for the time being. But, as I am always thinking of new ideas, I had an idea pop into my head as something that I could do either while the app is in development or if I would need some more funding to get it developed properly.

Here is the back-story: Last week sometime, my dad bought a WordPress video tutorial download online for $20, it comes with a re-seller account so you can set up a squeeze and sell it for yourself, not bad, sell 1 and you break even right, no, the a-holes over in _______ did not include some of the installation videos or something that he is having an issue with. It did download the complete set of videos on how to use WordPress though which are well done. I have one REAL issue with the videos besides them not being able to be put on a webpage, they are centered around using WordPress for its default layout as a blog, it doesn't show how you can make almost any site you could possibly want on there.

Ah ha, it hit me: I could make my own videos basically using their videos as scripts and then add some more content to show the user how to unlock WordPress for its many other uses. I know there are LOTS of similar products on the market but my little slice of passive income pie would be quite tasty ;), especially considering I have most of the content I would need laid out for me. There are a couple of things I am not including for my own paranoia like the incredibly awesome domain name I acquired (that I could probably re-sell for a hefty sum if I found a buyer) and some other USP's of the product but that is the basic idea, what do you guys think!?

Part 2: This product would consist of a squeeze page with a sales video, a downloadable video, and an affiliate code if at all possible for every purchase (just brainstorming).

1) I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with (relatively low budget) PPC either in Facebook or elsewhere. I have heard to stay away from Facebook PPC but I am not sure how accurate that is.

2) Is there any way to stop Person A from buying the tutorial and just sharing it with his buddy Person B. In other words, how can I make it so that if Person A found the tutorial, he would have to have person B buy it instead of just Person A copying it onto a flash drive or Cd or something. (The only solution to this I have though of so far is by including an affiliate program to anyone who buys the product (for lets say 60%-70%) so they can make their initial purchase back by selling it to Person B (like an MLM for the internet????).

Open to all constructive criticism, advice, and thoughts,
Thanks Everyone,
-Mike

Edit: If I could get a viable plan for both PPC and Affiliate Links, I could realistically develop this product (webpage, videos, squeeze page, sales vid, etc.) in less than a week and get it out into the market place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Bump, posted this at like 3 am when nobody was online

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.