The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Unusual Marketing Agency.

Marketing, social media, advertising

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
If the purchase is indeed an online one, then how do you market for personal injury? Or are we tracking forms fill outs or something like that? Have access to call tracking data?

So many questions...
Good question, I just asked support. I know i'm feeding it whatever existing data is in the clients CRM and they have data from the other resellers in similar verticals as a baseline at least.

It wouldn't make sense that they're actually tracking everyone they have data resolution on 24/7 , I think you have to "zoom in" on someone before accessing it (so no way its tracking every bank account transfer to and from every lawyer in the country or something like that)
Do you have a better answer than I read a PDF in training class?

Well not really? as I don't live in california so I had no intentions on even bothering myself with it. So I never even opend the file but heres some choice pieces (the compliance section from wiki is the same)...

Do you do business or have customers (or potential customers) in California? If you answered yes to this question, and you meet one of the following criteria, your company must conform to CCPA regulations:

• Your annual gross revenue is more than $25 million.
  • Your organization receives, shares, or sells personal information of more than 50,000 individuals.
  • Your company earns 50% or more of its annual revenue from selling personal information of consumers.
*so no to the first and technically no to the second (as i'm a reseller, so until I hit that threshold personally I should be good) , affirmative on point 3

So then compliance seems to just mean making it real clear and easy for people to opt out.

But then they still seem to be muddling through the difference between "publicy available information" and "private information" and of course where data that was provided by a consumer and data that was purchased by or acquired by a third party fits into things.

Key on that last part is the, essence I want to say? of the law would definitely seem to be saying that someone should have "data rights" so even if it was pre-existing third party collected data some remedy for expungement should exist. Still seems obscure on finer points though (pending clarifications)

I think wired did a great take on it

So now that i'm halfway informed my initial reaction of "don't do business in California' seems spot on. I maintain that I don't think this country has the public drive or political inclination to nationally enforce anything like this and states will wait to see if its a drag on california resources not worth the tradeoff before acting.

While all thats being bandied about and debated, I'll be over here making my FU money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
So many questions...

Think I just needed to sleep on that (lots of moving parts so to speak , I had to make my own presentation slides for all this)

Ok so , I can sell 2 things. The targeted marketing campaigns based on the data or the site pixel by itself (anyone doing a campaign gets a pixel for the companies main website)

A pixels not a new concept. Except my pixel deterministically resolves the identity of a site visitor more than half the time , no more anonymous bounces or half filled contact forms. We know its trevor and we have all his contact info , you can text him now or email him or snail mail home or send him banner ads or twitter ads...

Because the transactions online right? And the path to purchase involved lots of online activity.

Ok so how do we build out the behavioral profile? I sign a client and as stated above they can and should feed me info from the crm. But they also get the pixel and load it on the site , so now they just have to tell me "yeh vicky purchased , and stand and Lisa and that guy henry..." And now I just feed that back into the algorithm and it goes back through URL level web activity on all those recent purchases and finds the correlates to buildout the profile of "the path to purchase for abc in the xyz area"

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Ok,

So full website rebuild this week, switching domains as well so sites down right now.

Hired a lawyer to turn my boilerplate service contract into something legititimate, expecting that by weeks end.

Spent today futzing with copywriting and getting the e-mail campaign live, which was...much more involved than I'd thought.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Just a technical curiosity - does advertiser need to set the tracking pixel first in order to show ads later or can he just point what vertical he wants to advertise to?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Cost to run a campaign?
Let's start over. Your last answer had my head spinning and didn't include stuff so I didn't get actually an answer. I'll rephrase

What is the minimum cost for someone to test this out?

Also, I'm wondering if you have experience selling a product like this.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What is the minimum cost for someone to test this out?

Also, I'm wondering if you have experience selling a product like this.

No experience running something like this.

So the cost on my end is about 600 dollars per campaign + ad spend + whatever it costs for copy-writing and actually building and deploying the ads etc , that would be one 70 mile radius, an entire state about 1300 dollars plus the ad costs.

thats for b2c campaigns, the company has since rebranded and moved the focus completely to b2b applications.

I'm outsourcing the actual creation and deployment of the ads.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Update : 03/18

This is...quite a time to be a registered nurse...

Site was rebuilt, expanded linkedin outreach to include mortgage brokers and real estate brokers.

Met with a friend who is the CCO of a construction company last week, he cant help but introduced me to a commercial broker , no word back from the broker.

Reached out to a mortgage broker I know, he said he would touch base with his marketing department, waiting on that one.

Wild Week

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Interesting, lets see how it will pan out.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
So, had originally planned a nice daily play by play - then the plague hit and look who's swimming naked?

Anyway - proper update at some point but I just had a realization I thought was worth sharing.

only-factor.png

So we have this concept the "only factor" , which is huge for maximizing your value proposition, makes buying a "no duh"

BUT , lets refer back to cents in this context shall we?

What we find is, its of course better to have an "only factor" then have a "me too" offering with a low barrier of entry scenario, however - if what you sell isn't an actual "need" this by itself isn't going to move mountains.

If the customer already has a belt and you sell "The belt PLUS™" , well thats great , go ahead and throw it on the marketing copy and keep it in the pitch deck but unless your product or service is cheap enough that people can buy it impulsively while waiting in the checkout aisle...well yeh, just keep it in perspective.

I guess nothing about that is like "revelation' material but its interesting to actually have the lived experience of watching marketing strategy play out.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.