The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My story so far

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Hey Andrew the Personal Constitution post is gonna help me and the mrs. set our goals for the year, something we're gonna work on after we're done eating(~30 mins, I'm actually typing while I'm eating lunch :p).

You should post a link to it on the Goal Setting post to help us all categorize and set more specific goals!

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Hey Andrew the Personal Constitution post is gonna help me and the mrs. set our goals for the year, something we're gonna work on after we're done eating(~30 mins, I'm actually typing while I'm eating lunch :p).

You should post a link to it on the Goal Setting post to help us all categorize and set more specific goals!

Awesome!!! It should really help you two. :)

I'd add it to the goal setting section but I don't want to spam the forums with my own stuff :p

-Andrew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

servicefly

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Sep 20, 2008
California (Southern)
Wow, I have been away from the Fastlane forum for too long (almost 3 weeks)! I finally was able to read your interview on Entrepreneur.com and liked it a lot. You know, I have been described as too young for all of the things I've been through (probably much like the other Entrepreneurs here). I have been a runaway, in more than one combat situation (8 years military), a DotCom success and failure (in one & half years), a corporate drone (3 months only), a second success after 5 years of building my company then lost it, a seminar presenter for Web Marketing, a business consultant for many years (still on the side as it integrates into my current startup), a father, just finished divorce (not actually married to her, but negotiations and custody mirrored a divorce), and other things I can't remember now!

Why did I just list all of my junk? Because I think you are started on a path to surpass my experiences by age 35! I have only just started practicing a philosophy of helping others in the last 3 years (some of my friends disagree, but I specifically mean in large numbers). You have already figured this out, I can pay no better a compliment to you. Thanks for the story. Oh, and Happy New Years to all in this thread.

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Hey - thanks so much for the compliments and for sharing your story! You've a pretty exciting life :)

Helping others is really the way to go about life. Go-giving is my new mission.

-Andrew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Udt123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Feb 24, 2009
boston ma
Hey Andrew,

I am new so I am not sure if you want to take my advice but I always thought that giving it would be better than keeping my mouth shut and not saying anything at all. I dealt a little bit wit SEO and PPC maximization and I learned that "above the fold ( which is what you have for advertisement)" is not always the best. You wan't people to not think of them as "ads" but as part of the content. It would be better to blend it in with your article or put them near your other links and to make all the links the same color, same size, etc with the ads. I am not sure if the blogging tool allows you to do this but good luck with all your endeavors!

AndrewG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Nov 3, 2007
Hey Andrew,

I am new so I am not sure if you want to take my advice but I always thought that giving it would be better than keeping my mouth shut and not saying anything at all. I dealt a little bit wit SEO and PPC maximization and I learned that "above the fold ( which is what you have for advertisement)" is not always the best. You wan't people to not think of them as "ads" but as part of the content. It would be better to blend it in with your article or put them near your other links and to make all the links the same color, same size, etc with the ads. I am not sure if the blogging tool allows you to do this but good luck with all your endeavors!

Thanks for the advice!!

I'm not really worried about earning a lot of ad dollars right now. I'm focused on writing great articles and creating a strong platform.

-Andrew

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.