The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to investing, including crypto

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This is a far deeper topic and worthy of exploring. I think about this all the time. There are countless examples in my own life where I didn’t see something that if I did, it would have been a 10x improvement.

It’s easier to notice these things about other people, and harder to see it in ourselves. Yet it’s 100% there for all of us, just in different ways.

Anyone successful in RE seeing this thread is shaking her/his head. At the same time, how many times has it happened to you? Either the way you handled a deal, or a negotiation, or missed something that was visible in plain sight? Or invested your wealth poorly?

Example: most people lose wealth not by overspending. Typically they lose wealth by poor investment decisions that lead to catastrophic losses. Yet few people recognize this.

What is the solution?

IMO, there are only two ways:
1) Looking outside to learn
2) Looking inside to discover

Looking outside means reading books, meeting people and learning from them. Looking inside is working on your own awareness, using tools like meditation or prayer. Combining the two is most powerful. Meditation centers me to accept the world as it is, not as I wish it was. Reading books, great posts here and talking to smart people enables new thoughts, new perspectives. It changes you.

And isn’t that the “secret” to success? To achieve great things, we must be willing to change ourselves, to become capable of achieving those things. Change is always uncomfortable. This friction, this discomfort is how the best of the best became who they are, they kept at it, through discomforth long after their competition gave up.
I agree with you. The "secret" to success is the ability to change directions as you read the changes in the market. And yes, it is an uncomfortable and lonely road.

Here's my example. Before Covid, I had a major conflict with the local Landlord's Association. (That group has since dissolved due to the Covid crisis). But, here was my conflict. I knew that the market was changing. We were due for the "down" part of the business cycle. So I was preparing for that moment. I didn't know when it would hit. I just knew it was coming. The RE market was overheated and at a feverish pitch. OPM (other people's money) was flooding the lending market. I was worried about both the business and the credit cycles converging at the same moment.

So, being a contrarian, I was diligently working on debt reduction to get ready for the coming shift in the market. The head of this group thought I was crazy. He actually sat me down to explain leverage to me -- like I didn't understand. He was doing a BRRRR program (buy, renovate, rent, refinance, repeat) with apartment buildings. He was totally contemptuous of my investment choice with my mobile home park. He explained that he had over 8 years in the RE business. I countered that I had 40+ years. I tried to explain that when there was a downturn in the market, he could have "calls" on his 80% commercial apartment building loans for his lenders. He might have to pay down some of those loans if the building's market values fell. I tried to explain the 1990s to him when I did the appraisals for several of the bank's internal audits. It totally fell on deaf ears.

He thought I was renting spaces in my park. I explained that I own the mobile homes that I rent out for low-income housing. Then he asked the golden question. How many doors did I have? My answer floored him. I had more working rentals than he had. Yes, they don't have the market value that he was building up. BUT, they also didn't have 80% financing to burden them.

I have seen many 8 to 10-year wonder boys over the years. They are both in RE and the stock market. They get a system that really works for them. In that part of the business cycle, they can do no wrong. Their demise comes when the market changes. They have no experience in how to pivot. So, they double down on their system waiting for it to work like it had in the past. Instead, it all falls apart. That's many times the bad investments you talked about in your post. They get wiped out along with their investors. Then, after they make their shameful exit, the next Golden-Haired kid shows up to start the whole process again with his perfect system. The new kid on the block has no experience or knowledge of the one who came before him. And the whole thing repeats again.

It's like watching a slow-moving, but predictable, train wreck. When I was young and didn't understand the market cycles, I got caught up in some of these moments. There have been some black swan events. Covid was not really one of those in my mind. Our government's reaction to it was the true black swan event The market was already poised and executing a turn. Covid, and the governmental reaction, accelerated those changes from happening over a number of years, compressing them into months. Yes, it was unexpected in its fury and speed of change. The important point is that it required thoughtful and meaningful change.

amcg88

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 6, 2021
Hello, I'm Alex, and I've decided to document my self-storage facility investing journey. I have years of experience from the land investing space and am now looking to transition into purchasing self-storage facilities. Through this progress thread, I'll be sharing my experiences, challenges, and successes as I navigate the market, scout potential locations, and work toward purchasing my first self-storage facility. My hope is that this thread will not only keep me accountable but also serve as a valuable resource for others looking to embark on a similar journey. Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I also tried to give him some alternative ideas in May and June. They are earlier in this thread. But, he is sticking to his program. There are a hundred ways to skin this cat.
Your advice across the thread was gold.

As a RE developer, I don’t call land owners. Brokers do that. I’m so puzzled by this thread … it’s like a blind person who’s only blind because has has a blindfold on and refuses to take it off… yet still bumping into walls all the time.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
1. I wasn't able to make land flipping work in a really scalable way with different strategies over several years. I like that storage is conceptually simple, deals with larger amounts of money, and is still within the real estate industry with which I have a little familiarity.
2. I believe they do, I will look into that.
3. I am sure there are different companies that provide management services, design and build units, etc. I could contact them but I am primarily looking to buy and run a facility, so I guess it would be queuing them up if I need their services way down the line. As far as starting such a company, I don't have enough knowledge yet to see the service opportunities.
4. I could do that, but I have no experience so I didn't want to take on something riskier at this point in time.
5. I could do that also, but I don't have enough money lol
6. Yes, I am planning to reach out to more to get access to their deal flow. I have looked at some broker deals and they are all poop so far.
I was just trying to get you to look outside the box. There are a lot of ways to skin this cat. In order to be successful, you must immerse yourself in that segment of the business. I would for sure make friends with all the brokers. I'd want to be the first person they call when they get a deal. Some properties sell without being officially listed. And hot deals never make it to the MLS.

Another place to look is a local 1031 trading group. Those guys trade properties for the fun of it sometimes. And they come up with some pretty wild deals on a whole range of properties. You might end up being the third leg in a deal where you don't have something in the actual trade. I love to listen to them as they talk through their deals.

I think the biggest change I've seen concerning storage units is that the auctions for abandoned units are now done online rather than in person like on the TV shows. It's amazing what people leave behind! You know, you can bid too or set up a deal with the renter. I've traded rent for some really cool stuff, services, or labor.

We have a guy up the road from us who deals in used equipment and used stuff. He goes to all of the auctions around town. And another guy, who had the second-hand store for years, got a lot of his items from estate sales and abandoned items. In order to be successful in the storage business, you may need to learn a lot about the market for second-hand goods. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Or, here's another idea since you're an old land guy. My business partner, when I was young and wet behind the ears, had this idea that marries land and storage. He wanted to put a complex of Conexs on commercial corners to rent as storage. It was a way to hold the land and get an income from it during the holding period. Then when the land value went up and he sold, he could move his Conex complex to the next commercial corner to do it again. It was a plan for portable storage units.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Just curious, how much time a day are you devoting to these activities?
That is a good question. He's been on his program for a while, and he's spent a lot of energy, time, and money on it. Early into his quest, I made some suggestions in this thread for other ways to locate and approach sellers. I usually use a multi-pronged campaign when I'm bird-dogging. I was concerned that he is soliciting a "no" answer. But, he has continued to put all his energy into this one program. So, I concluded he wasn't interested in trying some other approaches. I just hope he is successful. There are a lot of ways to skin this cat.

In his defense, he only has to get one yes to make it work. From his thread, I assume he is looking to make one buy rather a series of purchases. And he has been totally diligent about it.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I read your thread. I'm a RE investor. I have some questions for you.

1. Why are making the move from land to storage units? What attracted you to that type of investment?

2. Do the storage unit owners have an association in that area? If they do, it might be a jumping-off platform to make contacts.

3. Do you have anyone in the area that performs services that are specific to storage units? Can you make nice with the people who perform those services? Can you also start a business that performs a service for them to get your foot in the door?

4. Can you build your own set of units or convert a building into storage units? (Our Lowe's store closed here. The Uhaul company bought it and converted it to climate-controlled self-storage units. They got a bunch of ready-made parking areas and warehouse space in the purchase.)

5. Can you start a hard money company that finances storage unit facilities? That would be another way to get your nose under the tent.

6. Is there a broker in your area that specializes in this type of investment property? Most brokers specialize, and you need to get to know who are movers and shakers in that segment of the market.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Just an out-of-the-box suggestion from someone with zero experience.

Near where I live (London, UK), there are some flats being pulled down. Someone has managed to secure the old carparks underneath them and is using them as storage units.

Of course they will be demolished eventually, however I'm sure the owner is making some decent bank which he'll be able to invest once it's all gone.

Perhaps you could find something similar?

Two Dog

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Feb 15, 2022
One owner received my letter and called me because he had some interest in selling. His facility was too small to be of interest though. Positive sign still.
That's not a good way to think about RE opportunities. Be creative.

You've contacted 75+ owners and finally found one with some interest. At least run through a seller interview and financial analysis. You'll almost certainly get some useful information about why he/she might sell, leverage points for future offers and a bit of market pricing. That will all help you craft a better offer to other owners.

OFFER #1: Hey, I'm interested in buying your property. Please call me back.
OFFER #2: Our market analysis indicates your storage facility might be worth as much as $1.4M based on ________. If you're interested in a cash offer, please call me back to discuss in more detail.

Of course you're not actually offering any specific amount since you don't know enough about the property. The point is to initiate a dialog that helps you find additional leverage points for closing a deal. And then you stay in touch. And stay in touch. And stay in touch some more. Hopefully using some type of personalized FU system which could simply mean hiring someone to stay in touch or DIY if you're able to stay on top of things. It's a fantasy to make one cold call, find a killer deal and close on it. The reality is owner situations change constantly and consistent follow up keeps your name foremost when there's a potential buying opportunity.

As far as the one deal, look at ways of increasing cashflow and otherwise adding value for possibly flipping it.
  • Maybe you can expand the facility.
  • Maybe you can increase rents with facility upgrades.
  • Maybe you increase revenue e.g. renters insurance, 24/7 video monitoring, climate control, special locks, automatic billing, moving services, packing materials, inexpensive retail space, vending machines.
  • Maybe you can reduce the vacancy rate.
  • Maybe you can flip the property (since it sounds like LOTS of investors might be interested).
  • Maybe you can buy ABOVE market value w/seller financing coupled w/shared appreciation premium.
  • Maybe you can open a nearby facility, move existing renters and CLOSE the first facility.
I'm assuming you know that tying up the property to work a deal requires very little cash, right? Good luck!

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
Questions: Why would you have "lots of competition" at the same time as high interest rates? Usually, the higher lending costs quell the other investor's interest in RE. Lower rates usually bring the hoards out of the woodwork. Or have the higher lending costs cooled off your personal investors? You've talked about taking deals to your investors, so I assume that you still need their participation. What is your goal here? Why are you doing this? What made you hone in on this segment of the commercial market? Which direction are you going to pivot next? How can you take advantage of your work so far? What is the spinoff?
You are a very patient woman, I don't quite understand why OP doesn't take your good advice.

insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

What is the point of an accountabilty thread if you don't take anything from experienced people anyway.

Amcg88 aybe it would be an idea to link your determination to the good advice you have already received here.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I thought maybe he was a wholesaler. So, I asked a long time ago if that was true. No answer. He's sure not a broker, but that would be a good gig for him after putting in all of this work and research. He would have a built-in practice with a readymade lead farm. I just cannot figure out the why to all of this...
This is the only progress thread with no engagement from the OP.

Typically people post these threads for one of two reasons:
1. To get feedback, improve by hearing experienced voices
2. To give back, to show from an expert perspective for others to follow

This thread is easily in the top 10 of least useful for anyone to read or participate. It’s a complete mystery to me, like you, as to the WHY this thread exists.

amcg88

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 6, 2021
I have been trying to find all the self storage facilities by county for eastern PA. I have been going county by county. In each county I gather a sample of the self storage facilities to determine the relevant zoning codes. From there I pull all the facilities in the county with those zoning codes. I then google each address to determine if there is a self storage facility there (and not a warehouse, combo office, vacant lot, or something else). This became a huge pain in the a$$ this week due to the large volume of addresses to manually look through. So I wrote a python script to create a google maps image for each address. Now I can quickly scroll through the image files to find the self storage facilities and then mark them if they are of interest to me.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Interesting thanks.
You might also look at the management aspects of it too. Most of the self-storage have an on-site manager who lives in an apartment. Some have ditched that and have electronic monitors and access. Security and access are the two big problems. And then there's collecting your rents. I would use an auto-draw account for that or credit cards also on an auto-draw system. Collecting all those rents would be a pain. I worried about the idea that I would end up all that "other people's junk". Most of the auctions for abandoned units are now done one line rather than in person. You've still got the problem of the buyer removing the items and the trash.

If I was gonna do RV/boats, I build the highest fence I could and get a junkyard dog to patrol the property.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I finished follow-up calling my second mailer list today (8 calls. I didn't speak with any humans). I need to double back and look for a different site than Spokeo to pull contact information for the folks I couldn't track down.

I also pulled more western PA facility data and sent information request emails to the two folks from yesterday.
Can you talk to them face to face? I would NEVER send my information via email. I would want to "eyeball" the person getting that info. Also, your best bet for getting a deal is a personal relationship. Deals are made over a cup of coffee following a personal tour of the subject property. The contract details and legal language can wait, but the basic understanding is between two humans. Or, that is my experience.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I live several hours drive away. I'll do that when I have a more serious prospect.
Your answer is why, as an investor, I would never email you the info on my properties.

Who needs who here? From an owner's point of view, I would see your inquiry this way: You are saying that going to see the Subject Property and owner is not worth the trip and your time. You want the owner to disclose personal, private information to you, a total stranger, so you can decide IF you are going to take the property and its owner seriously?

Also, I assume that you are prospecting outside of your usual investment market. How do you know what terms and how much to offer? Are there any hidden factors? Is it located in a separate RE market or a sub-market? How are you going to manage and maintain the property long distance? These are the types of questions I asked as a broker, a commercial RE appraiser, a RE expert witness, and an investor...

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey, it's been 2 months already, maybe you should just build ones yourself?
I also tried to give him some alternative ideas in May and June. They are earlier in this thread. But, he is sticking to his program. There are a hundred ways to skin this cat.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Getting back into the swing of things after getting home late last night. I pulled additional NH facility information and called a couple owners back. I spoke with one owner, the deal may be too big for me.
You may want to start at the beginning of your list and hit those people again. Some will have forgotten you contacted them or it can be a follow-up contact. I know you are looking for your "Goldilocks" deal.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
  • I have been grinding away, pulling facility information. I am almost to my target of 5000 letters mailed. I will reach it in a few weeks. After that point, if I am unable to procure a deal, then I will likely put this project on pause for now. A couple negative factors right now, 1) lots of competition and 2) high interest rates.
  • I had four owners respond to my direct mail campaign this week. I requested additional information from them.
  • Finished the PA mailer follow up calls, onto the next states I mailed.
Questions: Why would you have "lots of competition" at the same time as high interest rates? Usually, the higher lending costs quell the other investor's interest in RE. Lower rates usually bring the hoards out of the woodwork. Or have the higher lending costs cooled off your personal investors? You've talked about taking deals to your investors, so I assume that you still need their participation. What is your goal here? Why are you doing this? What made you hone in on this segment of the commercial market? Which direction are you going to pivot next? How can you take advantage of your work so far? What is the spinoff?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You are a very patient woman, I don't quite understand why OP doesn't take your good advice.

insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results

What is the point of an accountabilty thread if you don't take anything from experienced people anyway.

Amcg88 aybe it would be an idea to link your determination to the good advice you have already received here.
I thought maybe he was a wholesaler. So, I asked a long time ago if that was true. No answer. He's sure not a broker, but that would be a good gig for him after putting in all of this work and research. He would have a built-in practice with a readymade lead farm. I just cannot figure out the why to all of this...

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I've been thinking about your reply - and it's an interesting situation that seems very common. Don't most of the people around us get up every morning -- put on their pants one leg at a time and follow the same routine without asking any deep questions for years? Did they deliberately choose their path or was it simply the one of least resistance? Were there better options then or now? And unless something drastic happens along the way to force the query, some never think to question that journey. By acknowledging that the question even exists, they would be endangering the unpinning of their entire life. The consequences of even asking are too daunting. The answer might be a total annihilation. Lion, tigers, and bears. Oh my.

This is a far deeper topic and worthy of exploring. I think about this all the time. There are countless examples in my own life where I didn’t see something that if I did, it would have been a 10x improvement.

It’s easier to notice these things about other people, and harder to see it in ourselves. Yet it’s 100% there for all of us, just in different ways.

Anyone successful in RE seeing this thread is shaking her/his head. At the same time, how many times has it happened to you? Either the way you handled a deal, or a negotiation, or missed something that was visible in plain sight? Or invested your wealth poorly?

Example: most people lose wealth not by overspending. Typically they lose wealth by poor investment decisions that lead to catastrophic losses. Yet few people recognize this.

What is the solution?

IMO, there are only two ways:
1) Looking outside to learn
2) Looking inside to discover

Looking outside means reading books, meeting people and learning from them. Looking inside is working on your own awareness, using tools like meditation or prayer. Combining the two is most powerful. Meditation centers me to accept the world as it is, not as I wish it was. Reading books, great posts here and talking to smart people enables new thoughts, new perspectives. It changes you.

And isn’t that the “secret” to success? To achieve great things, we must be willing to change ourselves, to become capable of achieving those things. Change is always uncomfortable. This friction, this discomfort is how the best of the best became who they are, they kept at it, through discomfort long after their competition gave up.

amcg88

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 6, 2021
I follow up called 7 facilities from the mailer sent ~2 weeks ago. I talked to two owners. One owner hung up on me after I gave my intro spiel after repeating "do not call list, do not call list" and another owner was not interested. I did a mix of voicemails and emails to the others.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
When I was working as RE broker, I knew it took 5 to 8 contacts before my prospects knew my name and why I was contacting them. I could call them, write them, see them, send them a personal thank you note, and do it all again before they remembered me. The person you talked to could get a personal, handwritten thank you note for simply talking to you.

When they say no, then ask if they of anyone else with storage units who want to sell. Then give them a card "in case they think of anyone." It will take the pressure off of them selling.

Have you started collecting contracts and paperwork that the storage people are using at their facilities? Have you made a checklist of the paperwork you will need? You could make one and copyright it. (Send a copy to yourself certified in a sealed envelope and put it into your file to show your work and the date of that work.) then you could give it out to people. Of course, you would put your name and phone number on it. You can even give them permission to copy it for their personal use. It would be an inexpensive hand-out.

I always try to have something around to give out. At my self-service Laundromat, I have small, cheap lollipops. I hand them out liberally to customers while saying, "Here's your prize for showing up today." Everyone smiles and laughs at my little gift and silly joke.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I didn't do anything Tuesday - Thursday due to all day work events.

I called 10 owners today. I spoke with one who said they were expanding their own operations. I left voicemails/sent emails for the rest.
Invite the guy who is expanding his business to lunch. Ask why, where, and how. Get him talking about his plans. Learn everything you can from the guy who is doing it.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Thanks. I'm also very interested in getting into storage. Whether that's RV/boat storage or just regular storage I don't know yet. It does seem like a very expensive industry to get into though.
I looked at adding storage units to my property but decided not to do that. The return on the $4$ (ROI) is over many years. I get a better return on my mobile home rentals that I rehab.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I appreciate the consistency in posting. Now following with interest.

amcg88

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Apr 6, 2021
Thank you all for the interest and suggestions. I am largely following the storage course and course community methods with my own twist. I spend maybe 1-2 hours every day on this. I am balancing this with my day job.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
  • I met a number of different people at the conference last week. I spoke with all the lenders and brokers at the trade show.
  • I re-prioritized the state list to those with smaller, presumably less competitive markets
  • I have continued with pulling state data for direct mail campaigns and have kept on going with the follow up calls
  • I had two owners call in response to a direct mail campaign today. One wanted a way too high price, I left a voicemail with the other.
  • I have continued to do data analysis and created financial projections for the one deal that is still semi-alive for lenders.
Have you bought anything yet?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
5000 letters mailed. I will reach it in a few weeks. After that point, if I am unable to procure a deal, then I will likely put this project on pause for now. A couple negative factors right now, 1) lots of competition and 2) high interest

I promise you one thing: it’s not the market conditions that prevent you from finding deals.

It’s your actions.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
This is the only progress thread with no engagement from the OP.

Typically people post these threads for one of two reasons:
1. To get feedback, improve by hearing experienced voices
2. To give back, to show from an expert perspective for others to follow

This thread is easily in the top 10 of least useful for anyone to read or participate. It’s a complete mystery to me, like you, as to the WHY this thread exists.
I've been thinking about your reply - and it's an interesting situation that seems very common. Don't most of the people around us get up every morning -- put on their pants one leg at a time and follow the same routine without asking any deep questions for years? Did they deliberately choose their path or was it simply the one of least resistance? Were there better options then or now? And unless something drastic happens along the way to force the query, some never think to question that journey. By acknowledging that the question even exists, they would be endangering the unpinning of their entire life. The consequences of even asking are too daunting. The answer might be a total annihilation. Lion, tigers, and bears. Oh my.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.