The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
My last plan didn't work out as I had hoped, but I did learn some things that are helping me with new plan. Most important was patience. So, this is what I am currently working on. Some elements of it are fastlane, some are slowlane, but the goal is put me into a position where I want to be.

1. I've ramped up my job search for a remote position. I realize this is "slowlane", but one my reflections on last year is that having the ability to work at home would increase my flexibility in the ability to serve my family.
  2. I've started writing articles and establishing myself on SimpleProgrammer.com. John (the founder) is the individual who introduced me to the TMF and this community. I feel the desire to serve him and his audience back. I've got articles there already, and I've got another in the edit process, and drafts and ideas for a few more.
  3. I'm also working with the founder of the dojo my family attends on creating a video subscription service for kata. Similar to Insider program developed by Jesse Enkamp.
  4. I'm working on meditating 2 times a day, ad getting serious with my martial arts training.
  5. I'm investigating Upwork, as I am hoping to get out as a freelancer to help build my reputation.
Ultimately, I'd like to be in a position where my freelance work can pay the bills. That's not the same as a true fastlane, but I would like to be in a position where I can choose the projects I work on and when I work on them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
You have to be comfortable, you don't have to work outside your comfort zones all the time. You're in transition right now, you have bills to pay. You will get to where you want to be. Once there you'll have new goals.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
Updates to this thread will be few and far between, mainly because I am busy. However, I did have an interview with a company that's 6 minutes from my house. It's not remote, but it is a lot closer than where I currently work. I felt the sting of having to interview however.

I have another post to Simple Programmer work its way through the edit process, so it will be published soon.

My sensei review the app, said he liked it, and mentioned he was going to have some graphics designed to appear on the home screen for the app.

Things are moving, but slowly. This is an excellent chance for me to learn patience, as I have come to realize my lack of patience is a fatal flaw.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
If anyone's interested in reading my writing, it's available here: http://simpleprogrammer.com/author/robertwhitcomb/

I know writing on someone else's platform is less desirable than writing on your own, but I'm attempting to leverage the existing community. I'll probably start cross posting to my own site as well as medium. Basically, try to be every where at once.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I had an interview with a smaller company that offered me a 5% raise. When I informed my current company, they countered with a 10% raise and an option to change my healthcare plan to a cheaper one. I decided to stay. In the short term, this was the bad decision. Long term, however, the higher my salary, the more I'm able to use it to focus on creating value for people.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
After so much action faking, I sat down this weekend and decided that as a first step, I'm going to start a freelance software design and development firm. Within an hour of that decision, I got most of the setup work done (name, slogan, minimal website). A quick trip to the county clerk's office to fill out a DBA, and then I am focusing on getting that first client.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.