The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My PD Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Now let me start off by saying, this is my first (of hopefully many) REAL thread, and I've got a few ideas in the pipeline - but perhaps I feel I have a few things I need to complete first before I pursue these new adventures. Which leads me to now, why I'm writing this thread and how i'm going to go about finishing my goals this year - short term and long term.

I'm a huge fan of personal improvement, strive for better!

WHY AM I WRITING THIS THREAD?

We see a lot of business related progress threads going around, but never personal ones (that I've seen anyway), I believe that if you are to become successful and change your current life - you have to keep bettering yourself personally to better yourself financially.

WHAT THIS PROGRESS FEATURES

Now you may not care about my goals and progress - and that's completely fine; but I'm focusing on more of a self improvement vibe here - no 'fitness guru' type bs here - just real talk with minimal amounts of cheese. This thread will feature mainly my goals short term and long term, what I plan to do next to better myself which will hopefully reflect in my business adventure.

Treat your body like a business - if you look after it, it'll look after you tenfold.

MY GOALS

Short term (1 - 3 months)

• Finish reading 'The Fastlane Millionaire' (my badge is a fraud! I commented on the thread that I was in progress and here we are.. my bad)
  • Continue going to the gym 4-6 times a week
  • Finish off the Development udemy course
  • Pay off braces ($1500 left) and get them off
  • Start learning Guitar again
  • Learn google Adwords
  • Learn more SEO
I love setting myself new goals to achieve - I think it comes with my obsession on progression. I already knew HTML and CSS, but in order to completely up my Freelancing game, I'd need to add some other programming languages to my repertoire. If anyone is interested in the course, you can find it here.

In this thread i'll also be focusing on my Fitness goals. Let me tell you a little bit about my history with my main nemesis 'Gym' or you can call him 'Jim'. I've always had an on/off relationship with this fella, I'd see him pretty often for 2 weeks, but then I'd get lazy and would stop visiting him. This occurred maybe 4-5 times over the span of 4-5 years. It was a very toxic relationship. However, there is a happy story here, for the last 5-6 months I have been visiting Jim quite regularly, we are happy and I finally have the time and the will to visit 4-6 times a week. We're happy and healthy.

Disclaimer: Jim is a metaphor for a gym.

Let me tell you about the long term goals now and where I'd like to be by the end of 2017.

Long term (4mths - 1 yr)

• Pay off my car
  • Start new business adventure (eCommerce)
  • Have my ideal body - can post progress pics if people actually want to see
  • Quit my current job and work for myself
  • Learn Spanish
  • Finish another year at College
  • Go on Holiday ATLEAST once
  • Start boxing classes
So as you can tell it's all a process - I want to learn new things; I want to be able to speak Spanish, or play the Guitar better - I want to smile confidently and show off my new hairless, ripped body at the beach! You can do anything if you just apply yourself, the reason I never could go to gym consistently was because I got lazy, I wanted to play this video game more than I wanted to get in shape but that's the old me and right now I'm on the path to a new me.

'Nike' said some of the truest words I'll ever understand, "Just do it!". Stop contemplating your life and just do it.

So enough of that, it's 11:18am on a Thursday and I'm writing this before my gym session.

I hope you follow me on this journey towards personal development and can hopefully take something in from my steps on how I do it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
My plans today (March 9th, 2017)
  • Going for a leg session workout (I hate leg day) :(
  • Clean room
  • Read 4-5 chapters of 'The Fastlane Millionaire'
  • Finish this udemy course 'Bootstrap' section
Now you may think that cleaning my room may not be very progressive - WELL KIND SIR/MADAM I WILL REPLY WITH... you're correct, but for me - I hate clutter and mess, if your room is messy; then your actions in your room are relative to the state of it. If my room is clean then so is my head when I'm trying to learn new things (plus it's an eyesore).

Remember to eat healthy and stay wealthy!

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Good luck on your journey. If you are having trouble getting through the book or can't find the time, I recommend you get the audiobook. You can listen to it while you work out or clean your room, and you will always have the book as a reference when you need to look something up.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Good luck on your journey. If you are having trouble getting through the book or can't find the time, I recommend you get the audiobook. You can listen to it while you work out or clean your room, and you will always have the book as a reference when you need to look something up.

That's actually a great idea! I never thought of that. I've already bought the book - I wonder if Amazon makes the audio cheaper if you already have the book, hmm...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
So yesterday was quite underwhelming!

I only finished 2 of 4 tasks due to being called into my Slowlane job last minute -

• [*]Going for a leg session workout (I hate leg day) :(
    [*]Clean room
    [*]Read 4-5 chapters of 'The Fastlane Millionaire'
    [*]Finish this udemy course 'Bootstrap' section
So it's now 3:10pm and here is what my tasks were today (picking up from yesterdays too).

• Clean room
  • Finish this udemy course ' Bootstrap' section
  • Gym
  • Read 4 chapters of 'The Fastlane Millionaire'
  • Set up my Freelancing email address to my preferred client
  • Email 3 prospective clients
Not too much love going on here! But that's okay, I enjoy talking to myself :hilarious: I'll consider this thread my personal journal + to-do-list.

P.S: I skipped Uni today cos I'm a slack bastard, I'm holding myself responsible... but if I do it again next Friday I'll be holding myself accountable, I'll make sure I go.

I seriously can't wait to start this new adventure I've got planned!!! Here's to success.

Last edited:

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
So there's a reason I've been away for around a week - i've been busy doing and less time typing.

I've finished off 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' and may I add, WHAT A BOOK! Once I picked it up, could barely put it down.
Anyway, I'll be doing weekly progress; not daily... not enough production otherwise.

I'm considering just buying the 'Divi' WP theme and making my businesses website rather than building it from scratch. Thoughts?

I've got from today (Thursday) till Sunday to work on as much stuff in order to get this Fastlane business started.

Anyways, this is just a slight update! Absolutely buzzing that I've finished the book.. but my next book is 'Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is Shaping our Future' and then after that I might reread TMF .

I'll write a more formal, detailed post more about what I've completed during the week. Right now, I'm off to the gym.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.