The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My name is Barrett

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
My name is Barrett. I recently quit working for T-Mobile to become self employed. While building a business as a financial coach I'm also creating a web based fast lane. I'm here to serve you guys in any way possible. I understand that to get what you want to have to help other people get what they want. I truly am here to make friends, build relationships and offer as much value as possible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted35442

My name is Barrett. I recently quit working for T-Mobile to become self employed. While building a business as a financial coach I'm also creating a web based fast lane. I'm here to serve you guys in any way possible. I understand that to get what you want to have to help other people get what they want. I truly am here to make friends, build relationships and offer as much value as possible.
Welcome to the Forums man. What is being a financial coach? Being a financial adviser? Focus on one at a time. I'm not against running more than one business simultaneously but focus is everything here. My first business will be up and live online in less than two weeks now. When it's up, I'm mostly doing sales-copy, taking consultation calls that (free trial) virtual receptionists book appointments for me for, and obviously, fulfilling orders. Because of the way I set it up, I can work on the next company after, meaning, I don't have overhead, I don't have an office, I bring my clients to one of the most upscale members-only clubs in NYC to meet. I'll be working on my second one, eComm-web related after. Get one business getting cash-flow in before your next.

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Welcome to the Forums man. What is being a financial coach? Being a financial adviser? Focus on one at a time. I'm not against running more than one business simultaneously but focus is everything here. My first business will be up and live online in less than two weeks now. When it's up, I'm mostly doing sales-copy, taking consultation calls that (free trial) virtual receptionists book appointments for me for, and obviously, fulfilling orders. Because of the way I set it up, I can work on the next company after, meaning, I don't have overhead, I don't have an office, I bring my clients to one of the most upscale members-only clubs in NYC to meet. I'll be working on my second one, eComm-web related after. Get one business getting cash-flow in before your next.
Well the problem I have is I believe one will make me money faster. like 50k per month fast. but its will cause to me to shut off cash flow from the other business. The other business is cash flowing about 300$ per month and it has major upside potential and if I leave it could undo all of the progress I've made. Do you have any advice on which one to choose? Because the one that can make 50k per month is a result of reading MFL and the other one is a network marketing company. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted35442

Well the problem I have is I believe one will make me money faster. like 50k per month fast. but its will cause to me to shut off cash flow from the other business. The other business is cash flowing about 300$ per month and it has major upside potential and if I leave it could undo all of the progress I've made. Do you have any advice on which one to choose? Because the one that can make 50k per month is a result of reading MFL and the other one is a network marketing company. Any thoughts?
Network marketing as in...MLM? If you read TFL you'd also know other peoples MLMs = Big No No's. Your own MLM? I guess. I've heard of MLM guys buying islands and splashing cash. They try to keep a low profile and for good reason. Some interesting reading on the subject:

http://behindmlm.com/mlm-reviews/8elos-review-emeralds-front-3000-buy-in-ponzi/

Weigh how much time each will take. For mine, I'm creating a beautiful UF website that will sell itself essentially. Is $300 month your only income? I can make that work but wondering if you can. Build out that business the next month to see if that can grow as you expect, then try this $50k/month one.

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Yes I've read the book. I want to use the mlm to generate cash to fund a fastlane idea. What do you think? As far as time each will take about 7 months to a year. Mlm 7 months later should produce 10k per month. The fastlane idea 7 months later would produce about 2500 per month however it would grow exponentially faster during the following six months and make about 50k via a referral program and re investing toward marketing. I joined mlm before I obtained fastlane knowledge.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AdMachine

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 27, 2016
Hey Barret,

how's your success with your online services business?

Hope you are accelerating according to Fastlane guidelines. My biggest takeaway from the book was the money tree concept. The repeatable way to make money by selling stuff to new and existing customers. And the key to Fastlane profits is in minimum time of your own, which is needed to deliver a service. Ideally it's automated.

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Hey Barret,

how's your success with your online services business?

Hope you are accelerating according to Fastlane guidelines. My biggest takeaway from the book was the money tree concept. The repeatable way to make money by selling stuff to new and existing customers. And the key to Fastlane profits is in minimum time of your own, which is needed to deliver a service. Ideally it's automated.
Today I decided to stop my business until next year. I have too much on my plate. New full time job. Doubled up college courses to graduate on time. And I'm married. I can't dedicate the time my business needs. I have customers I can't reach out to in a timely manner. Wife works too so she can't do it. Don't have income go pay an employee. So my plan is to stop until Jan next year. During this break my focus will be on cutting expenses, increasing income at work via more commissions, pay off remaining debt, graduate so I can free up that extra time. Save money to invest into the costs needed to run the business with an initial marketing campaign. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
Today I decided to stop my business until next year. I have too much on my plate. New full time job. Doubled up college courses to graduate on time. And I'm married. I can't dedicate the time my business needs. I have customers I can't reach out to in a timely manner. Wife works too so she can't do it. Don't have income go pay an employee. So my plan is to stop until Jan next year. During this break my focus will be on cutting expenses, increasing income at work via more commissions, pay off remaining debt, graduate so I can free up that extra time. Save money to invest into the costs needed to run the business with an initial marketing campaign. Any thoughts?

Make sure you don't have the same excuses next year. Excuses fuel fear and failure. Next year will come and you will see that not much has changed. Before your eyes 5 years will have gone by while you are waiting for the perfect time to start. Trust me it leads down a road of never getting anything done. I found excuses for everything (EVERYTHING!). Just start now. Strip the crap that doesn't matter and push forward.

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Maybe I shouldn't quit the business. Maybe I should just scale back on time dedicated to it?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
What qualifies you to be a financial coach?

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
At that time I was working with a company and taking my series 6 and series 7as well as a life insurance licence to sell annuities and junior securities. However I am not passionate about that line of work and I wasn't gaining a ROI as I expected so I walked away. I've since then pursued my online fast lane that I'm building

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Sounds like a lot of excuses. Don't quit.

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
Maybe I shouldn't quit the business. Maybe I should just scale back on time dedicated to it?

I think you should scale up the time focused on it and scale back the time focused on other things. What do you want out of this? What are your goals? Why are you trying to start this company in the first place? What is there to gain? What is there to lose? It seems like you are trying to find ways not to go all in and take risks. You won't accomplish this half assed. I did this all of the time. It is terrifying to go all in. The only thing that pushed me past was walking in to my very meaningless feeling job every morning and thinking I know I can do better than this and I will be damned if I will spend the rest of my life wasting away here. I have stripped every distraction from my life and as badly as it hurts and as scary as it is I know that I will come out on top and where I want to be. You just have to start - all in or forever nothing.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014

Don't dabble either.

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
I think you should scale up the time focused on it and scale back the time focused on other things. What do you want out of this? What are your goals? Why are you trying to start this company in the first place? What is there to gain? What is there to lose? It seems like you are trying to find ways not to go all in and take risks. You won't accomplish this half assed. I did this all of the time. It is terrifying to go all in. The only thing that pushed me past was walking in to my very meaningless feeling job every morning and thinking I know I can do better than this and I will be damned if I will spend the rest of my life wasting away here. I have stripped every distraction from my life and as badly as it hurts and as scary as it is I know that I will come out on top and where I want to be. You just have to start - all in or forever nothing.
I feel the same way at work. It's funny. Everyone says it's a great career. But I don't want a career. I want 6 figure months

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
I feel the same way at work. It's funny. Everyone says it's a great career. But I don't want a career. I want 6 figure months

You know what you need to do. Now do it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why do you say that?

Today I decided to stop my business until next year. I have too much on my plate. New full time job. Doubled up college courses to graduate on time. And I'm married. I can't dedicate the time my business needs. I have customers I can't reach out to in a timely manner. Wife works too so she can't do it. Don't have income go pay an employee. So my plan is to stop until Jan next year. During this break my focus will be on cutting expenses, increasing income at work via more commissions, pay off remaining debt, graduate so I can free up that extra time. Save money to invest into the costs needed to run the business with an initial marketing campaign.

Because you've said as much.

What you describe is exactly how it starts. The full time job. The full time income. The nice lifestyle because, you know, you deserve it from all the hard work. And the next thing ya know? Ten years have gone by and you're fully vested in the Slowlane.

I like the vision and the objective (saving, freeing up time) but pretty much everyone says the same thing. And then a year from now, the excuse will be "But I can't quit, I have a baby on the way!"

I'm not castigating you here, just giving you a warning that in my guesstimates, most aspiring entrepreneurs stay aspiring because they bet their future on "someday" -- which is what you have done.

Danger Will Robinson.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have you made a sale yet?

What do you need to do to make a sale this week?

What do you need to NOT do to make a sale this week?

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Because you've said as much.

What you describe is exactly how it starts. The full time job. The full time income. The nice lifestyle because, you know, you deserve it from all the hard work. And the next thing ya know? Ten years have gone by and you're fully vested in the Slowlane.

I like the vision and the objective (saving, freeing up time) but pretty much everyone says the same thing. And then a year from now, the excuse will be "But I can't quit, I have a baby on the way!"

I'm not castigating you here, just giving you a warning that in my guesstimates, most aspiring entrepreneurs stay aspiring because they bet their future on "someday" -- which is what you have done.

Danger Will Robinson.
Very well. I will not quit. I will figure out a way to work around this obstacle

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
Have you made a sale yet?

What do you need to do to make a sale this week?

What do you need to NOT do to make a sale this week?
I haven't made a sale yet. I have generated 15 leads which is equivalent to 35k in potential income. Business has been live for 30 days.

Shrewedmoney15

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Nov 4, 2015
I haven't made a sale yet. I have generated 15 leads which is equivalent to 35k in potential income. Business has been live for 30 days.

I need to invest more in marketing and call people at my lunch hour to make a sale

AdMachine

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 27, 2016

Agree with the anwers above.
To make things happen you need to be a one man army:
1) create a step by step plan for yourself as you would do for your assistant or employee ( imagine you have one)
2) complete each task from the list without thinking too much ;) like a robot

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I need to invest more in marketing and call people at my lunch hour to make a sale

Maybe no need to invest more in marketing at the moment. Work through each of the leads and get a yes or no.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.