The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Latest Productivity Hack - How Many Sundays Left?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'm always looking for ways to do more work in less time. In a recent mastermind conversation, I spoke to a high roller (spends $25,000/day on FB ads).

He suggested that I use The Last Sunday - an app that shows you how many Sundays you have left assuming you live for another 83-85 years. You can see my chart here.

I didn't think much of it at first but when you see it on a new tab - it's quite profound. Mike Mullenweg (the WordPress guy) calls this the 'tail end'.

Go download it here and add some jet fuel to your productivity. I kept this post intentionally short - only so many Sundays left.

Don't waste it!

_/\_

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
Reminds me of the Life Calendar found here. I used it for a while, but my impending mortality was too depressing (only half kidding). Perhaps I need to use it again because I'm going to die anyway. Man, that got dark fast.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
He suggested that I use The Last Sunday - an app that shows you how many Sundays you have left assuming you live for another 83-85 years. You can see my chart here.

I thought me and mortality had an understanding. I don't worry about it, or much think about it, and it doesn't come to get me.

Clicking your link was like a heroin shot of emotions... tingles down my arms, I actually got a little light headed.

Clearly I have more to unpack in this area than I thought.

Getting the app... curious to see what it does to me.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
2066 doesn't seem very far away...

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
The Stoics talk about death all the time because its our mortality that gives life meaning.

And, imagine being immortal with Parkinson's Law: we'd never get anything done!

njord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Nov 24, 2016
My favorite book iv ever read is "echos of the great song" by David gemmell.
The moral of the story is if you can live as an immortal you stop living, you will become stuck in the past and wont evolve anymore.

Iv read this book multiple times in my life but its only in recent years that iv truely understood what the writer was saying behind the story.
In the past i allways hoped or tryed to believe i would live for ever, they will find a way to make it happen with future technologie.
But after reading more about the concept of dying (i forgot which book it was) ive come to exept that I will die some day, so now i will do everything to make the most of my life!:)

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
The Stoics talk about death all the time because its our mortality that gives life meaning.
At a job I had, I constantly experienced death. That was the thought going through my head most days.

One day every - single - trace - of your existence will be insignificantly wiped away.

I fear it.

Not death, but the thought of ceasing to exist. To die and get rolled down to the morgue. The pathologist pushing your dead body is in a jolly mood -- it's just another day on the clock and it's almost weekend.

He greets colleagues on your journey underground. He locks in your flesh, bone and paperlike skin someplace safe. It's time for lunch. He microwaves his lunchbox, turns on the TV and watches a rerun that occasionally makes him laugh.

The hospital room you died in gets cleaned. Your stains of blood, the particles of your skin get wiped away. That room gets occupied by someone else tomorrow morning. None will ever know that is the place where you -- a once proud man with many stories to tell -- took farewell to us living.

My belief is that the only way to fight that, is by loving and accomplishing more.

Or you can, like many others, settle with quick gratification, mediocrity, nihilism and a life of quiet desperation. Go ahead. Your life will be just as silent as your death.

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jan 17, 2019
3b6f81f8b904ba472a5464395f321bf7.png

Midlife crisis is coming, the chart says so!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.