The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey to $500,000 with E-commerce

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
I will skip the introduction, you can read it here in case you care.

THE PLAN.
  • Open the store --> grow profits --> learn a lot in the process --> sell the store.

PROGRESS SO FAR.
  • Found a niche and validated it
  • Setup website (Shopify)
  • Added products (I will be drop shipping from Aliexpress)
  • Bought domain (Namecheap - def. recommended)
  • Started promoting on Instagram (video went viral hitting over 100k views)
  • Received 4 orders & many abandoned carts (I guess those were the ones which didn't have PayPal - read 1st TO DO to understand why)
  • Registered company in home country

TO DO.
  • Setup a payment gateway to accept credit cards. I'm limited due to the country I live in. Currently, I'm waiting for the company to be registered so I can apply to those gateways available. Will switch to Stripe next month (hopefully) when I move to Denmark.
  • Email Marketing. Never done it before, can't wait to learn how to do it properly. Will watch a course I got on Udemy tomorrow morning.
  • Create a bundle - my shop has just a few items which make the perfect bundle since they go together.
  • Promote the shop further even though I can only take payments via PayPal at the moment.

Can't wait to see where this journey will lead. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
I will skip the introduction, you can read it here in case you care.

THE PLAN.
  • Open the store --> grow profits --> learn a lot in the process --> sell the store.

PROGRESS SO FAR.
  • Found a niche and validated it
  • Setup website (Shopify)
  • Added products (I will be drop shipping from Aliexpress)
  • Bought domain (Namecheap - def. recommended)
  • Started promoting on Instagram (video went viral hitting over 100k views)
  • Received 4 orders & many abandoned carts (I guess those were the ones which didn't have PayPal - read 1st TO DO to understand why)
  • Registered company in home country

TO DO.
  • Setup a payment gateway to accept credit cards. I'm limited due to the country I live in. Currently, I'm waiting for the company to be registered so I can apply to those gateways available. Will switch to Stripe next month (hopefully) when I move to Denmark.
  • Email Marketing. Never done it before, can't wait to learn how to do it properly. Will watch a course I got on Udemy tomorrow morning.
  • Create a bundle - my shop has just a few items which make the perfect bundle since they go together.
  • Promote the shop further even though I can only take payments via PayPal at the moment.

Can't wait to see where this journey will lead. :)

You have already had sales and you didnt start too long ago doing good man keep focusing on your goal and im sure you'll reach it sooner than you think. And a question about instagram did you pay a large account to promote you or grow your own page?

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
You have already had sales and you didnt start too long ago doing good man keep focusing on your goal and im sure you'll reach it sooner than you think. And a question about instagram did you pay a large account to promote you or grow your own page?

Thank you!

Prior to starting the shop, I was growing Instagram niche accounts. This taught me how Instagram works and how to make posts go viral.

I didn't pay anyone, I just used my knowledge to make the video go viral on the brand new account for the business.

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Updates:

Had 3 visits, 1 conversion. 33.3% conversion rate, buy my course now!!!
Got an accountant for my business(es). This was a must.
Applied for a payment gateway and I'm one step from approval. Customers will be able to pay using credit cards in the upcoming days. FINALLY.
Implemented Conversio (available in the Shopify App Store) to upsell customers within the invoice they receive after ordering.
Implemented HotJar as well to see what are my visitors doing on the website.

I've been kind of busy with the moving process, the final day is approaching. Will get 10x more work done on the website after I move.

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
Can you share strategies on how to make a post go viral or link to a resource you learned from?

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Check out www.Drip.co for email marketing tool. It integrates quite well with shopify (using a plugin called dripify).
Also, good course to buy is "The Machine" by Ryan Deiss. If you search on fiverr, you should be able to find a cheap copy.

Finally, www.mailcharts.com is a great resource. Use the 7-day free trial to pull all email flows from competitors (and/or other similar ecommerce websites). Pull their ad copy and tweak it to fit your purpose.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good job on getting started and keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Catalin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 9, 2017
Can you share strategies on how to make a post go viral or link to a resource you learned from?
The way you make posts go viral is by receiving a lot of likes from big accounts in a short span of time. This way your post will appear on the Explore page and get organic engagement from there.

Let's say your account is in the nature niche. What you can do is either join liking groups on Telegram (app) or search for accounts similar to yours (= same niche) and form a group where you like each other's photos. Or join one that already exists.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.