The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My job interview went well but....

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Hi all, so a week ago I had a job interview and I think it went well, took some time and i got an email afterwards saying they will get back to me in a few weeks and that they were impressed with what I had to offer. Though I saw that the job listing was active again for the same position and thinking if I should contact them about it. The original job posted was listed over 30 days ago and they contacted me 30 days after it posted which was strange, it sounds like the company is being picky about who they hire/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
Hi all, so a week ago I had a job interview and I think it went well, took some time and i got an email afterwards saying they will get back to me in a few weeks and that they were impressed with what I had to offer. Though I saw that the job listing was active again for the same position and thinking if I should contact them about it. The original job posted was listed over 30 days ago and they contacted me 30 days after it posted which was strange, it sounds like the company is being picky about who they hire/
You will see all sorts of advice for this on the internet 'do contact/don't contact' Personally with jobs I prefer not to have my eggs in one basket so I always follow up with a quick email asking them how the your application is going etc.

From anecdotal experience a long wait is usually not a great sign. It usually means;

1) There's lot's of bureaucracy and problems in the team when it comes to hires and HR don't see eye to eye with the decision makers.
2) They're being picky - which they can afford to be even more so now. I know a friend who runs a QA company and they were telling me they are getting people with 3+ years automation experience applying for manual jobs which is at like a 16-20,000 euro difference at the company.

COVID has created a greater demand for jobs but the supply has not increased - so if I were looking for a job i'd be focusing on speed over sniper mentality.

RemySheppard

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Jun 15, 2017
Fayetteville, North Carolina
COVID has created a greater demand for jobs but the supply has not increased - so if I were looking for a job i'd be focusing on speed over sniper mentality.
Completely unrelated to this thread, but thank you for helping me validate a business idea.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
You will see all sorts of advice for this on the internet 'do contact/don't contact' Personally with jobs I prefer not to have my eggs in one basket so I always follow up with a quick email asking them how the your application is going etc.

From anecdotal experience a long wait is usually not a great sign. It usually means;

1) There's lot's of bureaucracy and problems in the team when it comes to hires and HR don't see eye to eye with the decision makers.
2) They're being picky - which they can afford to be even more so now. I know a friend who runs a QA company and they were telling me they are getting people with 3+ years automation experience applying for manual jobs which is at like a 16-20,000 euro difference at the company.

This makes sense. Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.