The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms
Hello everyone,

My name is Patrick Bellot, 39yo husband/father of 2. I started my journey in the Fastlane, 3 years ago. I started to learn about computers and programming. It's a far cry from my current dismal career choice. I started learning iOS/Swift to build mobile apps. 2017, I pivoted a bit to learn web development. The pivot came while brainstorming a product to build. I had several ideas for a few mobile apps but they didn't feel viable. I took three days away from iOS to brainstorm a product. My efforts have given me: POLESTAR.TV - Streaming Interactive Video Game Platform I'm currently learning JavaScript to add the functionality to the upcoming website...also database, hosting, js frameworks and Libraries....the list goes on. Grit is my friend and I'm determined to give gamers a quality experience. Thank you. P.S. Just finished reading Unscripted ! MJ has influenced me tremendously. Thank you, sir!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Hi Patrick! Welcome to this place. I also have a few big app ideas running around in my head. I borrowed an iMac from a friend to try to learn iOS/Swift. It was tough but fascinating. I'm also a gamer so I look forward to seeing what you make. Good luck with your endeavours and yes Grit (pushing forward regardless of faith) is your friend. You just never know what's around the corner when you push.

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms
Hi Patrick! Welcome to this place. I also have a few big app ideas running around in my head. I borrowed an iMac from a friend to try to learn iOS/Swift. It was tough but fascinating. I'm also a gamer so I look forward to seeing what you make. Good luck with your endeavours and yes Grit (pushing forward regardless of faith) is your friend. You just never know what's around the corner when you push.

Thank you @V8Bill. After reading both books (just finished UnScripted ), I'm going to put all my social media on the back burner and focus on this forum while I learn/build my site. I appreciate the feedback. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms

I do plan on building the iOS/TvOS/WatchOS apps in Swift or in React Native. Depending on how well I can digest React when I cross that bridge. I'll post the repos on the forum as well if you want to follow and/or contribute. :)

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Sure, I'll always have an opinion but I'm brutal on UI and passionate about the UX. Social media - I tried it. Didn't care for it much. I also much prefer real forums with real communities.

pbellot

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
May 27, 2017
Gulfport, Ms
Sure, I'll always have an opinion but I'm brutal on UI and passionate about the UX. Social media - I tried it. Didn't care for it much. I also much prefer real forums with real communities.

UI is one thing I'm going to need to learn and work on. As far as UX, I always keep in mind, simple for a 3 year old and easy for an 80 year old with Parkinson's. I know that's tough to accomplish, but it can be done with thoughtfulness in design.

I'm also really liking my time here. This is the first time ever participating on a forum. I picked a good one!

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I'm also really liking my time here. This is the first time ever participating on a forum. I picked a good one!

You sure did. They may not stroke your hair but they'll pat you on (and sometimes push you in) the back. Forums rock.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...