The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My First Product Launch !

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
So a few days ago i started running ads to drive people through my funnel on my email list and I'll be using this thread as a progress thread to tell you how it goes. But until then let me give you a bit of back ground.

Thanks to my daily success plan (used for me to create successful habits) I've been reading MANY business books and applying what I learn. But it seemed that even in applying what I've learned sales were few. In my mind for a while I've been thinking "Man i gotta figure out how to increase sales and stop TRYING to sale people).

Then through my daily readings BOOM i found 2 books that sparked and solidified my idea for how to do exactly that. "Launch" - By Jeff Walker and "Permission Marketing" - By Seth Godin. Now I already have had a email list for a while but never really knew how to use it apparently and those 2 books opened my mind to a world of Internet sales I've never known.

Using a step by step theory I came up with myself and offered previous customers to help them benefit with using my product. I used that same info expanded it in more detail and sequenced it through my email automation.

I know your first thought would probably be "Why would you spread the benefits of using your product through the automation? How is that providing them value?" Well lets just say if I were selling washing machines it'd be the equivalent of telling people what products to use to get the cleanest clothes and a step by step guide on how to do it . ALSO my previous customers loved the info and said it helped them alot.

So here I am hoping to get alot of sign-ups ! In all honesty i believe this time it will fail. Not b/c i dont believe in myself , my product , or the value of my info , but b/c this is my VERY first time running facebook ads AND my very first launch. Excited to be proven wrong tho!! If it fails I'll do it again of course lol.

I also have a few questions . Whats the usual conversion rates for sign-ups using facebook ads? And has anyone here done a successful product launch ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

domefs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Sep 4, 2016
Germany
Try to get as much data as you can out of it. In my opinion the difference in successful ads is in the split testing part. Wish you the best!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Try to get as much data as you can out of it. In my opinion the difference in successful ads is in the split testing part. Wish you the best!
For sure , does split testing cost more?

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
In the long run its significantly cheaper.
So what i mean is it like running 2 ads at once or is it all on the same campaign using the same money ?

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
So it seems like I'm getting a good amount of ad clicks but no sign ups , would anyone know why that is ?

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
So it seems like I'm getting a good amount of ad clicks but no sign ups , would anyone know why that is ?

If no one sign up to your mailing list, then your funnel doesn't work or you haven't identified your target correctly.

Do you give a valuable freebie to everyone who leave an email?

======

Have you ever heard about Inspectlet and SmartLook?

They are two AMAZING services that let you analyze users behavior on your website. You can record every user session and then watch it to understand what the user does when he's visiting your website.

Moreover you have the heatmap and the form analytics! I really really suggest you to visit their website. :)

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
If no one sign up to your mailing list, then your funnel doesn't work or you haven't identified your target correctly.

Do you give a valuable freebie to everyone who leave an email?

======

Have you ever heard about Inspectlet and SmartLook?

They are two AMAZING services that let you analyze users behavior on your website. You can record every user session and then watch it to understand what the user does when he's visiting your website.

Moreover you have the heatmap and the form analytics! I really really suggest you to visit their website. :)
Yes I offer the same free training that the Ad advertises , it may be that im not clear on what exactly what it is

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I planned my Jeff-Walker-Style launch for 2 months. Launch gave me 1.2% conversion rate. I already knew something was wrong, when I published the Pre-Launch content. I´m sure the targeting wasn´t right, but I´m still figuring out what went wrong :)
Jeff-Walker-Launch should be around 5%.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I planned my Jeff-Walker-Style launch for 2 months. Launch gave me 1.2% conversion rate. I already knew something was wrong, when I published the Pre-Launch content. I´m sure the targeting wasn´t right, but I´m still figuring out what went wrong :)
Jeff-Walker-Launch should be around 5%.
Hmmm I believe im thinking TOO inside of the box , I dont believe im yet experienced enough with marketing to know what im missing , its actually what i expected , it gives me a reference point to continue my study and practice

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Hmmm I believe im thinking TOO inside of the box , I dont believe im yet experienced enough with marketing to know what im missing , its actually what i expected , it gives me a reference point to continue my study and practice

Well done, practice is the best teacher :)
That's why I love marketing. You could study it for years, but the formula is the same:
Test, test and test again, and then keep what works and change what doesn't work.

Can we see your funnel?
I'm not an expert, but I may give you some help!

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Sorry, but ouch. That landing page is so boring I took a nap.

First, what does your FB ad look like? Would you mind sharing that as well? The big thing is, you want to make sure the copy and the offer on the landing page match up to the copy and offer on the Ad.

Ill be honest, the copy leaves a bit to be desired on the landing page, but that's not the big problem. You're advertising "free report and more valuable training". When was the last time someone like 2 Chainz or Drake wanted a "report"?? Think about your target audience. The plain white background doesn't look exciting either.

What exactly are you offering?
Make that 100% clear. "Learn from the master JokerCrazyBeats! Sign up and I'll send you a free video to help you produce your first sick track" (I am not the guy to consult on what the rap crowd or urban crowd wants haha) But something like that. You need to tell them what the offer is and why they want it. Every rapper wants to be on the radio station WII FM, Whats in it for me.

Get a good background.. maybe a club scene or something that appeals to an aspiring rapper.

Change the offer copy. Let them know what they're getting and why they want it.

Make sure it matches up with your FB ad.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Also, check out my previous thread here https://thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/best-way-to-target-on-facebook-ads.70865/

I kind of went through the same process as you, so use my mistakes as your learning opportunity. I did a giveaway as a lead magnet and collected name and email address.

The fool proof way to narrow down targeting is split testing.

Create a post on your FB page with the link to your landing page. Go into advert manager and create a campaign aimed at website conversion (if using pixel) or reach.

Create multiple ad groups, at least 5. Each ad group should only target 1 or 2 things. Ex. 1. Male 21-45 Interest: 2 Chainz Region: USA 2. Male 21-50 Interest: The Source magazine Region: USA . etc etc

Make 5 or so ad groups, target interests that you think will capture aspiring artists, and make 1 or 2 that just hits the whole group of people who like rap.
Make these ad groups part of the campaign based on that post. That way every comment, like and share aggregates on that post, more social proof. Run each ad group with $5 budget for the day and let it run. At the end of the day check the conversion rates, turn off your low performing ones, then boost budget on high converting ad groups. Win.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Sorry, but ouch. That landing page is so boring I took a nap.

First, what does your FB ad look like? Would you mind sharing that as well?
And for sure I'll deff check out the thread and look to implement the changes onto my page ASAP

Attachments

• img_0852 (1).jpg
    img_0852 (1).jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 24

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
The copy isn't bad, but definitely tie in what is in it for them if they use it.
And also rework the Opt-in page ? You have any suggestions for easier to customize landing page services ? I believe whats holding me back is my inability to know how to fully customize my landing pages with Optimize press , I often want to change or add different background images and I cant find any ways to do it to my liking. The images are often to distored or dont cover the amount of area i want with no way to stretch or expand them. Im looking at Leadpages but im not sure how good they are.

Evelio

MarketingLoopholes.com
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 21, 2014
Miami
And also rework the Opt-in page ? You have any suggestions for easier to customize landing page services ? I believe whats holding me back is my inability to know how to fully customize my landing pages with Optimize press , I often want to change or add different background images and I cant find any ways to do it to my liking. The images are often to distored or dont cover the amount of area i want with no way to stretch or expand them. Im looking at Leadpages but im not sure how good they are.
Hey JokerCrazyBeatz.

First of all, congrats on taking action!

I agree with Scot, the copy is not enticing enough. Change the headline on your landing page: "The Rappers Rulebook" doesn't make me want to jump of my seat. "Discover the Secret This Rapper Used To Create Grammy Winning Beats...makes me want to read more...(just an example)

Also, move the signup box to one side and on the other side add a list of 4 to 5 benefits.
Example:
1. Step by Step Guide to Creating Your Own Grammy Winning Beats.
2. The Magic Software Famous Rappers are Using and How To Get It For Under $50 Dollars.
3. Blah...
4. Blah...
5. Blah...

Keep testing and if the pain or want is there you'll make it work.

Best of luck to you.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy

http://templates.unbounce.com/nest-click-through/

https://www.automateads.com/?ref=landingfolio

I think something like these two are okay for you!
Moreover, be careful, because if i visit your website http://jokercrazymusic.com/ it shows me you have to finish to install OptimizePress :)

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Hey JokerCrazyBeatz.

First of all, congrats on taking action!

I agree with Scot, the copy is not enticing enough. Change the headline on your landing page: "The Rappers Rulebook" doesn't make me want to jump of my seat. "Discover the Secret This Rapper Used To Create Grammy Winning Beats...makes me want to read more...(just an example)

Also, move the signup box to one side and on the other side add a list of 4 to 5 benefits.
Example:
1. Step by Step Guide to Creating Your Own Grammy Winning Beats.
2. The Magic Software Famous Rappers are Using and How To Get It For Under $50 Dollars.
3. Blah...
4. Blah...
5. Blah...

Keep testing and if the pain or want is there you'll make it work.

Best of luck to you.

I appreciate ya! I'll be sure to try this out

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
If you can afford it, clickfunnel is the leader in landing pages, but you're looking at at least $100/mo.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
If you can afford it, clickfunnel is the leader in landing pages, but you're looking at at least $100/mo.
Oh yea thats a bit out of my budget , I'll find a solution soon enough , dont worry , this is only the beginning !

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I've applied some of the suggestions here , let me know what you think

Attachments

• img_0860 (1).jpg
    img_0860 (1).jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 22

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
I've applied some of the suggestions here , let me know what you think

I don't know, to me, it still feels lacking.

You see the second point, I think that's your big seller. "Learn the secrets to the success of theworlds biggest rappers!"

I'm no rapper though, so I may be way off, just my $0.02

EDIT: If I were an aspiring rapper, I would want to know how my idols made it big

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

You see the second point, I think that's your big seller. "Learn the secrets to the success of theworlds biggest rappers!"

EDIT: If I were an aspiring rapper, I would want to know how my idols made it big
I think you're right , give me a few mins

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
You must write more.
Add all features!

Simon Sinek's motto is "People don't buy what you do, but why you do it."

Why are you giving this freebie? Tell them!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016

I think you're right !

Attachments

• img_0864 (1).jpg
    img_0864 (1).jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 15

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Copy needs some work, just spelling and grammar, for professionalism, but it's looking better imo

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.