The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My First Post After Lurking for Months!

One Jeffrey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 8, 2022
Canada
Hello, I finally gathered the courage to write this introduction. I might be the biggest procrastinator around these lands. I made this account a few months ago and I kept lurking with my many problems that I kept ignoring. So here I am.

I'm a 19 year old Canadian college student and I only have 1 notable skill: I am very good at action faking! However, I really want to not be a wantrepreneur... It's like my brain is still waiting for a FTE. Which is the case, however, I seem to be unable to push myself and try it seriously out of sheer will.

I think that one big thing that has been holding me back is a great lack of confidence and a weak mind... set.

Knowing my pace and based on my own expectations. I give myself around 20 years to try many businesses and hopefully make one work with the Fastlane principles.

Enough ranting and lurking, I may attempt to contribute more around here. (Then again, this post is only a sexy event in my head. It's as if I would expect to suddenly get on the right path to become the person I want to be from posting this one thread.)

If you have unsexy answers, I would be grateful to hear them.

I will keep navigating the forum, push myself to be more outgoing and try to contribute. I am very grateful for the Millonaire Fastlane. Alone, the book is immensely valuable.

Thank you for reading and I hope all of you have a wonderful process on the Fastlane!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
This is a good thought-provoking hypothetical situation. I thank you for giving me something to think about during my insomnia.

At the beginning, I brainstormed a lot while minding my current skills. I don’t think I have skills that could be marketed right now, but I did figure something out.

First, I would skip class so I can have more time to get things done.

Second, I thought about helping homeowners around my neighborhood with their chores as the most direct way to make quick money. There is only one small problem: where I live there is not much snow to shovel right now, and grass isn’t out yet. However, I did figure one thing that I could learn, do and have easy access to its required specialized equipment: residential window cleaning. I came up with that because I know that there are mainly elderly or extremely busy people around town, so maybe there will be a good demand on the market, especially for windows that are higher up.

Third, I would ask my relatives first to see if they are interested. Since I only have one day to make this work, I wouldn’t let myself become discouraged after unsuccessful cold calls. If the answer is positive, I would go to the store to get equipment. I would buy a good Squeegee, a quality sponge, a bucket and some soap that would be superior to Windex, which I believe would make me look like more professional and serious as a window cleaner. I would then ask my grandparents if I can borrow their ladder.

Before cleaning my first window, I would watch a few YouTube videos on how to do it properly, familiarize myself with the types of windows and train a bit on my own. I would then offer the service to my relatives. I’m not sure about the rate, but maybe 5$ per window would be reasonable at the beginning? I would then proceed to clean more than 4 windows, reach well over 20$ in profits before the end of the day and make the money back that was invested for the equipment. All of this in maybe less than 2h of actual work. I’m also pretty sure that the market rate for window cleaning is a lot higher, especially for commercial buildings.

If they are satisfied with my job, I would then offer to do it sometime again to enable potential repeat business and I would ask them to tell all the people they know about my little business. I would also ask my parents and friends to spread the message. I live in a small town so word-of-mouth is a very powerful marketing tool and maintaining a solid reputation is crucial.

The little business could become more serious with time and I could expand the clientele. Offering my services to landlords and business owners. With the extra work, hiring could be a possibility.

Furthermore, the government is currently building a huge nursing home. If the business becomes serious, maybe I could get contracts and contacts?

You know… You made me think too much about it, I am now tempted to execute on that idea and make some initial capital for other projects, because my wealth equation is currently equal to 0. I thank you very much and I am grateful that you pushed me towards an insightful periodic session of insomnia.

I will fight my mind and beliefs, inform myself a bit more about the market, break through my tendency towards inaction and begin as soon as possible.
Window cleaing is a great thing to start out with. I am doing it right now and made 600 in my first month.

You can check out my thread on how to get started with a service like that here.

It really doesnt matter what you do as long as you put your offer out there in at most 7 days. If you read this and wait more than a week then I dont believe that you will actually take action. Dont fear loosing some money on flyers or getting rejected. You are doing it to set your path to a future of wealth and freedom.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello, I finally gathered the courage to write this introduction. I might be the biggest procrastinator around these lands. I made this account a few months ago and I kept lurking with my many problems that I kept ignoring. So here I am.

I'm a 19 year old Canadian college student and I only have 1 notable skill: I am very good at action faking! However, I really want to not be a wantrepreneur... It's like my brain is still waiting for a FTE. Which is the case, however, I seem to be unable to push myself and try it seriously out of sheer will.

I think that one big thing that has been holding me back is a great lack of confidence and a weak mind... set.

Knowing my pace and based on my own expectations. I give myself around 20 years to try many businesses and hopefully make one work with the Fastlane principles.

Enough ranting and lurking, I may attempt to contribute more around here. (Then again, this post is only a sexy event in my head. It's as if I would expect to suddenly get on the right path to become the person I want to be from posting this one thread.)

I will keep navigating the forum, push myself to be more outgoing and try to contribute. I am very grateful for the Millonaire Fastlane. Alone, the book is immensely valuable.

Thank you for reading and I hope all of you have a wonderful process on the Fastlane!

Out of the shadows

great post. LFG

You have a bright future in front of you.

You have multiple skills. You are a good writer.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, appreciate the exit from lurkerhood!

One Jeffrey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 8, 2022
Canada
Action-faking cure:

If I put a gun to your head saying that you need to find a way to make $20 tmw, how would you make it?
This is a good thought-provoking hypothetical situation. I thank you for giving me something to think about during my insomnia.

At the beginning, I brainstormed a lot while minding my current skills. I don’t think I have skills that could be marketed right now, but I did figure something out.

Second, I thought about helping homeowners around my neighborhood with their chores as the most direct way to make quick money. There is only one small problem: where I live there is not much snow to shovel right now, and grass isn’t out yet. However, I did figure one thing that I could learn, do and have easy access to its required specialized equipment: residential window cleaning. I came up with that because I know that there are mainly elderly or extremely busy people around town, so maybe there will be a good demand on the market, especially for windows that are higher up.

Third, I would ask my relatives first to see if they are interested. Since I only have one day to make this work, I wouldn’t let myself become discouraged after unsuccessful cold calls. If the answer is positive, I would go to the store to get equipment. I would buy a good Squeegee, a quality sponge, a bucket and some soap that would be superior to Windex, which I believe would make me look like more professional and serious as a window cleaner. I would then ask my grandparents if I can borrow their ladder.

Before cleaning my first window, I would watch a few YouTube videos on how to do it properly, familiarize myself with the types of windows and train a bit on my own. I would then offer the service to my relatives. I’m not sure about the rate, but maybe 5$ per window would be reasonable at the beginning? I would then proceed to clean more than 4 windows, reach well over 20$ in profits before the end of the day and make the money back that was invested for the equipment. All of this in maybe less than 2h of actual work. I’m also pretty sure that the market rate for window cleaning is a lot higher, especially for commercial buildings.

If they are satisfied with my job, I would then offer to do it sometime again to enable potential repeat business and I would ask them to tell all the people they know about my little business. I would also ask my parents and friends to spread the message. I live in a small town so word-of-mouth is a very powerful marketing tool and maintaining a solid reputation is crucial.

The little business could become more serious with time and I could expand the clientele. Offering my services to landlords and business owners. With the extra work, hiring could be a possibility.

Furthermore, the government is currently building a huge nursing home. If the business becomes serious, maybe I could get contracts and contacts?

You know… You made me think too much about it, I am now tempted to execute on that idea and make some initial capital for other projects, because my wealth equation is currently equal to 0. I thank you very much and I am grateful that you pushed me towards an insightful periodic session of insomnia.

I will fight my mind and beliefs, inform myself a bit more about the market, break through my tendency towards inaction and begin as soon as possible.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada

That's some good thinking and yes you should go execute today. $5 per window is way too cheap. You will be making under $50/h.

I live in Canada as well. I'm from Scarborough, Toronto. Right now is the perfect time to do car detailing. Buy a vacuum and some cleaning sprays and charge $200 per car.

Thats $200/h

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Welcome!

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Woah, this opportunity looks promising. I still have symptoms of the employee mindset. 40$/h looks insane to me, 200$/h seems outrageous right now.

I can definitely charge more per window if I can stop feeling bad for asking a fair rate for my work. It's this mindset that led me to work minimum wage jobs in dusty factories.

As a student, I was oblivious to the fact that there are a lot better alternative than this for making money on the side.

While researching car detailing in my area, I did spot 5 businesses that specializes in car detailing. There are roughly 70 000 inhabitants in my immediate vicinity. So I'm not sure about the competition, maybe with the help of the Fastlane knowledge, I can manage to get a slice of the pie by finding the right value skews.

I thank you so much for broadening my perspectives.
By the way,

You don’t need to form a legal business to do this. No website or anything either. It’s just a side hustle.

Shit I’m running this at 15. Just put up some Facebook ads and you should be good

One Jeffrey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Dec 8, 2022
Canada
That's some good thinking and yes you should go execute today. $5 per window is way too cheap. You will be making under $50/h.

I live in Canada as well. I'm from Scarborough, Toronto. Right now is the perfect time to do car detailing. Buy a vacuum and some cleaning sprays and charge $200 per car.

Thats $200/h
Woah, this opportunity looks promising. I still have symptoms of the employee mindset. 40$/h looks insane to me, 200$/h seems outrageous right now.

I can definitely charge more per window if I can stop feeling bad for asking a fair rate for my work. It's this mindset that led me to work minimum wage jobs in dusty factories.

As a student, I was oblivious to the fact that there are a lot better alternative than this for making money on the side.

While researching car detailing in my area, I did spot 5 businesses that specializes in car detailing. There are roughly 70 000 inhabitants in my immediate vicinity. So I'm not sure about the competition, maybe with the help of the Fastlane knowledge, I can manage to get a slice of the pie by finding the right value skews.

I thank you so much for broadening my perspectives.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...