The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My First $1000 Profit

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
I am rewriting this because yesterdays when I wrote it I lost the scope of what I wanted to do. That was to show some of the newer people that something other than writing a book or having an online business can also have fastlane potential

My Company is a standard landscaping company, cut grass trim bushes that kind of thing. Where this sets me apart is that most landscapers are booked months in advance and you cant get anyone in right at this moment if you need it. This allows me to set up a pricing system pretty much like FedEx and UPS has where I offer Overnight, next day or standard landscaping.

I started my business about 2 weeks ago working part time while being a miner full time. My clients are mostly upper middle class that work all day and want to entertain on the weekends but come Friday they realize that they have this beautiful Mc Mansion but the lawn looks horrible and the hedges are over grown. So they call me and before Saturday nights dinner party there property looks amazing.

Now the $1000 in profit was made Saturday 6/4/17 I had a customer that called me up at 5pm on Friday wanting to know if I could get his yard ready by Saturday afternoon because his daughters wedding was that day. I went and looked at his property and it was about a 5 hour job. I left his property pulled into the Mc Donalds parking lot made up a bid for about $700 in about 10 min emailed it. By 530pm the customer called me back and asked what it would take to get it done that night I told him $1500. he said done and by 730pm me and my crew were starting work. the original bid had about 350 profit built into it with the customer wanting it done NOW and willing to pay for it put me over $1100 for 5 hours of work

I home this is a little better and less confusing, and while I haven't been doing this for long I would like to help others in any way I can

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

drgregw

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 28, 2015
This a great post! Whenever I envision the Fastlane success I see something like e-commerce or website design or copy writing and I don't really have any of those skills. Learning is an option but with a family and a full time slowlane job I could only dedicate a few hours a night so the task seems daunting. I'll definitely check out the posts by Sinister and Fox. Do you have a plan to make this venture Fastlane?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
There is a plan to make this fastlane, they involve slowly over the next 4 years or so putting the systems in place to where my roll becomes less and less in the company.

Right now I still have my full time job. As well as a wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat a gaggle of geese and a flock of chickens. I tried working after my job but getting home the my time was so spread thin that I changed my routine. When I get home it is all about my family. My bedtime is 9 pm and normally im up by 2 or 3 am. That is when the work and study time happens

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
In hindsight I just realized my title should have said how I got to my first 1000 profit. Sorry for causing confusion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm confused. How did you get your first $1000 profit? There's no mention of your process other than you alluded you did it via your known skills, landscape and excavating.

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
I want to apologize in trying to write some epic thread because i was so exited about finally giving back. That i tried to be someone I'm not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.