• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION My failed poor executions

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by LittleWolfie, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,726
    I'm banging my head on my keyboard here my friend but I am really rooting for you!

Kruiser and ZCP like this.
  2. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $21,115
    hang in Steve. there is positive progress.

Kung Fu Steve likes this.
  3. LittleWolfie

LittleWolfie Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $480

There is exactly the same amount of positive progress as before, all I did was use other synonyms to better reflect my attitude. So since there is positive progress now, their must have been positive progress before which nobody saw. I kept trying to explain this concept.

I literally need a better Thesaurus, because I need to say things with the same literal meaning in another (more positive) tone. This comes back to how can your writings better reflect your attitude.

Perhaps a retrospect on what I stated earlier in this thread, in light of this new information, might be informative.

ZCP likes this.
  4. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $480
    That would be great, telegram is easier to handle with latency, however it requires synchronous communication, email can at least be asynchronous. If it is 24 hours reply that can wait ten hours. I could go for telegram type synchronous chat of course, however I'd need higher income to justify it since I'd be giving up (irregular) work

This looks like it could be a very good fit, in the I'm good and enjoy doing it category. We need to see if I can add value and show that I have added value easily with these datasheets

Here's an attempt at a data sheet for Ubuntu inspired by Bob Bly, I've included the top ten long tail keywords from keywords.io in the metadata (I'm surprised at how few PDFs bother with that. All of the headers are long tail too.) I wanted to make sure it was searchable, so there might be a chance to add value there.

Ubuntu Header.pdf

For a real one where I was paid money, I'd probably outsource the graphics on fiverr.

That's why I do it at the beginning of the day (or night if I'm on a night shift) and go to bed earlier, instead of wasting time watching TV or playing on the internet. So a business model that can be scheduled works or one (like the Instagram) that can quickly take off and get me to doing that full time can work well for me right now. I can always change the niche as I progress or get better.

ZCP likes this.
  5. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $480
    I've received a null result form my first draft at technical writing/datasheet SEO, so I've no idea if this is value add or not.

Not sure, if it should be abandoned or kept on the back burner. Been looking in my locale for work(doorknocking, flyers, pub, newspaper nor on groups in larger areas.) There are no groups locally)

All I have received so far is offers of joining MLMs and working for "exposure". Got one offer that I thought was going to be contracting for crypto job (excellent) set up hosting area for smart contract(turnkeyICO.eth) got environment all set up, guy turned out to be a penniless liar. So now I'm out £50 and a whole day. I'm way too trusting.

a lack of any work that really fits a portfolio easily. I mean I can show you the code, but I never did much in the way of front end, so there's no pretty picture. I could show you a terminal though!

So I need to take another approach there. Have to figure out how I can show my ability, to me it's obvious. If I couldn't do it, I would't have my qualifications. So here is the qualification, feel free to confirm them. That however doesn't seem to translate to recruiters,clients etc.

Then I use this to fund a fastlane gig, by going to the meetups etc.

My current theory

A lack of a network is causing a struggle, perhaps I can buy in to one?

I'm wondering if people are making wrong first impressions of me for some unknown reason, or if there is some unknown that is holding me back.

I can test this by applying or contacting people with a nom de plume. If they are not be prejudiced, then it should make no difference, if I get better results then they are and I can investigate further.

Coupling with emphasise the hard of hearing and best to work with the written word this could work well. -

Working hard on trying to make my words better reflect a positive emotional state. That is at least simple and easy with automated systems to give me feedback. (Check out the number of words ending in nt) I'm now able to automatically write in a manner that the emotional analysis software plugs at a level of sadness below 0.5,and have good ideas of alternate phrasing I can attempt to make it lower. It is also really helpful, in getting me to read between the lines. I can see if someone is posting an angry comment or a silly one.

Started work on trying to make a visual resume

ZCP likes this.
  6. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $480
    As you may be aware I have been struggling with the concept of the right mindset, and following the emotions people are using and displaying the right emotions.

I now have a machine learning algorithm, that can tell me the emotional state in some writing. Perhaps I could sell that to people whom have trouble? If a most of the people here maintain that mindset matters most, then I can now predict success based on whom has the highest confidence and joy and whom has the lowest sadness and anger. For instance I can see that @LilyRich has more confidence than @Neville Medhora does in their intro, with about equal amounts of happiness.

There is potential for a product here, just providing identification of emotional tone. It looks like with this aid, I will be able to perform much better in written communication than audio or visual ones, so that is something to be taken into consideration in my identification of where I can add value.

This is a problem for approx 10% of the world, an English language solution is available for an estimated one hundred and fifty million people(Including myself) 10 % of English speakers. Their has to be a fastlane in their somewhere.

For me this feels like when I got my first pair of glasses as a child , I very rapidly went form being at the back of the class in reading ability to one of the top five. I literally just needed help to see the tone.

I'm also working on learning how to re-write in a more positive manner. That is now the showstopper for me. I note that I seem to have a rather analytical tone (Hardly a surprise, however it is interesting just how strong and clear it comes across)

I'm also not projecting much confidence in my writings, so that is something I need to work on. I'm not sure if confidence is more, equal to or less important than sadness or anger tone. Does an analytical non confident tone, sound marketable?

The hardest part after detecting the emotional content of the word (which the computer can do for me now) and knowing what emotion is desired, is moving away form the analytical phrasing.

Below is an example of where this method has been employed in order to remove the sadness and anger, of an article while ensuring that the author's meaning was kept.

This work was especially tricky where the author employs a colourful turn of phrase in an insulting manner , however it will still be obvious to a native English speaker, even without the insulting tone.
    The original text is here Shops open all hours around the Christmas period and mine is below.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    ZCP likes this.
  7. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $480
    Goal 3 (Make some money online) Achieved

I sold a story about an intelligent dinosaur(for a charitable donation in my name, so I wasn't money changing, just trying to see if I could add value(would the income of covered the cost of electric to write it and the bandwidth to send it? Of course it was much too small to provide that kind of return on investment, the ROI was negative. Is there a large market for stories about intelligent dinosaurs? I doubt it, however even the greatest of journeys must begin with just one small step.

Goal 2 Progress (better tone) ( I have a medical issue, that makes detecting tones like trying to see without my glasses(affects roughly 10% of the population) my better thesauruses shows my which words are sad or angry or happy and allows me to reflect a positive mindset in my writings better. A massive shout out to @Outoftouch for working through this with me in convos(great value add) and to @ZCP for rephrasing things.

I've included some image to show you what it looks like in use (anger is red, sadness blue and joy yellow(imagine your colour blind looking at these pictures and you get an idea of where I am coming from as @Out of Touch said this helped with understanding where I was coming from in my writing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the plus side it's hard to get me riled up because I simply am unable to recognise your anger

Next Goal 2 Identify what @ZCP meant by me being
    I've literally no idea where I'm giving the perception of "stubbornly refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action"(obstinate) (indeed I've repeatedly asked for different approaches, alternative phrasing to aid my comprehension, are people unwilling to explain or unable to because they lack understanding themselves? Nor where I'm focusing on things "of little value or importance" because I'm not sure what is of high value and importance. Hopefully between this software, my conversations and new thesauruses, I can prevent this.

I'm using the software on my job application/CV/Cover letters, so I'm able to project a more positive tone, this has lead to an increase frequency in responses rate which is excellent, although I have not found a better job yet.

Goal 1 -still limited progress. (I've read through most of bob bly's work thanks)@OutOftouch

I especially think the datasheets could be a good fit for me(I'm working on that and trying to identify whom they would add the most value to and identify them. A task based charge (per datasheet) has the advantage of hitting the Scale (automation brings an advantage to me) There must be a Need as other people sell them and I think the technical language provides a t least a small barrier to Control. I've done up some other kind of technical writing too.

An interesting approach (I cribbed form an Austrian(edit English translations of German manuals(since I have basic German and a little cultural understanding both ways, I can improve the phrasing in a way an English as a second language person would be unable to do. While learning German is a small effort (high psychological) barrier to entry for a native English speaker plus their is technical complexity to understand (another barrier.) A few small barriers can reduce entrants too)

ZCP and Out of Touch like this.
  8. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $480
    Goal 2 Great progress. (With Goal 3 achieved and Goal 1 relying on this goal. Regardless of numbering goal 2 is now my primary goal and goal 1 my secondary.

I'm now at the point where I can usually express my point, without sounding anger(occasionally sadness creeps in) Without relying on the machine, working through it with varying phrases, has been a real help as I it gave me (almost) reak time feedback,

I've noticed that I'm often flagged as writing tentatively, whereas a lot of people on here who are successful (and even those who are less successful, sound confident. I've yet to figure out how to sound confident about something I know to be true. Possibly due to a lack of hyperbole on my part (its just rather forced, uncomfortable and far from the truth)

I do sound very analytical, so I need to find an area where tentativeness and anayltical-ness is appreciated becuase that's well natural and easy. Who values that?

Goal 3 Small progress. Had some response on another thread(I think this long one derails people a little) as to possible approaches. I've hit the wall at identifying how to get in front of the target market(does this mean the marke tis absence or that my marketing skills are too sub-par?)

Possible Niches? Your thoughts

Appen and gig sites struggling- Next attempt Blocklance and Ethlancer because ETH can be exchanged for goods and services too!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Out of Touch and ZCP like this.
  9. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $21,115
    Out of Touch likes this.
  10. LittleWolfie

Rep Bank:
    $480
    Short on time.

A customer. I'm still unaware what value, I can add to whom where.

Constructive criticism on my datasheets and technical writing.

A 64 bit laptop capable of running Ubuntu so I can run docker more often.
    • 2 GHz (64 bit) dual core processor.
    • 2 GiB RAM (system memory)
    • 25 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
    • VGA capable of 1024x768 screen resolution.
    • Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.