The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Crazy Idea ...

Idea threads

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Hi im Joker aka JokerCrazyBeatz . I've been fascinated with music all my life and about the age 15-16 while my mom was in the hospital for surgery i stumbled on how i could be a musician and since then ive been working to become successful at it. <-- (Back Story) . Fast forward today and ive sold a goodly amount of beatz (hey i know goodly isnt a real word) . To the point i was making about $1k - $2k a month while still working my 9-5 which i plan to escape soon. So today i come to you with a new idea i formulated , its not a new concept but the idea to apply it for selling beatz is new (i believe) . Here is my site ---> http://jokercrazymusic.com/onedollardeal/ . The reason i wasnt able to quit my job was because the sales from my beatz werent automated enough where i KNEW each month id make money. So i fomulated this idea of a monthly payment plan where i knew id be getting passive income every month. Ive already got a good 2-3 people signed up. Now my trouble is i believe my idea is good but im just not good at getting traffic , writing copy , and being a greate salesman YET. Could anyone help and give tips on how i can improve or even a better way to get my idea off the ground? My plan is to be the mcdonalds of beatz , i wanna be everywhere over the internet and i know this will take time and alot of learning.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Strong first post! Your questions are pretty unspecific, but you're apparently a man of action so I don't think this is a waste of time. Check out Andy's Adwords Post, it's seriously one of the internet's most valuable advertising/marketing resources.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Strong first post! Your questions are pretty unspecific, but you're apparently a man of action so I don't think this is a waste of time. Check out Andy's Adwords Post, it's seriously one of the internet's most valuable advertising/marketing resources.
Ok thank you I'll deff check that right now , but my question is do you have any suggestions on improvments on the copy of my site . Maybe i should add or take away anything or just a general grade of the appearance. Haha I guess i wants super specific.

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
I think you would get a lot more signups if your website was setup a little differently. For instance when I clicked the link I am hit in the face with giant text and a red banner with a generic question. I was kind of thrown off as to what it is you were trying to get people to sign up for. If I had not read your initial post I probably would have left the site and not looked further into it. A few questions potential customers might have: What is jokercrazy's platinum club? Is there a website explaining what Jokercrazy beatz is all about - what makes you different? What is the basis for this? I think you should have put "Stop searching everywhere for beatz" or "Beatz at your fingertips" as the headline to draw people in. As of now it looks very generic. Many times it is the first impression that gets the customer.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I think you would get a lot more signups if your website was setup a little differently. For instance when I clicked the link I am hit in the face with giant text and a red banner with a generic question. I was kind of thrown off as to what it is you were trying to get people to sign up for. If I had not read your initial post I probably would have left the site and not looked further into it. A few questions potential customers might have: What is jokercrazy's platinum club? Is there a website explaining what Jokercrazy beatz is all about - what makes you different? What is the basis for this? I think you should have put "Stop searching everywhere for beatz" or "Beatz at your fingertips" as the headline to draw people in. As of now it looks very generic. Many times it is the first impression that gets the customer.
Thank you , I've already implemented your suggestion for the headline , should i also create a place explaining more about what the platinum club is ?

ProblemSolver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2014
Orlando
Maybe people who will use your site would get it but I have no idea what you are offering.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Maybe people who will use your site would get it but I have no idea what you are offering.
Im offering $1 beatz if people join my club , is there a better way i can represent this?

ProblemSolver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 18, 2014
Orlando
Im offering $1 beatz if people join my club , is there a better way i can represent this?

I have no idea what Beatz are. Like I said, maybe the person interested in using your service would get it. I have no clue though. I assume some sort of music. Maybe it is your personal music or maybe it belongs to multiple people. You mentioned a one stop shop, this makes me think it is from multiple sources. Maybe offer a sample of what you are offering so people know what they are purchasing?

I am not your target market, so I am not sure my suggestions would be helpful. Just throwing it out there.

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
Thank you , I've already implemented your suggestion for the headline , should i also create a place explaining more about what the platinum club is ?
If you want people to sign up for something they need to know what it is that they are signing up for. I absolutley think there needs to be more of a description as to what they are joining. Do this in a streamlined and simple way. There is no need for a novel like description. Also would it be possible to implement some of the cool colors of the WWW.JOKERCRAZYBEATZ.NET into your landing page? I think it would make potential customers feel as if they are still dealing with the same company and a little more comfortable (willing) to sign up.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I have no idea what Beatz are. Like I said, maybe the person interested in using your service would get it. I have no clue though. I assume some sort of music. Maybe it is your personal music or maybe it belongs to multiple people. You mentioned a one stop shop, this makes me think it is from multiple sources. Maybe offer a sample of what you are offering so people know what they are purchasing?

I am not your target market, so I am not sure my suggestions would be helpful. Just throwing it out there.
Oh ok well I'm a music producer , I make instrumentals or beats (beatz in the hiphop/rap community)

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
If you want people to sign up for something they need to know what it is that they are signing up for. I absolutley think there needs to be more of a description as to what they are joining. Do this in a streamlined and simple way. There is no need for a novel like description. Also would it be possible to implement some of the cool colors of the WWW.JOKERCRAZYBEATZ.NET into your landing page? I think it would make potential customers feel as if they are still dealing with the same company and a little more comfortable (willing) to sign up.
Wow I already enjoy this forum haha, so much great feedback , but I definently will give a better discription . And I will focus on changing the color scheme if I can (I'm sort of new to the whole optimize press setup)

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
Oh ok well I'm a music producer , I make instrumentals or beats (beatz in the hiphop/rap community)
Definitely add this to the landing page (the fact that you make instrumentals or beats). I too was very confused about what exactly you offered.
Also; why would I, assuming I'm into producing hiphop music, choose your service? I already have a broad variety of sample packs and know my way around FL studio / Ableton. In my opinion, add something like how big your 'library' is and what it contains. (You wrote something about leasing certain rights, I don't know what this is sorry)

Also: Focus less on the "I" (you). Remember this is not about what YOU want or do, it is about what you can offer to the customer. ("I know for one that IM not always near a computer and I'm sure you aren't either", this for example)

Check out this website for tips on copywriting. The facts vs the benefits are important.

Last edited:

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Definitely add this to the landing page (the fact that you make instrumentals or beats). I too was very confused about what exactly you offered.
Also; why would I, assuming I'm into producing hiphop music, choose your service? I already have a broad variety of sample packs and know my way around FL studio / Ableton. In my opinion, add something like how big your 'library' is and what it contains. (You wrote something about leasing certain rights, I don't know what this is sorry)

Also: Focus less on the "I" (you). Remember this is not about what YOU want or do, it is about what you can offer to the customer. ("I know for one that IM not always near a computer and I'm sure you aren't either", this for example)

Check out this website for tips on copywriting. The facts vs the benefits are important.
I agreee with everything except the first part where I need to define what I do , my plan is to market to the rappers and singers who already purchase beatz online and know what "beatz" and "leasing rights" are

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
How are you going to market?
I usually do through Twitter and Instagram , I usually have a autoreply to rappers/singers who spam me links to listen to their music , and also I created a auto Twitter messenger for people who follow me on Twitter , I usually get about anywhere from 200-400 new followers a week on Twitter (usually musicians) that I let my autoresponder message about my offer for $1 beatz . Also I'm on a site called Soundclick which is basically the #1 beat selling site online and I get a bit of traffic there but what I'm tryin to do is not rely on the engines of Soundclick to get me noticed and do it for myself

king156

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Feb 26, 2016
I usually do through Twitter and Instagram , I usually have a autoreply to rappers/singers who spam me links to listen to their music , and also I created a auto Twitter messenger for people who follow me on Twitter , I usually get about anywhere from 200-400 new followers a week on Twitter (usually musicians) that I let my autoresponder message about my offer for $1 beatz . Also I'm on a site called Soundclick which is basically the #1 beat selling site online and I get a bit of traffic there but what I'm tryin to do is not rely on the engines of Soundclick to get me noticed and do it for myself
marketing thro insta or twitter is ot marketing. Right now you don't have a business just an expensive hobby

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
marketing thro insta or twitter is ot marketing. Right now you don't have a business just an expensive hobby
I figured that much , so I'm trying to take the steps to turn it into a profitable business , I personally know people that make about $10-20k monthly from selling beatz , I try to get info from them but it's like I'm always missing something and they can't help me find the missing piece because they don't have the exact formula or can't tell what I'm doing wrong

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
How many beatz per year does a person need to buy to make this a better deal than buying beatz individually?
See this is whats hard to track because every artist works differently , some record every single day of their life , and some make about 1 song a month , and some are just in between they may record alot at some points and then dont record at all for a long while

D

Deleted37035

Might help if it doesn't just look like text. If you broke up your landing page with a "Sneak Peek" or a inside look at the interface
and what they actually get for their subscription. Also, You might experiment with having the price at the END vs right when they get there.
Just trying to provide value, there are guys on here that have more experience and insight than I.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Might help if it doesn't just look like text. If you broke up your landing page with a "Sneak Peek" or a inside look at the interface
and what they actually get for their subscription. Also, You might experiment with having the price at the END vs right when they get there.
Just trying to provide value, there are guys on here that have more experience and insight than I.
I was thinking about doing a "opt-in" but i already have list with a 500 people limit and my list is at like 400+ but all of them are dead leads and i dont want to increase my sign in capacity if im not getting payed for it. But i will deff see how it works with the purchase button only at the bottom

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
From producer to producer. I can offer some helpful tips.

Just being honest, not sure how well a monthly subscription for beats would work. I know the majority of artists like to buy the beats they like whether its 1 or 10 and keep it moving.

Getting traffic is the easiest. The biggest task to conquer would be why should an artist buy beats from you. Premium hip hop beats? Astounding price? Every beat maker online has that. Who are you? Where's your about page? What do you even look like? What makes you different so I can pull out my credit card? Whats the benefit?

I suggest that you setup your website with your beat player/store on it. Soundclick is cool but I think having your own central site is much better because you have more control. Plus, soundclick isn't automated for selling beats.

You want to be the McDonalds of beats? So, at least you know what your are trying to do. Me? I want to be the Apple/Starbucks of beats. I know what artists want. My problem has been translating that to pure value & trust. I'm working on that now.

Check out all of Postman's videos from Live Off Beats, that will help you get on track --> youtube.com/liveoffbeats

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
From producer to producer. I can offer some helpful tips.

Just being honest, not sure how well a monthly subscription for beats would work. I know the majority of artists like to buy the beats they like whether its 1 or 10 and keep it moving.

Getting traffic is the easiest. The biggest task to conquer would be why should an artist buy beats from you. Premium hip hop beats? Astounding price? Every beat maker online has that. Who are you? Where's your about page? What do you even look like? What makes you different so I can pull out my credit card? Whats the benefit?

I suggest that you setup your website with your beat player/store on it. Soundclick is cool but I think having your own central site is much better because you have more control. Plus, soundclick isn't automated for selling beats.

You want to be the McDonalds of beats? So, at least you know what your are trying to do. Me? I want to be the Apple/Starbucks of beats. I know what artists want. My problem has been translating that to pure value & trust. I'm working on that now.

Check out all of Postman's videos from Live Off Beats, that will help you get on track --> youtube.com/liveoffbeats
Actually I scrapped the subscription idea and am now focused on a whole different idea for providing value for starting artists that have already recorded their first project or song , if you want to know please contact me . I'm looking for more producers to join in on it

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Actually I scrapped the subscription idea and am now focused on a whole different idea for providing value for starting artists that have already recorded their first project or song , if you want to know please contact me . I'm looking for more producers to join in on it
Let's chop it up.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
I figured that much , so I'm trying to take the steps to turn it into a profitable business , I personally know people that make about $10-20k monthly from selling beatz , I try to get info from them but it's like I'm always missing something and they can't help me find the missing piece because they don't have the exact formula or can't tell what I'm doing wrong

Can you take a careful look at their businesses and try to find a common theme, what they do similarly to each other? Maybe there could be some hints of success.

Much luck with your business, and my feedback would be:

- It would be good if visitors can listen to some beats right there on the page

- The value proposition doesn't seem too clear...basically I agree with this:

I know the majority of artists like to buy the beats they like whether its 1 or 10 and keep it moving.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
@JokerCrazyBeatz how is it going so far?
Scrapped the membership for beatz idea b/c it wasnt valuable enough , just focused on improving my copy and selling my beatz the regular way to pay for the new idea im working on which i feel brings MUCH more value to the consumer .

I surveyed a few of my new customers and they say the new idea im working on would be something they deff would be interested in . Its all music related and it ties in together.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
I'd put the info regarding artists who you have worked with or used your beats somewhere prominent, adds more value to your offering, authority, influence, and helps show WHY and who else has benefited from your past work.

Nice/Impressive to know that you have produced for Curren$y.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.