The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Brain: Greatest asset/ Worst enemy.

Anything related to matters of the mind

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to share my story and see if there's anyone who can identify with what im experienceing.

My only real question is:
How do you guys deal with self doubt?
Or are you so confident, that you never doubt yourselfs?

Some background:
I have this great (slowlane) job, that i've really worked my a$$ of to get.. Several years ago i saw my current firm as the greatest workplace in the world. Back then i felt it was unreachable for me.. I put the place on a pedistal and I used to think to myself : "Man..you need to be F*cking phenomenal just to get an interview at that place.. Those guys are the shit"
Eventually after some years in the industry i'd finally built up the skills and reputation needed to land a job there..
In the beginning it was awesome, and i was stoked that id finally landed my dream job.

That feeling has changed.
Ive decided to leave my "dream-job" to follow my true dream! To become my own boss.

Ive always been a very creative person, with alot of ideas floating around in my head..and since i work in advertising (as an art director) that really comes in handy.. Im usually the guy to ask, when you want to come up with something new, crazy or "outside the box".
For some time now, ive been using this creativity to come up with different business-ideas, mostly in the tech-area, but also in other more analog areas :)
Theese ideas + some freelance design jobs (to put food on my table for the first month/years,) will be my "new job".

My first seed
When i read TMF it was like a revelation for me.. I realised Im the one to blame for my lack of sucess.. Not my childhood, not bad luck.. Me!
This fired me up like a rocked!
I immediatley began to bring some of my ideas to life.. And for a few weeks i was unstoppable.. I felt like i could take over the world.. In a short period of time, i created and sold one of my smaller ideas to a company, that will give me about 7500 $ each year in royalites..(expected sale)
About 25h work are now giving me 7500$ for the next 5-10? years (more with some luck).. And this is without me doing jack shit with it ever again.. This money alone isnt enough to live of by itself offcourse, but the feeling of planting my first "seed" was truely amazing..

Ive also started my main-project..
This project has been my dream for several years.. Since i came up with the idea, Ive been sketching designs of it for a long time, but never had the guts to present it to the people who could help me make it real. (It takes some serious money and really advanced coding. (Ive managed to learn some html, css and JS.. But this is on a whole other level..)

I finally got my head out of my a$$, and this idea is now beeing developed by a developer company that ive partnered up with.. They were static about the Idea, and wanted to be a part of it.. The prototype will be ready in late feb 2016, ready to be presented to various investors.. (wich i will really need to pull this of).

But here's the problem.
Now im starting to get doubts.. "Who am i trying to fool" "im not smart enough to pull this of" "i wont make it" "i will be bankrupted in 3 month" "why waste my time, people will laugh at me for even trying" "The investors will look at me and see that im not smart enough"

Even reading some of your posts makes me doubt myself "Damn theese guys are really smart.. What am i doing here"

My mindset is like a F*cking rollercoaster! One day i'm on top of the world, and the other day i feel like i belong in a dark hole somewere.. My mind has been like this for as long as i can remember..This is frustrating as hell!

Worth mentioning is that Ive struggled with anxiety almost all my life. This has taken me on some dark journeys that im not exactly proud of.. hospitalization, self medication, and even suicide plans.
But by alot of hard work and personal development, ive managed to get rid of my anxiety. But theese episodes of no confidence and self doubt seems to stick with me..
And im not talking about good/bad days.. Im talking of weekly periods with eather superman confidence or scared little rabbit mentality.. (And it can happen over night, for no explainable reason)

Is there anyone out there who feels like this? Or is my brain just damaged goods?
And if there is someone who can relate to this, what do you do when you have theese episodes?

I would really appreciate some pointers on this topic, and if anyone needs some help/tips in the area of graphic design i will gladly be of assistance..I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors.. English is not my first language.

Best regards!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Now im starting to get doubts.. "Who am i trying to fool" "im not smart enough to pull this of" "i wont make it" "i will be bankrupted in 3 month" "why waste my time, people will laugh at me for even trying" "The investors will look at me and see that im not smart enough"

Even reading some of your posts makes me doubt myself "Damn theese guys are really smart.. What am i doing here"
Well, you are smart enough to recognize that you perceive limitations.

If you could boil everything down to the very basics it would be "zero F*cks given".

Why do you care about other peoples opinions?
Why do you worry about not succeeding the first time?
Why are you worried about other investors opinions?
Why do you..... (fill in the blanks)

Your entire post is talking about self limitation. It is all in your perception. Change that and you can move forward.

I used to be fairly timid. It was not possible to talk to a crowd. Anyone with (perceived) authority would make me shake in my shoes. I looked up to those with higher education. It would frustrate me when people talked about me or to me in a derogatory fashion.

Now, I don't give a F*ck about what anyone else thinks. I can walk into a business meeting wearing shorts and tee shirts while everyone else feels obligated to wear ties. If anyone says anything negative about things that I do, I can let it roll right off my shoulders. If I lose money.... oh well. I can find a way to recover and make more.

As you say, it is really your mind that is messing with you. It is an easy fix... simply look inside yourself.

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
Well, you are smart enough to recognize that you perceive limitations.

If you could boil everything down to the very basics it would be "zero F*cks given".

Why do you care about other peoples opinions?
Why do you worry about not succeeding the first time?
Why are you worried about other investors opinions?
Why do you..... (fill in the blanks)

Your entire post is talking about self limitation. It is all in your perception. Change that and you can move forward.

I used to be fairly timid. It was not possible to talk to a crowd. Anyone with (perceived) authority would make me shake in my shoes. I looked up to those with higher education. It would frustrate me when people talked about me or to me in a derogatory fashion.

Now, I don't give a F*ck about what anyone else thinks. I can walk into a business meeting wearing shorts and tee shirts while everyone else feels obligated to wear ties. If anyone says anything negative about things that I do, I can let it roll right off my shoulders. If I lose money.... oh well. I can find a way to recover and make more.

As you say, it is really your mind that is messing with you. It is an easy fix... simply look inside yourself.

THANK YOU.
This almost feels crazy, but I can’t tell you how much your words just made me realize things. You are so totally F*cking right on the spot.

Ivé honestly never even looked at it that way before,
or even realized the real problem..
But thinking about it now, its exactly as you’re saying.

In all cases, ”other peoples thoughts” are the common denominator.
Thinking about it, i think that has been my problem in many other areas as well,
and what you described about looking up to people with higher education etc, is exactly what I’ve always been doing as well..

Damn, sometimes you really can’t see the forest for all the trees…

I´m truly grateful for this! Thank you!

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
On my mirror at home I have a post-it note that says "Who is your biggest challenge today", of course its always me.

Over time with practice and becoming aware of yourself, you will realise this is a self doubting pattern; and once you are aware of it, you can change how you feel about it.
I have not beaten my inner demon, its always going to be there.
In fact, I like it because I can just say "F*ck you" to it and the buzz you get overcoming that, is immense.

“The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome.” – George R. R. Martin

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
On my mirror at home I have a post-it note that says "Who is your biggest challenge today", of course its always me.

Over time with practice and becoming aware of yourself, you will realise this is a self doubting pattern; and once you are aware of it, you can change how you feel about it.
I have not beaten my inner demon, its always going to be there.
In fact, I like it because I can just say "F*ck you" to it and the buzz you get overcoming that, is immense.

“The unseen enemy is always the most fearsome.” – George R. R. Martin

Love that!
Going to say "F*ck you" to my demon as well!
Thanks man

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Is there anyone out there who feels like this? Or is my brain just damaged goods?
And if there is someone who can relate to this, what do you do when you have theese episodes?

Yep, I can relate.

I'm currently working on an e-comm idea and there are moments when action slows or stops because of what's going on emotionally and mentally -- the self-doubt, the "it'll never work", the "who are you to think YOU can do this"...all that bullshit. When this happens, I use these thoughts as a cue that the work I need to do in that moment is on my mindset.

So I take pen to paper and break it down. Why am I convinced it won't work? Is there any evidence? If I haven't done the thing YET, then there's ZERO evidence I'll fail until I actually do the thing. Usually breaking it down like this leads to a realization that I'm dealing with a made-up problem, and allows me to move past it. I make the decision that FEAR - especially fear based on something that doesn't exist right now - isn't a legitimate reason not to do a thing.

I also find it helpful to remember that fear of what other people think of me is not proof of people thinking those things, it's only proof that I'm thinking those things. It is very easy for we humans to project our thoughts and feelings onto others, and pretend it's other people judging us when it's ourselves. And it's an insidious way of giving up control.

When people do announce their negative thoughts and criticisms - again I find it's helpful to break that down too. How does that actually effect me...do other people's thoughts about me create actual, REAL obstacles or problems for me? Do their thoughts about me actually effect my life in ANY way? The answer is almost always NO. :)

Last edited:

Richie_Sage

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 31, 2015
I imagine doubt being a liability rather than an asset in the past, when humans lived and thrived in animal/gatherer societies. Doubting could mean death, after all you had to make quick decisions or else it would mean death. Nowadays, I think doubt can be quite useful, if you don't view it as nuisance. By doubting something you can make better choices. You think about the consequences long-term/short-term, about the alternatives and all in's and out's. It makes you stop and think, but of course, there's another side of the coin. Doubting could lead to over-thinking and excuse making which is not useful at all, your frontal cortex might get hijacked by your amygdala and stir up some more uncomfortable feelings and leave you without any desire for action taking. Hm... simply said, if you know what's right - do it. Don't over-think. My suggestion for you would be to read what Seth Godin has to say about amygdala. It gives some clarity. ;-)

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
Yep, I can relate.

I'm currently working on an e-comm idea and there are moments when action slows or stops because of what's going on emotionally and mentally -- the self-doubt, the "it'll never work", the "who are you to think YOU can do this"...all that bullshit. When this happens, I use these thoughts as a cue that the work I need to do in that moment is on my mindset.

So I take pen to paper and break it down. Why am I convinced it won't work? Is there any evidence? If I haven't done the thing YET, then there's ZERO evidence I'll fail until I actually do the thing. Usually breaking it down like this leads to a realization that I'm dealing with a made-up problem, and allows me to move past it. I make the decision that FEAR - especially fear based on something that doesn't exist right now - isn't a legitimate reason not to do a thing.

I also find it helpful to remember that fear of what other people think of me is not proof of people thinking those things, it's only proof that I'm thinking those things. It is very easy for we humans to project our thoughts and feelings onto others, and pretend it's other people judging us when it's ourselves. And it's an insidious way of giving up control.

When people do announce their negative thoughts and criticisms - again I find it's helpful to break that down too. How does that actually effect me...do other people's thoughts about me create actual, REAL obstacles or problems for me? Do their thoughts about me actually effect my life in ANY way? The answer is almost always NO. :)

Thank you very much for these tips!
Truely awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
I imagine doubt being a liability rather than an asset in the past, when humans lived and thrived in animal/gatherer societies. Doubting could mean death, after all you had to make quick decisions or else it would mean death. Nowadays, I think doubt can be quite useful, if you don't view it as nuisance. By doubting something you can make better choices. You think about the consequences long-term/short-term, about the alternatives and all in's and out's. It makes you stop and think, but of course, there's another side of the coin. Doubting could lead to over-thinking and excuse making which is not useful at all, your frontal cortex might get hijacked by your amygdala and stir up some more uncomfortable feelings and leave you without any desire for action taking. Hm... simply said, if you know what's right - do it. Don't over-think. My suggestion for you would be to read what Seth Godin has to say about amygdala. It gives some clarity. ;-)

Ill check this out as well! Thanks alot!

Ive got more clarity from this forum in 24h than several years of psychotherapy

Madhu

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Sep 9, 2015
This is how I cope with self doubt:

1. Make a clear list of your goals. If possible find photos that relate to your goals. Create a board that shows you dreams and the steps you are going to realise them.
2. When you feel doubt creeping on you, don't fight it. Instead, give yourself time to explore these doubts. 10 minutes of doubt time is plenty.
3. After your 'doubt session' review your goals. I find that this usually makes the doubts melt away.
4. If the doubt is still there, sit down and write a pros and cons list. Try to focus on what would be the biggest con if you followed your dream and failed and the biggest con if you didn't follow your dream.

I find this really helpful. It either provides a solution to the doubt or it puts things in perspective by making me realise that giving into the doubt would be more painful than trying and then failing.

I also find that starting the day and making a clear list of what I want to achieve for that day is really helpful. If you know exactly what you want to do each day, and you aren't wasting time figuring out what to do next, then it's a lot harder for doubt to sink in.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
When you feel doubt creeping on you, don't fight it. Instead, give yourself time to explore these doubts. 10 minutes of doubt time is plenty.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
This is how I cope with self doubt:

1. Make a clear list of your goals. If possible find photos that relate to your goals. Create a board that shows you dreams and the steps you are going to realise them.
2. When you feel doubt creeping on you, don't fight it. Instead, give yourself time to explore these doubts. 10 minutes of doubt time is plenty.
3. After your 'doubt session' review your goals. I find that this usually makes the doubts melt away.
4. If the doubt is still there, sit down and write a pros and cons list. Try to focus on what would be the biggest con if you followed your dream and failed and the biggest con if you didn't follow your dream.

I find this really helpful. It either provides a solution to the doubt or it puts things in perspective by making me realise that giving into the doubt would be more painful than trying and then failing.

I also find that starting the day and making a clear list of what I want to achieve for that day is really helpful. If you know exactly what you want to do each day, and you aren't wasting time figuring out what to do next, then it's a lot harder for doubt to sink in.

Really makes sense! Thank you very much!
Highly appreciated!!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
sounds like maybe you have some negative self talk and negative thinking going on. Everyone has that. Anxiety just depends on how severe it is, and what are you doing to manage it. Deep relaxation techniques, EFT, NLP, Meditation, chewing gum, going to the gym, walking, biking, swimming, breathing techniques. Really it's just like everyone else, learning to control your thoughts, emotions, and feelings.

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
sounds like maybe you have some negative self talk and negative thinking going on. Everyone has that. Anxiety just depends on how severe it is, and what are you doing to manage it. Deep relaxation techniques, EFT, NLP, Meditation, chewing gum, going to the gym, walking, biking, swimming, breathing techniques. Really it's just like everyone else, learning to control your thoughts, emotions, and feelings.

Yes, youre right..
The anxiety-part was a total downward spiral totally created and fed by my own negative thinking..

Before i figured that out, I was totally lost for several years, trying to find out what was going on.. I was actually hospitalized and put on tranqulizers when my body just couldnt take it any more..

After Reading all your comments, i finally see that this thing totally origins from the same source..

Im truely happy for all the comments in this thread, i really mean that..This has really helped me get some clarity.

Sometimes the answer really is right there infront of you.

I guess i still have some demon-fighting to take care of.. :)

Thank you all!

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Doubt is what will plague mankind for the next 1000's of years.
Essentially, we are still intelligent monkeys with guns and in terms of our instincts, our monkey brain is only concerned about food, mating and wondering where the next predator is coming from and how we will fight it or run from it.

As I have said above, doubt is just a pattern that your brain has remembered maybe from your childhood or adulthood life that recognizes a train of thought which will then trigger your brain to feed it with doubtful emotions.
Of course, you brain is very intelligent, it just wants you to be safe and the fear of the unknown has been associated with the feeling of pain, so essentially its doing its job, it protecting you from the demon. (Your brain exaggerates the size of the demon).

Personally I think when you write everything down in order to breakdown the doubt, I think you are feeding the demon it rather than just slaying it.

What you link pain to and what you link pleasure to will ultimately shape your destiny.

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to share my story and see if there's anyone who can identify with what im experienceing.

My only real question is:
How do you guys deal with self doubt?
Or are you so confident, that you never doubt yourselfs?

Some background:
I have this great (slowlane) job, that i've really worked my a$$ of to get.. Several years ago i saw my current firm as the greatest workplace in the world. Back then i felt it was unreachable for me.. I put the place on a pedistal and I used to think to myself : "Man..you need to be F*cking phenomenal just to get an interview at that place.. Those guys are the shit"
Eventually after some years in the industry i'd finally built up the skills and reputation needed to land a job there..
In the beginning it was awesome, and i was stoked that id finally landed my dream job.

That feeling has changed.
Ive decided to leave my "dream-job" to follow my true dream! To become my own boss.

Ive always been a very creative person, with alot of ideas floating around in my head..and since i work in advertising (as an art director) that really comes in handy.. Im usually the guy to ask, when you want to come up with something new, crazy or "outside the box".
For some time now, ive been using this creativity to come up with different business-ideas, mostly in the tech-area, but also in other more analog areas :)
Theese ideas + some freelance design jobs (to put food on my table for the first month/years,) will be my "new job".

My first seed
When i read TMF it was like a revelation for me.. I realised Im the one to blame for my lack of sucess.. Not my childhood, not bad luck.. Me!
This fired me up like a rocked!
I immediatley began to bring some of my ideas to life.. And for a few weeks i was unstoppable.. I felt like i could take over the world.. In a short period of time, i created and sold one of my smaller ideas to a company, that will give me about 7500 $ each year in royalites..(expected sale)
About 25h work are now giving me 7500$ for the next 5-10? years (more with some luck).. And this is without me doing jack shit with it ever again.. This money alone isnt enough to live of by itself offcourse, but the feeling of planting my first "seed" was truely amazing..

Ive also started my main-project..
This project has been my dream for several years.. Since i came up with the idea, Ive been sketching designs of it for a long time, but never had the guts to present it to the people who could help me make it real. (It takes some serious money and really advanced coding. (Ive managed to learn some html, css and JS.. But this is on a whole other level..)

I finally got my head out of my a$$, and this idea is now beeing developed by a developer company that ive partnered up with.. They were static about the Idea, and wanted to be a part of it.. The prototype will be ready in late feb 2016, ready to be presented to various investors.. (wich i will really need to pull this of).

But here's the problem.

My mindset is like a F*cking rollercoaster! One day i'm on top of the world, and the other day i feel like i belong in a dark hole somewere.. My mind has been like this for as long as i can remember..This is frustrating as hell!

Worth mentioning is that Ive struggled with anxiety almost all my life. This has taken me on some dark journeys that im not exactly proud of.. hospitalization, self medication, and even suicide plans.
But by alot of hard work and personal development, ive managed to get rid of my anxiety. But theese episodes of no confidence and self doubt seems to stick with me..
And im not talking about good/bad days.. Im talking of weekly periods with eather superman confidence or scared little rabbit mentality.. (And it can happen over night, for no explainable reason)

I would really appreciate some pointers on this topic, and if anyone needs some help/tips in the area of graphic design i will gladly be of assistance..I apologize for any spelling/grammar errors.. English is not my first language.

Best regards!

Is just in your head...I had this problem also. You should be logic and acknowledge those negative moments. Ignore them, they will pass away like the wind. Those thoughts come from lack of self confidence. This is a entire other topic, but in order to build self confidence you should practice "AUTO SUGGESTION" which means repeating to your self each morning and night what you want to be and what you want to do by strongly emotionalize the words and visualize those things. I recommend you a book called: "Think and Grow Rich" written by Napoleon Hill. This book will handle this lack of self confidence and help you go further.

Seriously, it's not only the work you are doing, but the mindset and your beliefs also. They must be congruent.

Good luck!

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
Is just in your head...I had this problem also. You should be logic and acknowledge those negative moments. Ignore them, they will pass away like the wind. Those thoughts come from lack of self confidence. This is a entire other topic, but in order to build self confidence you should practice "AUTO SUGGESTION" which means repeating to your self each morning and night what you want to be and what you want to do by strongly emotionalize the words and visualize those things. I recommend you a book called: "Think and Grow Rich" written by Napoleon Hill. This book will handle this lack of self confidence and help you go further.

Seriously, it's not only the work you are doing, but the mindset and your beliefs also. They must be congruent.

Good luck!

Thanx man!
Im going to check out that book,
I just searched for it on iBooks, but there are 22 copys, all written by Napoleon Hill.. Different pricing and Artwork.... Any suggestions to wich one i should buy?

Thanks alot!

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
Thanx man!
I just searched for it on iBooks, but there are 22 copys, all written by Napoleon Hill.. Different pricing and Artwork.... Any suggestions to wich one i should buy?

Thanks alot!

They are all practically the same.
If you are in the UK, I could send you one of my spare ones, for free.

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
They are all practically the same.
If you are in the UK, I could send you one of my spare ones, for free.

Really nice of you!
Im not in the UK though :/
But its allright, ill just buy one of The books from iBooks.. I guess i pick the one with the nicest cover then ;)

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Thanx man!

Thanks alot!

The one i had read is this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Grow-...452279241&sr=1-3&keywords=think+and+grow+rich

Usually the version are not too much different, except they have comments on several things inside the book. This book is more to give you the mindset that you can actually achieve your goals, while MJ's book is more connected to action, they some how match like a magnet. I read both so i know.

If you read TMF you probably saw that MJ describe the bullshit from the books written by gurus like Robert Kiyosaky, David, The richest man in babylon and other stuff like this. And from all books MJ didn't mention Think and grow rich. Probably he read it.

So apply the principle from both books and you will make it. Trust me, they both match and it will help you.

MWN14

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 27, 2015
The one i had read is this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Grow-Rich-Original-Restored/dp/0990797600/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1452279241&sr=1-3&keywords=think and grow rich

Usually the version are not too much different, except they have comments on several things inside the book. This book is more to give you the mindset that you can actually achieve your goals, while MJ's book is more connected to action, they some how match like a magnet. I read both so i know.

If you read TMF you probably saw that MJ describe the bullshit from the books written by gurus like Robert Kiyosaky, David, The richest man in babylon and other stuff like this. And from all books MJ didn't mention Think and grow rich. Probably he read it.

So apply the principle from both books and you will make it. Trust me, they both match and it will help you.

Thank you very much, ive just started reading it! I bought it on iBooks. It's not the exact same copy that you showed.. But probably more or less the same.. Im only on the first chapter, reading about mr Darby atm..

Thanks again! Ive got a feeling this book will help me alot!

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Thank you very much, ive just started reading it! I bought it on iBooks. It's not the exact same copy that you showed.. But probably more or less the same.. Im only on the first chapter, reading about mr Darby atm..

Thanks again! Ive got a feeling this book will help me alot!
You are welcome!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
people don't understand that the greatest asset they have is not money, is not relationship, is not anything outside

the greatest asset is themself : a sound mind in a sound body

in fact your mind is the most marvelous thing in the world

you should take care of it and protect it

instead of watching stupidities like TV and so on

your mind has allowed you to go from that :

2001_space_odyssey.jpg

to that :

2001.png

your mind is :

free, you don't have to buy it from capitalism or anyone

is very powerful beyong imagination

can never be short of power

can improve at will

in fact esoteric teachings say that your mind is a channel for cosmic intelligence

just think about that famous scene in the titanic movie

this is your mind ( cleverness and deception ) that provides you a life boat in the titanic movie,

not your money

money_041.jpg

it should make people think deeply about life

Bryan James

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 1, 2018
Texas, USA
Meditation has helped me (don't care if that sounds like a cliche) get through depression and recovery from addiction. Your mind is everything. The positionalities we hold in mind (even/especially the subconscious ones) manifest as our physical lives and experiences.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.