The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motorhead Messiah - Calling all Car Lovers!

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Goodwin's feats of engineering have become gradually more visible over the past year. Last summer, Imperium Renewables contacted MTV's show Pimp My Ride about creating an Earth Day special in which Goodwin would convert a muscle car to run on biodiesel. The show chose a '65 Chevy Impala, and when the conversion was done, he'd doubled its mileage to 25 mpg and increased its pull from 250 to 800 horsepower.

As a stunt, MTV drag-raced the Impala against a Lamborghini on California's Pomona Raceway. "The Impala blew the Lamborghini away," says Kevin Kluemper, the lead calibration engineer for GM's Allison transmission unit, who'd flown down to help with the conversion. Schwarzenegger, who was on the set that day, asked Goodwin on the spot to convert his Wagoneer to biodiesel.

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/120/motorhead-messiah.html

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
Johnathan Goodwin can get 100 mpg out of a Lincoln Continental, cut emissions by 80%, and double the horsepower. Does the car business have the guts to follow him?

He goes on to talk about a Hummer:
He laughs. "Think about it: a 5,000-pound vehicle that gets 60 miles to the gallon and does zero to 60 in five seconds!"

I read this article in Wegaman's today
He quit school in the seventh grade and the author compares him to Albert Einstein.

What is Detroit doing when the technology is there?

http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/120/motorhead-messiah.html

"With a $5,000 bolt-on kit he co-engineered--the poor man's version of a Goodwin conversion--he can immediately transform any diesel vehicle to burn 50% less fuel and produce 80% fewer emissions."

Excellent read for anyone that enjoys cars!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
good stuff this guy is doing...but did i read that right??? $28,000 to convert an H2 to diesel?? I'm guessing biodiesel. at 15,000 miles a year your spending about $3,700 a year on fuel for a gasoline powered H2, so you would have to drive this H2 for roughly 7.5 years to break even...and that is if youre not even spending any money on fuel. lets say your fuel costs drop from $3,700/year to $1,000/ year....around 10 years to break even. lol, is it really that necessary?? :smash:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
you wouldn't ever buy a prius if that is the logic. People will do that because they will feel less guilty about the environment and will show off their eco-friendly, green hummer. It has nothing to do with cost, it is a feel-good item.

Now, imagine this process done in an industrial proportion, probably it would be reduced to around 10K per vehicle if a big car company gets behind it... then it starts to make sense. I think that is the message... the three big Detroit companies could make this happen easier than it has been presented to the public, based on this guy's demonstrations.

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
I'm more interested in learning about the $5,000 kit that he offers, that doubles the fuel efficiency in diesel engines. If that's legit, it seems to be a no-brainer.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.