The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oh god.... where do I start?

"The mass of men worry themselves into nameless graves while here and there a great unselfish soul forgets himself into immortality"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"
(Not sure of author)

I'd rather fail than live the regret of not trying
(My own quote, not sure if there is a prior author)

"I find life an exciting business ...and most exciting when it is lived for others"
Helen Keller

"My advice to salesmen is this: Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says "Make me feel important", not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life"
Mary Kay Ash

FASTLANE STUFF

"The opportunities of man are limited only by his imagination. But so few have imagination that there are 10,000 fiddlers to one composer."
Charles Kettering

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought."
Albert Szent Gyorgyui

"Most people are willing to pay more to be amused than to be educated"
Robert Savage

"The future is purchased by the present"

Samuel Johnson

DOING SOMETHING

"Laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes it"
Benjamin Franklin

"If hard work is the key to success, most people would rather pick the lock"
C. McDonald

Wolfgang5150

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Orchard Park, NY
I really enjoy the content (and quality) of this forum. Thought I would start a new thread dedicated strictly to motivational quotes. For me, all it takes is one good quote to get me fired up about where I am going, and where I want to end up. Feel free to add on -
Here is one of my recent favorites:
'Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.'
(Author unknown)

Carpe Diem
Kevin S.
Orchard Park, NY

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
874n4tF.jpg

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I love the yoda quote. My wife is sick of hearing me say it! :)

I'm a big fan of Henry David Thoreau:

(he can be an acquired taste, so apologies if this is too much)

What got me started (from Walden, and the paraphrase from Dead Poets Society, which I love):

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out the marrow of life and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

On following your dreams:

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined.

What to do once you build your dreams:

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

On how to live your life:

Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.

On defining what is truly right, and wrong:

Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.

On passion for what you do, who you work with, and how to hire the right people:

Do not hire a man who does your work for money, but him who does it for love of it.

On feeding the soul:

He enjoys true leisure who has time to improve his soul's estate.

The importance of doing, instead of writing about it first:

How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.

On Doing:

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioned ability of a man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor.

On the wonder of nature, and living things:

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.

On enjoying the outdoors:

In wildness is the preservation of the world.

On opening your eyes:

It is never too late to give up your prejudices.

On enjoying life:

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.

On Success, and failure:

Men are born to succeed, not fail.

On working and keeping "busy":

Most are engaged in busy-ness the greater part of their lives, because the soul abhors a vacuum and they have not discovered any continuous employment for man's nobler faculties.

On keeping things simple:

Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.

Lastly, what you can get if you follow your dreams:

If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

I'm a sucker for Mark Twain and Albert Einstein, too. :rolleyes:

-Russ H.

kph200

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 2, 2015
Pune, India
What is terrible is not death but the lives people live or don't live up until their death. They don't honor their own lives, they piss on their lives. They shit them away. Dumb F*ckers. They concentrate too much on F*cking, movies, money, family, F*cking. Their minds are full of cotton. They shallow god without thinking, they shallow country without thinking. Soon they forget how to think, they let others think for them. Their brains are stuffed with cotton. They look ugly, they talk ugly, they walk ugly. Play them the greatest music of the centuries and they can't hear it. Most people's deaths are sham. There is nothing left to die.
- Charles Bukowski

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
PT 2
"People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year." -Peter Drucker

"The entrepreneur always searches for change, responds to it, and exploits it as an opportunity." -Peter Drucker

"Innovation is the specific instrument of entrepreneurship. The act that endows resources with a new capacity to create wealth." -Peter Drucker

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." -Jim Rohn

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” -Calvin Coolidge
"You don't have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream." -Michael Dell

"The biggest risk is not taking any risk. In a world that changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks." -Mark Zuckerberg

“Part of the challenge of being an entrepreneur, if you're going for a really huge opportunity, is trying to find problems that aren't quite on the radar yet and try to solve those.” -Sean Parker

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
You will always be a nobody - a former teacher

I'm really looking forward to reunion to prove him wrong.

He was wrong! You never believed what he said.

People who can't be great or do something great always try to stop those who can.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Another great one:

“If you lose, don't lose the lesson.”

Dalai Lama

This idea is such an important factor in ones success... Failure is not fatal. Most recently I just "failed" at one of my supplements on amazon, however, I learned all the ins and outs of the amazon business. Now I'm determined to make sure my second product will be a hit. I could care less that I lost $2-3k, the knowledge I gained far outweighs the losses.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions...
~ Leonardo DaVinci
Here's another one that I think suits this place...

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."
~Leonardo da Vinci​

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
"A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships were made for."

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off of your goal."

"Deciding to quit only means that you forgot why you started."

"Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's possibilities."

"You can't cross the sea by merely standing and staring at the water."

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

"The difference between success and failure is one more try."

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
I heard this in a comment, it is certainly different, but awesome coming from just a comment.

It was about a video that was showing off the rich people's toys (Yachts, boats, ect)

"Funny how so many of you hate the rich and call them names etc... but you try so hard to become rich by standing in line at the convenient store buying those lottery tickets.. I guess the wealthy are only evil if they worked hard and got there money."

YES.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
One I just saw on FB:

“You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away men's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.”

-William J.H. Boetcker

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I'm reading Ca$hvertising by Drew Eric Whitman, and this quote stuck out to me. It applies in life, business, and in advertising:

Stop being afraid to use your own brain. Forge your own path and leave your own mark. You don' t need permission from anybody to do things your way. You be the leader. You be the one people copy because what you're doing is so unique. Shake people up in your industry. Why be just another person in your industry who does nothing new, nothing worth noting, nothing that gets people talking and buying?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." -John F. Kennedy

Likewise... think about how many beliefs we have that we hold true, when in fact, they aren't.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions...

~ Leonardo DaVinci

Capital

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Apr 16, 2013
“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” -Jordan Belfort

"Capital isn't scarce; vision is." -Sam Walton

"I have no Napoleonic dream. I'm just hard-working and pragmatic." -Roman Abramovich

“I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” Steve Jobs

"Achievement is the motivation of entrepreneurs." -Sheldon Adelson

"There is no such thing as fear–not to an entrepreneur. Concern, yes. Fear, no.” -Sheldon Adelson

"I don't care half so much about making money as I do about making my point, and coming out ahead." -Cornelius Vanderbilt

"Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success. A whole, clear, glorious life lies before you. Achieve! Achieve!" -Andrew Carnegie

"The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%." -Andrew Carnegie

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.