The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

motivational/mindset brain dump

Anything related to matters of the mind

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
Here's the reality, folks. If you've made your way to this forum, there's a better than average chance that you can break the script. There are success stories birthed here every day. Read the millionaire fast lane and unscripted if you haven't already, and then spend some time looking through the gold threads here.

You can make it. Your past doesn't have to be your future. Your present circumstances don't dictate your ending.

michael-jordan-basketball-quotes.jpg

It's not about whether you'll fail. Because you definitely will. It's about what you're gonna do when you fall face down in a mud over and over again. Are you gonna quit or keep moving forward?

i don't care about wealth, i care about a life that makes sense

yes

you are part of the minority of guys here that aren't lured by wealth .

you are the guy on the boat , hearing the mermaids without being lured.

my definition of wealth is very simple : having my bills paid in order to have my time back to do things that don't need money and are real value for me

i know that stupidity is often rewarded in life, sometimes against reason

that's why i balance reason with inspiration to cover all possibilities

View attachment 16421

I soon realized that opening people's eyes and motivating them to get started was not a good use of my time. I realized I couldn't help the people I wanted to help, the way I wanted to help them.

So I quit all of that and shut everything down. Now instead, I dedicate my time here trying to help people learn as well as learn myself. This community is way better and more serious than anything else out there.

Those who are willing to be like us will eventually find us.

today this is what provided value for me. these are the words that i take forward with me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
Hair grows back, debt can be paid, but you're alive and can change the world.
my hair is growing back, i have no debt, im alive (2 years ago i almost wasnt) and im changing MY world so i CAN change the world for others

As MJ said, "if you can't pay cash for it, you can't afford it!"
ah i was living this before i knew who MJ was. its good advice. a large portion of why i have no debt and everyone around me is drowning in ito_O and then they come to me for 'help' after laughing because i dont have the nice shit they have. *sorry this one just always gets under my skin

I can't imagine how exciting that is to witness... to have your creation out there in the wild, consumable by the world.
Regardless of the outcome, it truly is exhilarating. Not many would even try, much less get to a prototype stage.
i want this so bad. to see my creation out there, being consumed. in real life. before: i listened to people who told me i was stupid, my ideas were dumb. i was scared they were right, i mean they were older, smarter, better. i wasnt stupid but goddamn i was stupid for believing them. now: well some of my ideas are still silly and seem pointless but it will be a lot more fun to try them out and see what happens. im still scared but now im scared of NOT doing things.

There are three types of people in the world. You can sit back and watch all three introduce themselves on this forum.

1. There are people who expect life to get handed to them

2. There are people who expect life to shit on them

3. And, there are people who blaze their own path
reminds me of this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp2L_SXB5X8
perma spot on my playlist. one of the songs that did a lot to get me out of the trap and make me believe in something better again.

I know my limits, what I can and what I can't do
I understand myself so I don’t underhand my health
It’s Sheer determination and true grit face it
Don't follow any path blaze it!
That's what I do!

one day i will be able to look back and say 'Thats what i DID!'

It's pretty simple: If you're "too good" to do the dirty work, success will be "too good" for you. The dream life will be "too good" for you. Enlightenment will be "too good" for you.

Being "too good" is an entitlement mentality.

If I was "too good" I wouldn't be boxing books, taping up envelopes, and creating stupid UPS invoices required for Canadian import. Yea, like this shit is fun. But you know what? My freedom, my life, and my "whys" are more important than trying to avoid 30 minutes of drudgery trying to meet the "too good" standard. "Too good" for whom?

I'm not "too good" to do whatever it takes.
im also adding im not too scared, too stupid, too lazy, too unsure or any other too's my negative side decides to try telling me

Although this may help you learn more, sooner, "getting out of your comfort zone" is simply an attitude adjustment. It's doing the things that NEED TO BE DONE in order to get the desired result(s).

A healthy dose of consistent self-reflection and action will get you to your desired outcome. Doing what needs to be done in order to reach your goal is always challenging if you've never experienced it before...

that's why they call it "getting out of your comfort zone"
funny thing, ive never had a problem doing things for someone ELSE. but for myself, i didnt bother. idk why. i guess i always thought i wasnt worth it. believing i am is still a pretty new concept for me. i kinda credit my dog for this. i got him and somehow thru him i realized I mattered. he really was essential for turning things around.

Kind of like climbing a mountain, if you are not willing to start at the bottom then how the hell do you think you will get to the top? You can't start halfway, its literally impossible.

When you reject responsibility cause you are "too good" you sabotage yourself plain and simple.

The truth is, taking responsibility is not a painful onerous burden. It's POWER, its CONTROL, its EXCITEMENT, its PLEASURE, Its SUCCESS written all over it. The more variables you have control over in your life the BETTER. Commandment of control anybody?

I realized I could actually reach out to reality and reality would reach back, i could change it, control it, and mold it and it would actually respond back. As if reality was my ultimate partner in life that i didn't know i had. I felt tremendous joy and excitement. I knew what this was: taking responsibility for life and everything in it. The more variables i could reach out and change the better.
it sucks to say this but i took responsibility for everything EXCEPT myself. everyone and everything else came first and there was nothing left for me. i worked myself to physical/mental breakdown to be a good employee and coworker, for family, for friends... and in the end it was all for nothing. i thought thats what being responsible ment.

the suffering is only fault of myself. Four or five days ago it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can’t control physical pain, but the suffering is all on me.

When I am focused on a task there is no suffering. When I am deeply immersed in any kind of creative process the pain is even less intense. Entertainment can ease the pain and suffering to an extent. But if I was to entertain myself as a distraction from pain and suffering, where would I be in another 10 years? I know the key is to immerse myself in consecutive creative tasks that are aligned with my dreams and aspirations. Even if in 10 years I didn’t achieve the financial goals I set for myself, that still would be 10 years with less pain, 10 years with less suffering, I would be 10 years wiser, and I still would have ten years of creative accomplishment.

It really all boils down to this word HABIT. Everyone has heard someone say the phrase “I am a creature of habit”. The fact is everyone is a creature of habit. A person’s character, personality, achievements, and every other attribute is really just the sum of their most persistent habits. Our whole life is a series of habits.

Knowing the things I know now, leaves me with no excuses as to why I can’t accomplish anything I set my mind to. I know that the only thing holding me back (or moving me forward) is my habits. And not only do I know habits are the keys to success. I understand exactly how to analyze any habit, remove it or replace it according to my goals and desires. The only question is when. When will I implement the things I know?
forget the past 10 years. its the 10 years starting now that matter. ok, i can say i f*cked up and wasted the past 10 but now, why the hell would i continue to do the same? i have some shitty habits ive always had, i have some shitty habits ive adopted over the years, when i look at my habits in general i dont like them. luckily i can say this has been changing.

I used to have a pastor that would say, "If you want to end up over there, point your feet in that direction and start walking. But if you point your feet in the opposite direction don't be surprised when you end up on the other side of where you want to be."
ok feet, ive got you pointed in the right direction now so feet, do your thing

I am also focusing on creating the right habits for myself- and making it a lifestyle choice that has to just be apart of my everyday life. Started with someone posting an interview with Peter Sage. For me the most important habit that I am trying to create is having a morning ritual. I believe that this will help me achieve my goals faster.

My ritual consists of waking up at 6am everyday (even weekends), writing a journal entry, reading a book for 15 to 20 minutes, having a cup of herbal tea, get showered and dressed before 8am (including some makeup, when you look good you feel good) and making a list of the 3 most important things that I absolutely MUST do today. Yours can be whatever you want.

Its a total mental thing for me, and AMAZINGLY and INCREDIBLY I have been able to use my mind to will myself to get up and do this everyday
Getting in to this habit OMG- I have SOOOOOOOOO much time, to get SOOOOOOOOOO much done. It has made a real difference that I notice and see. I get so much done, and I feel I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more time for errands, cooking, fitness than I used to have before. I check the clock all the time and get a little treat every time because its still so early, yet I have gotten so much done already. I think everyone should try this. It structure, organization, routine, and you get a clear, clean focus and start each day. Its only been a couple weeks but I don't know why this never donned on me to do before.
so second this! having a morning ritual has helped so much. ive never been a morning person but man, did i see things change when i started waking up regularly at 6 am. the routine has slipped over the last few weeks while trying to pull off this move but this is a big reminder how important it is for my to stick to the routine.

That's why when you see me on the beach, you'll never know. The richest guy I will EVER know sat down on the beach chair next to me wearing a pair of board shorts and a ratty tee shirt. He could have paid for people to carry him to the beach in a roman chariot.

At some point, displaying the gold doesn't satisfy any more. Giving it away never gets old, though.
i want to be like this guy! i want to have my wealth and freedom and roll around in a amc pacer in a tank top and holey jeans:smile:
i dont want to flash but damn i cant wait to give it away. charles feeney and andrew carnegie are two men i look up to in how they handled their wealth. i dont think ill ever have numbers like them but i want to do the same.

I love giving to charity. One of my farther off dreams is to help fund a boarding school in the lower income area where I grew up to help some of the people there break free of the toxic crime-and-debt environment.
THIS. my dream isnt a boarding school but i want to get there so i can be there to help those with the drive and potential to break free from their enviroments. its one of the big reasons i decided to move back to my home area. being 'home' means i will never lose sight of what matters to me. at least thats the plan.

He said that if you try to make a big change in your life from "motivation" you will fail. You have to think bigger. Make the change habitual. Ingrain it into your head. Because one morning you're going to wake up sick and hung over and shitty. And no amount of "motivation" is going to get the old "you" out of bed. You have to be a different person. You have to have changed.
ive change from the person i was 6mos ago, hella changed from 1,2,3 years ago. cant wait to see how ill be 6mos from now, 1,2,3 years from now. now thats gonna be something to see. or someone is going to need a serious kick in the a$$.

I hope to be here in a few months, a few years even. Keeping the fire burning will be difficult, I'm sure. I just have to remember it's never to late and instead of getting angry with myself for not acting years ago, be glad I've started now, and turn the anger into a fire. There is an old Chinese saying -

"The best time to plant a tree was ten year ago. The second best time is today".
i still have to remind myself to not waste time being angry with myself for what has already happend and been done. changing it to a desire to act today

I used to be driven by anger. I'm a short guy with a baby-ish face. I'm 27 and people literally think I'm 17 when they first meet me. I basically look like the opposite of what an alpha male is perceived to be. It had a really big impact on me since youth actually. When I was in elementary school, someone created a "slam book" in which 1 page was dedicated to each student in the class and there'd be nothing, but negative things said. All of it was dedicated to slamming the person.

You know what mine said? Short, insignificant, stupid, worthless. Huge impact on my mindset for years. Made me angry and hateful for years because I felt betrayed by those who I thought were my friends.

This girl changed me. She helped me realize how much power there is in treating others with loving acceptance in a world where everyone places judgment on others.
When you accept others with full loving acceptance and genuinely want to help them achieve their dreams without any attachment to your personal gain, they will love you in return for it. They will want to help you too.

There is definitely a human side to business and I think the majority miss that part because they are so focused on searching for that next big idea...not realizing that if you really focus in on loving others then you become a magnet for ideas, mentors, and all the other neat stuff.
i think this is key.

and now i have to finish packing and load the car up. gotta be there monday to grab van and come back for the rest. mentally this is the stuff i want to pack and take with me. dumping all the junk that filled my head before. thanks guys. some of this was said years ago and you all prob dont even remember these words. i wasnt here then, i am now, and im listening. so really thanks, keep talking.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
I invite you to create a list with 100 Ways to Add Value to People’s life. You may want to publish it here, or not. It is possible that at the end of the list you will come up with mind-blowing ideas that you better wouldn’t share. But yeah, keep in mind as MJ states: Ideas are worth NOTHING until someone executes on them and takes MASSIVE ACTION.

My own list consists of general ideas like “Make them happy†and more specific ones like “Build SUDOKU Toilet Paperâ€. Some of them are stupid; some of them may even carry some potential. It does not matter, every ideas is good as it is. It took me nearly one hour to write down those first 70 Ideas. I am going to complete the list throughout the next days. You may want to start the list now and come back to it over the next hours, days or weeks and post it here when you have finished.

What are the benefits of this exercise?

At first, this is a simple mental exercise to activate the creative areas of your brain. Your brain has not stopped to develop until you die. Through constant mental exercises like this, you actually expand certain areas in your brain. Neuroplasticity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second, writing down those ideas lays your focus in entrepreneurship away from “chasing money†towards “offering valueâ€. And I think stating that money is attracted to value is quite close to reality.

In the centre of all those ideas stands a human being. You and me. We. Us.

(If you do not like “preaching-like†outbursts of unscientific nature then skip the following two paragraphs.)

----
Look, this is not about earning money. This is about you as a human being on a journey on this beautiful planet earth. This is about you with your body, brain and mind creating something, shaping energy. Creating a form that is valuable for other people. This is not about money. This is about humanity, and the role you are willing to play in it. I am not saying you should sacrifice your whole life for humanity and put aside your desires for altruistic sake. I just say; live up to your fullest potential as a man or women. Do shit. Deal with shit. So that in your last minute on this earth, you will be able to look back and say “I don’t regret anything.â€

I truly believe that we are spiritual beings or whatever you want to call it. That there is something behind our skin, flesh and bones and behind the energy flowing around us we call ‘universe’. I believe that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. And I want this experience to be worth having had for every single human being on earth. There is no life that is not worth being lived to its fullest. I invite you to see yourself on a journey. It is not about the goals you reach, or the events that will occur in the future that “make you happyâ€. It is about every step you take in every moment of your life. It is about the person you become while you are walking your path. The obstacles and challenges you overcome, the self- confidence you gain, the friends you will win and lose. In the end all that matters is the journey you have gone, and the person that you have become.
---

Back to the track. I invite you now to create a list of your own “100 Ways to Add Value to People’s Lifeâ€:

My 100 Ways to Add Value to People’s Lives

1. Make them feel happier
  2. Make their problems appear smaller
  3. Make them feel important
  4. Give solutions to their worries
  5. Challenge their reality
  6. Provide something for their sexual drive (e.g. open 20 XXX Cinemas) (why did this idea come to my mind so early?...)
  7. Amuse them / make them laugh (Stripclub, theatre, videos, comics, books, film, jokes…)
  8. Support them in creating wealth in the three F’s: Family (Relationships), Fitness ( Health), and Freedom (choice)
  9. Make a difficult task easier for them
  10. Educate them (Attention: Teaching someone without him / her asking for the teaching is oftentimes offensive, because it sounds like “You are stupid, let me teach you sth you don’t know…â€, it should rather be like “Let me show / demonstrate you this idea / concept, Make the Idea attractive first, then teach it)
  11. Make them look better (Health, Nutrition, clothing, makeup)
  12. Give them security (housing, safety, health)
  13. Raise a positive emotion (love, happiness, laughter, self-confidence)
  14. Satisfy appetites (food, sexual)
  15. Make things easier for them
  16. Enhance their dreams and give hope
  17. Tell them that they are unique and special
  18. Put their problems in perspective
  19. Help them handle their relationships more effectively
  20. Teach them how to pick up girls
  21. Teach them how to be an attractive man / woman
  22. Teach them a language in an efficient way
  23. Demonstrate them how they can prepare healthy meals
  24. Show them what a healthy diet could look like
  25. Show them what a lifestyle could consist off
  26. Demonstrate how daily spiritual practices can enhance their well-being
  27. Write a book that consists of motivational quotes
  28. Write a story / novel that amuses people and makes them laugh
  29. Show people examples of birthday presents they could make themselves
  30. Create a website for singles (what an innovative idea)
  31. Write a list of “100 Ways to offer value†and sell it to people
  32. Be authentic. Take people for who they are and don’t judge them (This is indeed a beautiful feeling; to be around a non-judgemental person)
  33. Help people develop their Personal Mission Statement
  34. Support a human being in finding its purpose
  35. Give advice on how to decorate their homes
  36. Give advice on how to make their website appear better
  37. Take a photo of them, make it look better with Photoshop
  38. Tell them stories about books you’ve read and encourage them to read more books
  39. Listen to a human being. Just listen.
  40. Buy fresh organic foods and sell them at a local farmers market
  41. Assist people in using new technology
  42. Demonstrate people the benefits of weekly exercises
  43. Talk with people about life and death.
  44. Create a website where you review car-wash stations
  45. Own 20 Restaurants where you only offer meals with natural, unprocessed foods
  46. Show parents on how their mood affects the brain development of their children
  47. Create a website with beautiful panoramas of mountains for downloading / printing
  48. Create an Online- Portal where a dialogue between elderly (70+) and younger people can take place on an easy way (I think elder people have a strong desire to communicate with younger ones, so why not create a VERY EASY TO USE site where they can video chat together?) “The easiest video chat site in the worldâ€
  49. Create a list with business Ideas and give it away for free
  50. Create a product that can be used in any household every day, a product that supports a certain task, or stills a certain need.
  51. CREATE a need / desire and also give a solution for it
  52. Create a shopping assistant- programm / tool
  53. Translate self-help literature from English to German (I really realized that there are phenomenal self-help ideas in America, but we here in Europe will probably have to wait 20more years until those ideas reach our continent in our languages (French, German, Italian…)
  54. Create a website with a universal language (like, no matter what language you speak, you would understand the hole content of the site, this sounds amazing, I mean, you would have to find symbols that every human being understands and interprets the same way…)
  55. Invent a good tasting HEALTHY drink and create a brand around it
  56. Analyse the body-language of attractive men / women in a video and advice people on how to improve their own body language
  57. Create a website where people can write up their own biography and share stories with each other
  58. Create an alternative to the common “browserâ€. I mean, who tells us that “surfing†can only take place over chrome, firefox and internet explorer stuff?
  59. Create an educational video game that assists people to create a positive attitude towards life
  60. Create a site where you review products / services.
  61. Import Swiss honey from the “UNESCO Biosphere in Switzerland†to America and sell it there as a delicatessen
  62. Watch the smartphone market and pre-order smart phone protection- covers from asia if a new model arises, then sell them in an online shop
  63. Make an online platform where people can post a picture of their clothing style and users can give interactive feedback
  64. Create an interactive website of “What are you wearing today?â€
  65. Create a service around anything that is like “What are you drinking / eating / wearing / hating / loving / searching / worried about / happy about today?â€
  66. sell google+ mascots / t-shirts
  67. Sell google+ coffee cups / fanproducts
  68. Invent a pillow cover that you can turn inside out
  69. Create a website that enables people to be creative
  70. Create a product (physical) that makes people creative
  71. Innovate a new kind of alarm clock
  72. Create a stock-photo website with a specific theme
  73. Take a successful English speaking blog and put similar content up in another language
  74. Put quotes that trigger good feelings and make a gift-book out of them
  75. Build a platform where people who hate each other can discuss in a friendly environment, assisted in a way so that solutions arise
  76. Build a table where you integrate a hole for the leftovers after the meal, so you can just throw them in there
Super long post but great exercise to do. will do this when I get back home.

Listening is a great way to provide value--and then implementing their suggestions. :) Letting the customer shape the business instead of driving your business plan down their throat.
I think this is important and already planned to incorperate it into my business plan when I got to that point.

And then your procrastination transforms into escapism and you're lost forever in wasting time, money, and intelligence.
escapism-007.jpg
I used to be a master procrastinator, like I had a PhD in it. Its still there a little but now its more like a highschool class level procrastination.

What About "10 things I did today to help people" or something similar so everyone gets to share their good deeds and find hidden problems to solve from them.
Another great idea and not as time consuming as the first post. Gonna do this to but Im gonna switch it up to 5 things I did this week to help others and 5 things I did this week to help myself.

There are so many great nuggets and ideas in this forum. I dare say its the best place on the internets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.