The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

More kindling to the fire

FreeBy23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 18, 2017
Maryland
With any "luck" I'll be around and trying to make a little more contributions than a lot of the fresh introductions here. I'm 20, have been working for ~4 years and am finally coming to the conclusion that nobody will ever pay me what I want to be paid. I'm starting to realize the fallacies of the slow lane and am working my way out of it. I'm focusing on one business while working on a web project as time permits. If anyone needs anything, I work in IT as a systems administrator so feel free to reach out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FreeBy23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 18, 2017
Maryland
Part 2: More information, maybe some motivation, and posting a follow up so I don't clutter the forums.

What made me make an account here? I just finished TMF last week and 2 days later found out I'm making over 30k less than anyone else I work with, F*ck that. When they hired me I got a line similar to "we might be able to make that work" just something more to fuel the fire. I take accountability for not fighting for my worth though, and I'll take accountability in fixing that through business.

Why now?: Besides the punch to the face from work, I realized I've just turned 20 and gave up on my goals, not cool. I also realized nobody will ever pay me what I want to be paid. Also, I've tried business in the past and learned a bit but looking back they were stupid mistakes. I was set for the "fast" slow lane life, I'm young, I'm efficient and naturally frugal and I have a drive to learn and grow. Normal work bores me, contracting is at least interesting for a while.

Are you another action faker?: Well, I decided that enough is enough and I want to push HARD, age is a number but time still means a lot. I filed for an LLC Sunday, it completed with the state Monday, and I'm now a sole owner on my new LLC. I have a website almost ready to run, just need to finish the php and actual work side of it but visuals are mostly done, I'm aiming to deploy by Sunday. I have another business that I'd like to work on as well and I have a plan of attack and will be working on reaching out to people either tonight after work or tomorrow.

Are your dreams still dead?: No, MJ reminded me dreams are like everything else I do, go big or go home. I'm aiming for 8 figures, a 400k house in some of the areas I like, a Lamborghini Aventador SV convertible, and most importantly, to be able to sail a catamaran whenever and wherever.

I probably missed stuff but there's no stopping this, I'll either get rich and make a difference in people's lives or get there slightly later than anticipated.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Hey man congrats on the motivation.

My only advice for you is to pick one thing and make it your one thing and freaking go. I used to struggle a TON with having multiple ideas and hedging my business ideas by always having multiple side things running at once. It's not good and generally won't produce results.

Pick one thing and pour every second, dime, and ounce of energy you have into it. You can be polyamorous later on in business but now is the time to commit hard, monogamously.

Also - I hope you really are ready. In your post you say you're ready to actually make a change. But please set your expectations right before you start. People always say they want to make a change, but in their minds the change they want to make is rainbows and butterflies (not saying this is you...it has been me). Business is tough, and if you want to truly create success and a structure for fastlane, you need to realize it will be hard work and probably less fulfilling than your current job for a long time. Be prepared for that and embrace the new challenges and problems and you'll be able to stick it out.

From the 10X rule - unsuccessful people work just hard enough to never achieve real success or results, making their work feel like toil. Successful people work so hard and achieve such massive results that work no longer feels like work, it's passion. Finish your work to absolute completion and enjoy the results!

FreeBy23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 18, 2017
Maryland
Normally I'd say "but I don't know what to chose!" but one is an internet based autonomous service which would yield lots of little amounts or the one I'm really driven towards which is a business/service offering which would be easy to scale but would be lower volume and higher money per volume. I really appreciate it though, if it's 2, 5, or 10 years of hard work instead of 40 years of office work, I know what I want to be aiming for. Any other advice @cutthroughstatic ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Normally I'd say "but I don't know what to chose!" but one is an internet based autonomous service which would yield lots of little amounts or the one I'm really driven towards which is a business/service offering which would be easy to scale but would be lower volume and higher money per volume. I really appreciate it though, if it's 2, 5, or 10 years of hard work instead of 40 years of office work, I know what I want to be aiming for. Any other advice @cutthroughstatic ?

Nope, my advice is just pick a path and don't look back. Charge down it. Way easier said than done, I know that the hard way.

Pick which direction you want to go.

Storyboard or write down or whatever works for you, your biggest goal with it.

Determine your why: why is this important to you? You need to find a why that will get you through the hard days. I have a son under the age of one. I work as much as I do today because by the time he's ten, I want to be able to spend as much time as possible with him. Same with my wife. I also have a strong desire to make the world a better place. I see how others have given us what we have today (internet, plumbing, good restaurants lol) and I feel a responsibility to give value back to the world. We're in debt to the value-creators before us.

But listen, your why is different than mine. Find out what it is, and make sure it's a really deep why... one that will help you when things (inevitably) get really tough.

Okay, now that you have your goal and your why, it's time to take action. I did this exercise with my wife recently. She has an idea for a product and I'm not going to let it sit in her head like most people who have ideas for products. If you have an idea, freaking act on it.

So break it down into actionable steps. I wrote out five or six things she could do that day, in a few hours, that would take her closer to the goal. The goal should motivate, but it shouldn't be your focus. That'll just make you feel like your not making progress. Break the goal down daily into small actions you can take THAT DAY and do those things.

And just keep taking small action every day. Remind yourself why you're doing it when it feels overwhelming. And just keep doing it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...