The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Modern-World HR.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
It's so funny that it's not even funny.
w7EU5lmFmQM.jpg

y9JThNutzb0.jpg

Exactly!
Q9nIrwy9z5U.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
  • Banned

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Think yourself lucky.

Now you won't be stuck working a JOB and can pursuit the fastlane.
I actually find it hilarious from the entrepreneur perspective. I work with companies and see this kind of silliness on regular basis. I fired more HR managers and whole HR departments altogether than I hired employees.

Last edited:

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
Besides the experience bit, over here they also require you to speak 3 languages fluently and after 5 rounds of interviews, offer to pay near minimum wage for it.

I've always wondered how those companies hope to employ anyone.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Besides the experience bit, over here they also require you to speak 3 languages fluently and after 5 rounds of interviews, offer to pay near minimum wage for it.

I've always wondered how those companies hope to employ anyone.

It's much easier to learn multiple languages in the EU.

I have a sibling who is up to 4:
  • Native tongue
  • English (2nd language in most Eastern EU)
  • French (from traveling for work)
  • German (from traveling for work)
Spend a year or two in another country and you'll pick up the language without even trying.

But, no need to worry about that if you work for yourself. English is all you need....maybe Chinese wouldn't hurt either.

• Banned

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
College is like a breeding ground for useless skills that become even more useless when you enter the job market. :rolleyes:
I'd say college is a great place to get laid, practice linguistics, hire slaves and promote your business free of charge.

Waisec

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Feb 6, 2014
Estonia
It's much easier to learn multiple languages in the EU.

Spend a year or two in another country and you'll pick up the language without even trying.
Yes and no.

Speaking at least 2 languages is common in EU. Mostly your native tongue + English, due to schools teaching English from early on and heavy American influence - movies, tv shows, the internet. So everyone and their uncle speaks it to varying degrees.

But picking up a 3rd language or more requires at least some effort. Most people don't travel outside for work and learning a language, when you can't practice it daily with native speakers, requires a lot of effort. And as such, you'd expect a potential employer to value that.

Despite Estonia having a sizeable Russian minority, you won't interact with a lot of Russians in your day to day life unless your work requires it or you live in the Russian towns/neighbourhoods. I studied a bit of Russian in school. I've had sales jobs/customer service jobs that had me interact with a few russians here and there. I've partied with and bedded more Russian women than I'd like to admit.
Despite all that, I still can't speak FLUENT Russian, because I haven't put in the proper effort. I can hold a primitive conversation, I can mimick their accent and tell you 9 ways you can go F*ck yourself, but it wouldn't get me hired if I'd be looking.

Luckily, for us entrepreneurs, English is all we'll ever need. Any additional language, is always a plus though.

• Banned

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Yes and no.

Speaking at least 2 languages is common in EU. Mostly your native tongue + English, due to schools teaching English from early on and heavy American influence - movies, tv shows, the internet. So everyone and their uncle speaks it to varying degrees.

But picking up a 3rd language or more requires at least some effort. Most people don't travel outside for work and learning a language, when you can't practice it daily with native speakers, requires a lot of effort. And as such, you'd expect a potential employer to value that.

Despite Estonia having a sizeable Russian minority, you won't interact with a lot of Russians in your day to day life unless your work requires it or you live in the Russian towns/neighbourhoods. I studied a bit of Russian in school. I've had sales jobs/customer service jobs that had me interact with a few russians here and there. I've partied with and bedded more Russian women than I'd like to admit.
Despite all that, I still can't speak FLUENT Russian, because I haven't put in the proper effort. I can hold a primitive conversation, I can mimick their accent and tell you 9 ways you can go F*ck yourself, but it wouldn't get me hired if I'd be looking.

Luckily, for us entrepreneurs, English is all we'll ever need. Any additional language, is always a plus though.
That made me laugh:)
I think our language is best for reading literature written in it, as it provides an outstanding, rich reader experience. Business-wise, I would say it's not worth to spend time on it, as our market is poor and restrictive.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Yes and no.

Employers post their ideal candidate for job listings, to filter out insecure people who don't have much self worth. It's similar to entrepreneurs setting goals. Aim for a number uncomfortably high, but also realistic.

Most people don't travel outside for work - right, and that's why most people are average. It's the "I can't get a job because I don't have experience, because I can't get a job" meme.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.