The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mobile dev idea validation questions

Idea threads

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
So you want to have a virtual environment running through this app.

For iOS, probably not.

For android, you could probably do this, but why? You'd basically take a native app that works just fine, then move it into a cloud and a) slow down response time b) require a constant stream of data.

I don't really understand what the purpose of this app is? Is it to save space on your phone? Because that's not really an issue anymore.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Running apps through the cloud is going to be a HUGE data drain. And since Unlimited data plans are becoming more and more rare (in the U.K anyway) I don't see it being popular

If there is one thing I hate more than running out of storage, it's running out of data.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
As others said iOS is a tough system to work with just because of how Apple keeps everything in house...

My advice, tell your friend to go buy or order a "Raspberry Pi 3" online. He can then learn how to make NAT server's for a home/business, work on automated items linked to ANY cloud account, and most importantly learn how to program/test these things for Windows 10/any Linux distro, Android, some Apple, etc.

This is what I did long ago and has helped me tremendously learn so much having never done anything computer related before while not having to worry about crashing my expensive computer's operating systems while testing things out... Simply make an error on a Raspberry Pi and at worst, pull out the SD card then reload your operating system within a few minutes your up and running again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JapieGijs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 30, 2015
Hi fastlaners,

My friend got a IOS app idea that he pitched me, so he wanted me to take a closer look.

I general it would be an app that takes care of all app and programm data on your iphone, because this is always using up alot of space. All data would, through a new app, be pulled from the cloud (external).
There could be 2 ways:
1. an app that hosts all other apps in the cloud, so you only have 1 installed app on your phone.
2. only programm data would be send from the apps to the cloud, or being redirected that way, so it doesn't use you internal storage.

Does some developer know if this could be possible to build?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.