The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

mj

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
i understand if someone posts something attrocious it should go to the landfill but EVERYTHING I POST from holiday debt to RETIREMENT is now going to the landfill???? please help the moderator or whoevers doing it to not trash everything the retirement post was actually pretty helpful but someone landfilled it it was about how people experience the 4 ds in retirement, depression, death, disease and divorce, i appreciate all you do but please help people not landfill everything i do its really making me not feel good about myself if everything i write is trash i might as well give up on life

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Funny-meme-Relax.png

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Did you consider that maybe it's @MJ DeMarco sending it to the landfill?

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
It's easy to blame it on others.
It's F*cking hard to take responsibility.
And it is even harder to act on this responsibility.

You are an entrepeneur, playing the victim game does not work.
If your posts are your product, and we are your market, what would your reaction be?
Complain about the market not wanting your product?

Whine about the market not seeing the value in your product?

No.
You have to change the product.
Or do a better job communication it's value (hint: grammar & punctiuation helps).

The worst you can do right now is to keep the product and change the market.
Don't go where people would celebrate your current posts, just to get a short term good feeling.

The best thing you can do ist to change the product and keep the market.
Stay. And change yourself. Listen to the market reaction. And grow.
To archieve a long term success.

"The market has spoken by putting your threads into the landfill"
React accordingly.

It's your choice.

I haven't read much posts from you, simply because the topics you write about aren't that important in my life (yet) - nothing personal.

The last posts I've noticed are all about how hard this forum, heck the whole world, is to you.
I honestly don't care enough to read into your situation to check if that is true.

But most of the time I hear someone talking like that, it is more the problem of a victim mindset than actually having the whole world against you.

From a post I wrote in another thread:

"When I joined this forum, I was the exact person those posts [mocking actionfakers, consumers, victims] talk about. Take a look at my older posts.

Sometimes it helps to look for the reason people react the way they do.

In the beginning, some posts and threads got ignored. I was bummed out - spending time writing stuff down, trying to track my progress. And noone cared.
The question is, why did noone care?
A) The forum members are assholes and only care about the top 10% of posters.
B) What I wrote did not offer any value to anyone, except to me. I did not post to help others, I posted to get reassured in my opinion.

In the beginning, some posts got harsh answers. Not the answers I was expecting to hear, and definetly not the answers I wanted to hear. Looking back, they were not really that hard. But it still got me.
The question is, why did they react the way they did?
A) They did not get my point. I couldn't explain it properly or they were to dumb to understand me!
B) I asked dumb questions. They already experienced my situation and told me their learnings. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I wanted to hear.

In that moment, I completly ignored the harder truths, or tried to explain why the other members were not right.
While the reassuring answers helped me in that situation, the harsher ones helped me realise I should not even be in that situation and change my complete approach.

Sadly, I always answered with A first. But the more I grew, the more I took responsibility for my posts and realised B is oftentimes the real answer.

Now, I don't know your situation, and I don't know the exact posts.
But it helps to wait a moment and push your emotions aside. Are they dumb - or is my post dumb?"

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
The proper use of writing thread subject lines may be a good start...

Subject lines like:
mj

And

Hmmmm

Don't exactly start the reader off on the right foot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tanisha

Bronze Contributor
Jun 16, 2017
sacramento
Oh BTW. Happy Birthday a couple of days ago. :)

hey you said something nice for a change thank you
It's easy to blame it on others.
It's F*cking hard to take responsibility.
And it is even harder to act on this responsibility.

You are an entrepeneur, playing the victim game does not work.
If your posts are your product, and we are your market, what would your reaction be?
Complain about the market not wanting your product?

Whine about the market not seeing the value in your product?

No.
You have to change the product.
Or do a better job communication it's value (hint: grammar & punctiuation helps).

The worst you can do right now is to keep the product and change the market.
Don't go where people would celebrate your current posts, just to get a short term good feeling.

The best thing you can do ist to change the product and keep the market.
Stay. And change yourself. Listen to the market reaction. And grow.
To archieve a long term success.

"The market has spoken by putting your threads into the landfill"
React accordingly.

It's your choice.

I haven't read much posts from you, simply because the topics you write about aren't that important in my life (yet) - nothing personal.

The last posts I've noticed are all about how hard this forum, heck the whole world, is to you.
I honestly don't care enough to read into your situation to check if that is true.

But most of the time I hear someone talking like that, it is more the problem of a victim mindset than actually having the whole world against you.

From a post I wrote in another thread:

"When I joined this forum, I was the exact person those posts [mocking actionfakers, consumers, victims] talk about. Take a look at my older posts.

Sometimes it helps to look for the reason people react the way they do.

In the beginning, some posts and threads got ignored. I was bummed out - spending time writing stuff down, trying to track my progress. And noone cared.
The question is, why did noone care?
A) The forum members are assholes and only care about the top 10% of posters.
B) What I wrote did not offer any value to anyone, except to me. I did not post to help others, I posted to get reassured in my opinion.

In the beginning, some posts got harsh answers. Not the answers I was expecting to hear, and definetly not the answers I wanted to hear. Looking back, they were not really that hard. But it still got me.
The question is, why did they react the way they did?
A) They did not get my point. I couldn't explain it properly or they were to dumb to understand me!
B) I asked dumb questions. They already experienced my situation and told me their learnings. Not what I wanted to hear, but what I wanted to hear.

In that moment, I completly ignored the harder truths, or tried to explain why the other members were not right.
While the reassuring answers helped me in that situation, the harsher ones helped me realise I should not even be in that situation and change my complete approach.

Sadly, I always answered with A first. But the more I grew, the more I took responsibility for my posts and realised B is oftentimes the real answer.

Now, I don't know your situation, and I don't know the exact posts.
But it helps to wait a moment and push your emotions aside. Are they dumb - or is my post dumb?"

well i think your selfish since you dont care so your the problem because i never said nothing wrong i was talking about retirement

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
i understand if someone posts something attrocious it should go to the landfill but EVERYTHING I POST from holiday debt to RETIREMENT is now going to the landfill???? please help the moderator or whoevers doing it to not trash everything the retirement post was actually pretty helpful but someone landfilled it it was about how people experience the 4 ds in retirement, depression, death, disease and divorce, i appreciate all you do but please help people not landfill everything i do its really making me not feel good about myself if everything i write is trash i might as well give up on life
You are truly hilarious…
I am glad this forum has a landfill subforum, because the posts are truly hilarious.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.