The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ is offering free mentoring!!!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TedM

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 21, 2013
Israel
index of important information
that is a HIGHLY subjective term.

if you think about a college course: back when i was in school, an average class met 3 hours/week and was expected to have 2X out-of-class study.

I guess if one were to spend 6 - 8 hours a week for 8 weeks looking through threads purposefully - you'd gain a lot and have a good idea of where to look (an old hint: any thread that zen*******, Vigilante and Eskil participate in would get you pretty far along...).

but, to do a real service to the community - take up Allen's challenge!

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Great post and very timely. This is actually the first time I've signed in for about 10 days....been hammering away at my new venture. Just landed my first paying client yesterday. I think I'll get used to those "you've got money" emails from Paypal pretty damn quickly!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steve K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 9, 2008
new york city
^ now thats just creepy...

as i was eating dinner a few hours ago, i was thinking to myself at how differently i look at everything now...

and i literally said to myself that i dont look at whens, who's and what's
as much as i do the WHY's and HOW's

i kid you not this is what i was thinking about just a few hours ago !

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
blah! i'm not buying all this. put up the name of the book, the HUNT is the actually reading, understanding and applying what you read. Not in knowing the name of the book. But whatever, it's like a sort of elitist attitude is brewing here. Frankly, I thought this site was for sharing information, ideas. <b> People here sometimes are too tight with information or vague, especially the very important ones.</b> Yall have said it over and over that you can give all the information to someone and if they are not motivated, they wouldn't do it. So why make it harder? Just drop the information, if they use it good, if they don't too bad. Hiding it behind an extra layer such as "you go search for it" in my opinion is lame. I mean, if you don't remember the name of the book, and you say, "search for it, or search for this and that phrase" that's understandable, but when you do know the name and you can save someone even be it a few seconds but you want to make them search. "Oh well!"
I'm a firm believer in "information wants to be free", I'm also a firm believer in "no security through obfuscation" very strongly opposed ideas by most entrepreneurs. But hey, these are my values and my personal opinion. My opinion tho. :)

Ya don't say! So basically what i got from you here is that those that did all the hard work, reading, testing, implementing... should simply hand that information over for thousands to see and maybe some people will copy exactley what you do and some won't....

Sounds like a win/win right?....

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
I have downloaded and stopped all my activities to read 'Awaken the giant within' and 'What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep Secret' in the past two days.
Very valuable information. A lot of it of course is just common sense but apparently we need it to be presented to us in the excellent way these two guys did in order to see that it is essential for our business and private life.

I will reserve the next few days to re-read specific sections, after which it will take some time and commitment to internalize the basic principles.

Thanks.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I felt like adding something that I think was an excellent example of the thirst for knowledge that makes people successful.

At BnP I was giving a presentation on Reaching the Young Generation, and I was completely astounded at the level of interest it received. I specifically remember Russ asking 3 or 4 questions one after another.

Here's a multimillionaire who is sitting there with a Pen and Paper over what some college kid is saying. In my mind there's no doubt why he's successful. He refuses to stop learning, or become comfortable with his knowledge.

Wow, ZDS, thank you for that.

I was completely blown away by your presentation. We have completely changed our reservation process based on some of the things you said (it's easier, and takes half the time now).

I appreciated your honesty-- and perhaps most of all, I appreciated your insight into people your age. I learned a lot.

Thank you. :tiphat:

-Russ H.

SuccessInMind

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 3, 2010
Santa Clara, California, United States
I just finished reading "What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep a Secret" and was blown away. It made me totally rethink how I want to do business. Thanks for this thread! I feel one more step closer to the fast lane already!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
hint: flawed logic

think it through.

it's a good exercise for business stuff. a lot of things in business seem so simple, and everyone's doing them the same way, so it must be the way. and it's not. the person who can correctly identify these things over and over... they get the money.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
What are the top paying affiliate programs ? Is there any resources for good affiliate programs ?
.............................:iamwithstupid:........................

Some people just aren't cut out for this....

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It would be more productive with an index of important information, versus sifting through threads wasting time. Not to mention when you do, you find broken links. But I suppose the forum has it's purposes on the opposite end of the spectrum discussing projects.

Volunteering? ;):p

Nemolein

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Nov 12, 2017
Brazil
Bump. This thread must be read by those who frequently are going to ask sh*t that it doesnt bring a interesting discussion.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
To Steve K - :yourock: Enjoy the books!

Another thing I noticed, it shows that MJ has posted 6000+ times on here but when you do a search, it will only show you 1500. Does anyone know if it's possible to go further back?

BTW, I also tried going back a year then searching for the last 1500, pretty much the same result. It sucks to think that the other 4500+ are buried, never to be read again. :( Do they get purged from the system at some point?

On a different topic, for those that haven't read MJ's and Les Gee's (and others) posts on the old RD forum, they are well worth spending the time reading. Some are pure gold. I've thought about re-posting some of them on here, but like Bill said if you're not willing to look for their treasures after being handed the map, it's unlikely that you'll do anything with the information once you've got it.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
The title to the thread shows your mastery of PR.

haha, thanks. it's funny you mention it. i had multiple titles i was deciding from and multiple initial storylines and kept going back and forth trying to figure out which one would have the biggest potential effect on people here.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
Just ordered this book on Amazon for .47! Can you f'ing believe that!?! .47! (plus s&h, of course)
"just about everything you need to know to be rich" for .47!!!

But if you want to know the name of it, you'll have to search for yourself. :)

Thanks for the tip, Bill, and great post!

why wouldn't you post the name?

LondonLife

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 8, 2010
London
To be honest I've been quite impressed by some of the users of this forum and their ability to work, put the effort in, and learn from those around them. This post gives those that don't do that a swift kick up the backside to get them into the right sort of mind. If you've got time to kill and want to 'make it', this forum contains valuable life lessons for everyone wanting to start a business.

Personally I've read alot of this forum, and enjoy alot of the sentiments and information I've gleemed off it. After my short time here MJ, Russ etc have commented on my own posts and made me consider my decisions. For me, this forum represents the opportunity to state ideas and share information. If it helps someone, thats great. If someone comments on my post with a constructive critasism, all the better :)

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
:thankyousign:It took me maybe 15 minutes of searching for this book to find it. Thanks Snowbank for the thread! Thanks kwerner for the .47 cent tip! And of course thank you to MJ for suggesting the book in the first place!

I have found even if the answers aren't spelled out for us, we are usually nudged in the right direction to discover our own answers. This makes it a lot more memorable.

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this forum!

taken me 2 hours so far..and you can't even go back to 2006 in the searches..

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Yeah, I was having a problem w/the 47¢ thing, too. :)

I mean, I have priorities, y'know.

-Russ H.

Hey, I'm a spoiled Internet brat, what can I say, it's not the .47 cents... I WANT IT NOW!!!

Don't get why I would wait for some person who's one insult away from gunning down half the neighborhood to deliver it by foot from a warehouse half way across the country ;)

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Awesome! Thanks everyone. I don't think it's .47 any more. HAHA.

I already bought this book so I think I will re read it again :)

Also, I went to the Amazon page and this is what it said:

Only 1 left in stock--order soon (more on the way)

Maybe everyone here has ordered one?

Off to reading this wonderful book again :)

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
And if you do, let me apologize in advance. I'm not proud of a lot of things I wrote over there and many of the postings reek with arrogance and political rhetoric. I read over some of them and was like "WTF?" I actually prefer that no one knows about that account, while the info might be valuable, the delivery is something that I am don't like attached to myself. It was why I left; I got too worked up by the mindless denizens over there and the vile tone had to stop.

It's crazy that I was so active over there for so many years, and I don't even remember a thread with you in it. We must have just passed in the night!

Cheers,
- Hakrjak

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!