The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ Interview on Simple Programmer !

Anything related to matters of the mind

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey guys,

I just saw an interview of MJ on one of my favorite YouTube channel and I thought that it would be a good idea to share it with you guys. I was so pleased to see the interview in the same week that I joined the FastLane forum ! The interview talks about mindsets that are shared in the MFL and talking a bit about his new book Unscripted that I got to definitely read! Very glad to be part of the community guys! Here's the video, hope you enjoy:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ6bC10IuFM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for sharing Claude!

ArcherCarmic

Action, Reflection, Repeat
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jul 27, 2016
Canada
hwzk8g.jpg

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Great interview, espicially the end part about the "struggle" of entrepreneurship. It was very subtle but it was something that really helped me shift a few beliefs and might help others:

@MJ DeMarco - The shortcut doesn't exist, and usually people struggle because they're looking for a shortcut. So their struggle has nothing to do with he actual struggle of Fastlane process, their actual struggle is the whole "I can't find the shortcut". (Paraphrased)

Something I wish you'd discussed more, because it jumped out at me as soon as I heard it and was totally relatable after launching out a few failed apps in the past few months. It's something I was looking for and hoping for- Launch a few games, 1 of them goes viral through a social media influencer, peaks on the Top Charts, I cash in big, the end...

NEVER HAPPENED

I'd been struggling with finding that shortcut. Would've been better if I'd just been struggling on creating something of high user value.

Although I believe it does happens very rarely(like with Flappy Bird), it's better not to think of yourself as one of the outliers who stumble on that shortcut.

I wish I'd accepted that a few months back.

If you feel like you're in the middle of "the struggle" with your business, be sure to just ask yourself

"Am I struggling because of the process of work, or am I just struggling because I can't seem to find the shortcut"?

It could save you months, or even years

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Watched this last night. Lots of nuggets @MJ DeMarco. Thanks and rep.

Some of my takeaways off the top of my head:

Your best book recommendation is... whatever book helps you solve the problem right in front of you.

The shortcut is to stop looking for shortcuts and get on with it.

You figured your 5-6 figure monthly business profits wouldn't last forever and were happy to sell up and make "unsexy" money from renting your money out.

People who don't think everyone can build a business have already resigned themselves to working a job. That's ok with you. The world needs employees.

We have a 24 hour day because of the earth's rotation. The 7 day week is a human construct. Our dog doesn't know what day it is. Neither do we until we go to school at the age of 5 and start to learn that we swap 5 days of something we're not so keen on for 2 days of our own time. (This part depressed me as I've got little kids...)

Take your money advice from people who are where they are from taking their own medicine, *and* who are doing what they want work wise. Is the financial advisor working 9-5 5 days a week the right person to take financial advice from if you want to retire early?

We're not really free. Stop paying property tax or income tax and see what happens.

Overall, I came away thinking even more that there's a real life matrix out there, designed to keep us plugged in and fuelling the system.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GameOver

World Domination
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 11, 2017
USA
I love the description that MJ gives of retirement in the video - that's what I want. It is interesting talking to friends and family about this topic... some of them literally cannot wrap their brains around the thought of retiring before 65. I think a lot of folks really do end up getting "programmed" by society.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.