The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ’s chapter on choices

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Been thinking about this lately. I have a lot of testosterone in me and I’m prone to taking a lot of risks. This has gotten me in trouble (fights and arguments) but can also be my greatest asset.
I’m afraid if I get too on top of the world I’ll start feeling cocky and do something that will completely ruin my life. Like tiger woods or other high performing people. Sure they. Can recover but F*ck is it hard to do so. I’ve done it before in my life. Got high on girls and fell into too much partying and drugs which led to my downfall. How do you keep grounded during those times? Mastermind group?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I'm starting to think, through observation of others and reflection on my own past, that there's something to Napoleon Hill's Transmutation concept.

Young guys are living dynamos of energy, but it's unfocused and a bit destructive; firing randomly in a million directions.

Personally, I needed to experience a few events that humbled me and got me to slow my roll a bit. When I experienced the powerlessness that my own misdirected wild energy lead me into, I kind of broke myself a bit. I resolved to train myself to keep my head down and focused on tasks that propelled me forward and upward.

Hopefully, you can steer yourself forward without a bottom out event, but if not, don't worry too long about it, it's actually a positive and transformative experience after the initial discomfort.

Fresho

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 15, 2019
I notice negative behaviour on myself too.
What Helps me staying grounded is a reflection of my behaviour. At least once a week or daily reflection about my actions and choices helps me to correct my path.

Reflection helps me also notice, that I shouldn't take things too seriously. Especially myself. Keeps the Ego in place.

Remember what you want to accomplish and what you have to do for this.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
You're already self aware enough to know this is a problem you're prone to. Prevent the problem before it starts. Keep your self busy with work or other things so theres less temptation to things you know could end up negative.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.