The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Minneapolis (and spreading) Riots, Civil Unrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
By now I’m sure everyone is aware of the riots going on nightly.

Hopefully no one here lives or has a business in any of the areas where the riots are taking place. It seems they are only going become more widespread and severe.

We live an in increasingly divided nation, both politically and economically, coming out of a 10 week lockdown, and rolling into the summer.

It’s pretty much a recipe for massive civil unrest, regardless of the catalyst. In this case, a gestapo pig choked to death a handcuffed man face-down on the ground. Media driven racial tension only exasperates the issue, and the powder keg is set to blow.

Just like ‘officials’ are predicting a second wave of COVID, I’m thinking there will be a second wave of civil unrest leading up to and after the election.

If you’re not armed you had better get working on it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I’m not racist and I don’t agree with the knee to the neck while you have someone in handcuffs on their belly.

However, these riots and looting are nonsense. What does looting have anything to do with raising awareness? MLK is rolling in his grave right now.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
For those of you who have been following the radio show for a while, my daughter that was my co-host for a while lived a few blocks from ground zero in St. Paul, MN until just a few months ago. Thank goodness she moved, but she is still in the broader area. My heart is broken for the city of my birth. I will be obsessively watching tonight as I think tonight will be the worst yet, although Minnesota deployed 13,000 national guard. I am not a big police state guy (at all) but outsiders are burning down these cities.

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
I’m not racist and I don’t agree with the knee to the neck while you have someone in handcuffs on their belly.

However, these riots and looting are nonsense. What does looting have anything to do with raising awareness? MLK is rolling in his grave right now.

Yeah, absolutely, but beyond closed doors you mention something even mild like that in today's social climate you risk your professional reputation.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

It’s not about raising awareness, this is what happens when people are fed up with oppression. Doesn’t matter if it’s taxes, police brutality, lockdown, etc.

Eventually you hit a boiling point and that’s where we’re at now, with a culmination of multiple points of oppression.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
It’s not about raising awareness, this is what happens when people are fed up with oppression. Doesn’t matter if it’s taxes, police brutality, lockdown, etc.

Eventually you hit a boiling point and that’s where we’re at now, with a culmination of multiple points of oppression.
Fair enough.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Media is blaming these riots on systemic racism.

Not to say that systemic racism doesn’t exist, it is the byproduct of government oppression.

We could debate all day whether or not the cop was racist, and what he did was racially motivated. At the end of the day it’s most likely just speculation. It’s a distraction.

The essence of the problem is that we have government thugs who are entitled by law to exert dominating force on the populace their discretion.

Rather than acknowledge that, the media paints the issue as black vs. white.

Regardless of your skin color, no ‘officer of the law’ should in any way be able to do what we saw happen to George Floyd.

Blaming race shifts the blame away from the government’s oppressive tendencies. Don’t fall for the narrative.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Peacefully protesting, cool.

Tagging buildings and cars with graffiti, setting cars and buildings on fire, and breaking/looting businesses... Not cool.

I get it, you’re mad. Mr. Floyd shouldn’t have died. It’s terrible. But it doesn’t mean we go ahead and destroy our city. This is OUR city, are we going to shit in our own beds?
Next week we’re going to come into downtown and be like what the hell happened here?

Pretty sure these riots aren’t even about Mr.Floyd anymore, and more about trashing and getting free stuff.

They say, if you’re not with us then you’re against us. F*ck that, I’m not going to be a part of something like this.

This is literally 20 minutes away from me.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Media is blaming these riots on systemic racism.

Not to say that systemic racism doesn’t exist, it is the byproduct of government oppression.

We could debate all day whether or not the cop was racist, and what he did was racially motivated. At the end of the day it’s most likely just speculation. It’s a distraction.

The essence of the problem is that we have government thugs who are entitled by law to exert dominating force on the populace their discretion.

Rather than acknowledge that, the media paints the issue as black vs. white.

Regardless of your skin color, no ‘officer of the law’ should in any way be able to do what we saw happen to George Floyd.

Blaming race shifts the blame away from the government’s oppressive tendencies. Don’t fall for the narrative.
This is what I was trying to say with my post but couldn't express it as well as you.

The media is turning everything into black & white. This is so far from the truth.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
By now I’m sure everyone is aware of the riots going on nightly.

Hopefully no one here lives or has a business in any of the areas where the riots are taking place. It seems they are only going become more widespread and severe.

We live an in increasingly divided nation, both politically and economically, coming out of a 10 week lockdown, and rolling into the summer.

It’s pretty much a recipe for massive civil unrest, regardless of the catalyst. In this case, a gestapo pig choked to death a handcuffed man face-down on the ground. Media driven racial tension only exasperates the issue, and the powder keg is set to blow.

Just like ‘officials’ are predicting a second wave of COVID, I’m thinking there will be a second wave of civil unrest leading up to and after the election.

This is not a racial issue, though the media and government is trying to make it one as a divide and conquered tactic. This is a police brutality issue.

View: https://twitter.com/joshencinias/status/1266957878927261696

Last edited:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Continuing my previous post...

The media is blaming racism and police brutality as the cause for the riots.

In reality, the death of George Floyd was the final catalyst leading to the current civil unrest.

The underlying cause, as said before, is government oppression. The lockdowns are the most recent and most severe oppression the US has seen in recent times, perhaps ever.

The lockdowns resulted in record unemployment, food shortages, and the upending of people’s lives.

People aren’t looting and rioting over systemic racism. They’re F*cking pissed because they’ve been physically, financially and socially oppressed by the lockdowns.

Looting and rioting are an outlet for the anger built from this oppression, catalyzed by the police state.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
It's Bullshit.

Everyone is against what that cop did and against police brutality. It was murder.

He was charged, and he will be sentenced.

Burning down your cities, destroying local businesses, striking fear into your neighbors in the name of "righteous action" is disgusting and quite literally the opposite.

It's not what George Floyd would want, and rather than coming together - we're dividing farther apart

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
This is not a racial issue, though the media and government is trying to make it one as a divide and conquered tactic. This is a police brutality issue.
It’s a government oppression issue.

Government perpetuates racism.

Government empowers gestapo pigs.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
It's Bullshit.

Everyone is against what that cop did and against police brutality. It was murder.

He was charged, and he will be sentenced.

Burning down your cities, destroying local businesses, striking fear into your neighbors in the name of "righteous action" is disgusting and quite literally the opposite.

It's not what George Floyd would want, and rather than coming together - we're dividing farther apart

i live in Minneapolis. The protestors aren’t causing the issues. We have been infiltrated by anarchists (mostly white) using the protests as cover for their mayhem. They’ve burned down almost an entire neighborhood.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
i live in Minneapolis. The protestors aren’t causing the issues. We have been infiltrated by anarchists (mostly white) using the protests as cover for their mayhem. They’ve burned down almost an entire neighborhood.
I don’t know this myself, but you’re not the first person to tell me so. Regardless, anarchists and oppressed blacks see the police the same. It’s the same catalyst and the same root cause: oppression.

I don’t support the riots. However I am not surprised in the least. It’s mob mentality and it’s dangerous.

Unfortunately the media will misdirect the blame, and the gestapo will stomp it out.

If this explodes beyond what the police state can handle, deserved as it may be, we have huge problems.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
And if you do get armed, don't be a F*cking idiot like the guy in the photo below.

He drove his car to the SLC protest, got out of the car while surrounded by hundreds of protesters, nocked an arrow (took him a good 15 seconds to nock it), let the arrow loose (seems that he didn't hit anyone), and then got bloodied up by everyone around him. Later, his car got tipped and burned. Don't be like this moron; don't try to win a Darwin award.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
And if you do get armed, don't be a F*cking idiot like the guy in the photo below.

He drove his car to the SLC protest, got out of the car while surrounded by hundreds of protesters, nocked an arrow (took him a good 15 seconds to nock it), let the arrow loose (seems that he didn't hit anyone), and then got bloodied up by everyone around him. Later, his car got tipped and burned. Don't be like this moron; don't try to win a Darwin award.
By armed I meant firearm. A piddly crossbow does not constitute someone as ‘armed.’

However the guy is an absolute moron. Normal folk do not engage the riot. :rofl:

Reactions: Kak

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
NOTICE:

If riot present, do not engage.

:rofl:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I mean, you could buy a gun. OR, you could buy a Pepsi and give it to a cop and end racism, oppression and violence forever.

Think smarter, not harder.View attachment 33265
Gestapo pigs love Pepsi.

Just look how infatuated that cop is with the pretty woman delivering him a soda.

:rofl:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is absolutely ridiculous.

Peacefully protesting, cool.

Tagging buildings and cars with graffiti, setting cars and buildings on fire, and breaking/looting businesses... Not cool.

I get it, you’re mad. Mr. Floyd shouldn’t have died. It’s terrible. But it doesn’t mean we go ahead and destroy our city. This is OUR city, are we going to shit in our own beds?
Next week we’re going to come into downtown and be like what the hell happened here?

Pretty sure these riots aren’t even about Mr.Floyd anymore, and more about trashing and getting free stuff.

View attachment 33261

They say, if you’re not with us then you’re against us. F*ck that, I’m not going to be a part of something like this.

This is literally 20 minutes away from me.
I hope this can be cleared up quickly, regardless of the steaming tensions.

Reminds me lots on the current HK protests as well. I can understand not being happy about harsh laws, but protesting until businesses, entire livelihoods and regular people are in chaos?

what’s the point of protesting for a better life or reforms, then, if all it’s doing is destruction?

@Ocean Man, do your best to stay safe. If I were in your shoes, I’d be getting the hell out of the city lol!

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014

Is this documented anywhere? I wouldnt doubt it but where is it being reported or followed accurately?

D

DeletedUser0287

Not just Seattle man...literally everywhere it seems now.

I agree this is totally out of hand, but I think their mentality is that every time something like this happens they want it to be known that destruction will happen in hopes of a new law or change.

Aka their message is, If you do something like this, you will get this (destruction). Government would be like, Oh I don't want this. We better change laws..

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
It's just a total mess from top to bottom. The people who protest violently are only hurting their own communities and shooting themselves in the foot. And sadly, in many parts of the US it will actually fuel racism even further, on both sides. It's just a complete meltdown. Some people are saying it's ANTIFA and paid instigators but that's for another discussion.

And the worst part about all this is that it will very likely be for nothing, in terms of real tangible change within the government. Sadly.

Violence through police force is the single greatest strength that any government holds over its people. The reason you pull over when a cop is behind you with their lights on, the reason you pay your taxes on time, and the reason people are even afraid to be late on a parking violation is that there's a GUARANTEE of eventual physical violence by the government via the police, upon people who do not play by the rules. So it is in the government's best interest for the police to be violent (freely) and even better - for citizens to fear their police. Anybody who thinks that the senate will pass some new law that restricts the polices' ability to be violent is in for a big disappointment. I don't know what the answer is but it's not looting Target and Louis Vutton, and it's DEFINITELY not destroying small business and burning up private residences in your own neighborhood. The rage and disgust is justified, but these actions are not.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
On mobile so having a difficult time editing that last video clip. But that’s in Minneapolis. National Guard going through neighborhoods and suburbs during mandatory curfew. Didn’t know they could just shoot you for being on YOUR porch. But we can’t shoot them? Feel like the next few days are going to be really difficult.. it’s only time before another civil-like war between government and people.

Salama2017

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 12, 2017
California

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
An opportunity just presented itself. Will you capitalize and solve this problem?

... and no, i'm not talking about a political problem.

Salama2017

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 12, 2017
California

You got the message but didn't quite understand it. When protests fail, riots follow. The whole world is now watching and listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!