The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mindset issue with money - Need advice

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Despite your bragging, I'll chime in haha

(the PUA stuff is cringe worthy at best and damaging to the forum at worst. Also, nobody really gives a shit how many women you've done the horizontal mambo with, ya know?)

Anyway,

Money by itself is a HORRIBLE motivator. You end up working just hard enough to get the bills paid and reduce your financial stress.

Ever notice how this forum is obsessed with finding your "why"?

Yeah, there's a reason for that.

Find a better "why" than "make money"

Freedom.

Control.

Security.

Legacy.

Providing value.

Helping parents as they age.

Etc, etc, etc...

buildingbetter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Aug 20, 2017
UK
I appreciate the men here who called out the ridiculous BS about women. MJ, thanks for having the locker room rule. I hope that this is a place more women will feel more comfortable since people like the OP are given the welcome they deserve.

OP, don't disrespect women when there's one paying your rent.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
When you have it you have motivation to make more. Same with woman.

Wait, what?

First of all that's wrong with money - seeing any kind of success usually drives folks to stop caring because they are doing "well enough". There's effort involved in going from good to great that most people struggle with.

Second of all that's wrong with women - you are describing a womanizer or sex addict. All I learned from your post about women is that I should probably use sanitizer after shaking your hand.

Any advice?

You need a lifestyle change.

Ignoring the ridiculous pick-up nonsense, you are living the life of a sidewalker. You are spending what you make, getting hired and fired all the time, only looking at what's directly in front of you. You aren't even in the slowlane yet.

You don't need motivation or dedication. You need an attitude adjustment and a change in lifestyle.

Go pick up "Awaken the Power Within" by Anthony Robbins and give it a read. Twice.
Re-read Millionaire Fastlane . Seriously consider what you're doing with your life.
Go pick up a book by Dave Ramsay and learn how to stop spending every dollar you make.

You need to identify the negative aspects of your life and put a hard stop to that shit.

Once you start asking how you can help others (and genuinely mean it when you say it) then you'll be well on your way to getting your shit together.
Right now it seems like the Crissco show, and nobody's buying a ticket to that.

Also, stop being an a$$:

Of course you're some smart a$$ kid.
Let me dumb it down for you
The "bragging" was me simply showing how well I did

If you don't like what someone says, or you feel insulted/offended by them, just ignore them.
Or address is calmly and politely. Don't throw insults like a child back at them.

Grow up dude.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You define success with woman as having gone through a lot of them.
That is probably your approach to money also... hence you used that up too.

You will need to switch up that mindset to keep money around. If you just use everything up for pleasure right away and then move on to the next thing you will never build anything.

You see your "success" with women as the ideal approach to changing your money issues but I see it as the initial problem.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I must have missed the forum announcement which stated the forum is now a men's locker-room.

And now we know why there aren't many women at this board.

The lack of maturity and awareness (outside of one's ego and selfishness) is astounding.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
This thread's hilarious.

Maybe your problem with getting money isn't motivation, but that you're an idiot.

Here's the plural form of "woman".
AhCeJLw.png

You've studied pickup for years man. It's not that hard to figure out how to spell "women".

The average person really is stupid, holy shit

Some actual advice:

The problem with pick up guys is that studying pick up creates arrogance and ignorance. You've conditioned yourself for likely 10+ years that you're the hottest shit around, when in reality you're a 30 year old loser on the brink of being homeless.

you guys obviously dont have

This is just one of the many examples of your purposeful ignorance. You keep putting yourself above others.

so just because most here are ugly, overweight and trying to compensate with money when I pulled it off with no car, no money, living with my parents in my 20s, don't put it on me.

:rofl:

I came into this thread and gave you the benefit of the doubt until I realized how insecure and pathetic you are.

I pulled it off same as you, but now I'm pulling it off with a nice car, money, traveling the world, and still in my 20's.

You're in your 30's now and in the same position you were in. No car, no money, and living off your mom's money. Think about that. You're in your 30's living off your mom's money. You're a joke, and the only thing you can be proud of is that you tricked a bunch of mediocre girls into sleeping with you.

Honestly, after this I see most of you as bad people, legitimately bad people.

:rofl::rofl:

Wow this really goes to show me you guys have to get laid.....Holy shit, this is sad lol

:rofl:

It's not a mental health issue, I am legitemitly bad with stress, give me a job that pays $2500 a month and im good.

This is my favorite part of the whole thread.

There's 173.33 working hours a month. Your goal is to make $2,500 a month.

$2,500 / 173.33 = $14.42.

Just go to McDonald's. Work hard. Get promoted to manager.

No reason for a whole thread to fix your mentality.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I ASK FOR HELP -> I GET ATTACKED -> I DEFEND MYSELF -> I GET SHIT ->I DEFEND MYSELF I GET MORE SHIT

That's how you see it.

This is how we see it:

You ask for help while gloating about how good you are (or were) with with women --> We tell you it's inappropriate and that you need an attitude adjustment --> You personally insult not only the people who called you out, but also the people who had nothing to do with this thread --> We tell you that's inappropriate and you need to grow up --> You call us all fat, lazy, money chasing jerks --> We call you a piece of shit --> You're dumbfounded.

Dumbfounded? Really?
Go show this thread to your mother.
She'll explain it to you, maybe slap some sense into you, and then likely remind you of the money you owe her.

Look.

You think we aren't reading or don't understand. We most certainly do.

You are saying you put a lot of time and dedication into a craft in the past, that craft happened to be picking up women (which most of us think is deplorable, by the way, which is why it wasn't taken well). You spent time and effort and dedication and built yourself up to get the results you wanted with women, and you want to apply this same dedication to business.

We get it. We aren't dumb. We UNDERSTAND.
It's not complicated. You spent a lot of time on something stupid and now you want to spend it productively.
This isn't rocket science.

The PROBLEM is you might as well said you spent a lot of time and effort learning how to pickpocket. Or steal cars. Or shoplift. Yeah these are all skills that take time to learn but almost nobody here considers this a virtue.

But you know what? You are correct - this is a MINOR point and one you could have easily said "wow, my bad, I didn't mean to offend anyone with that, I was just trying to explain that I know I'm capable of dedicating myself to something, I don't mean to disrespect the women here, I'm past this part of my life and want to focus my energy instead on positive and more productive places".

Instead you doubled down on the details, insulted us, continued to talk about how amazing you were, and acted like a child.

This would have been a mature response:

1. Acknowledge your F*ck up.
2. Apologize.
3. Accept the criticism and move past it.

Instead, you result to petty, personal attacks.
You call us fat. Lazy. Greedy. Blind leading the blind. Saying we can't read. And all sorts of other nonsense.
You not only defend your wrongs but double down on them and call us all F*cking idiots for not agreeing with you.
Then you try and take your ball and go home by asking for the thread to be locked after you get your last knife stab in?

We can't help someone who refuses to acknowledge a single shortcoming.
Who can't apologize for pissing everyone off.
Who resorts to holier-than-thou insults to make themselves feel better.

Right now you have positioned yourself as someone who nobody is going to take the time to help.
As far as anyone here can tell - you not only deserve the position you're in but are probably really lucky to not be further in the shit.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good I am happy for you, again not the point. - FYI be the man she first fell in love with. Alot of divorces happen since people "fall off" "get lazy:..etc
Thanks. You sound like the perfect person to take marriage advice from.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For anyone coming late to this thread, a nice reminder of the forum rules...

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 7.35.14 PM.png

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
So my issue is, how can I apply the same motivation to business as I did picking up woman. If you know my history I was having 2-3 chicks over a night, had up to 22 numbers in a day from OLD, had 13 girls over in a week. Pretty much for 5-6 years of OBSESSING over pick up / seduction I did damn well. Now I have to apply that obsession to business and money.

Probably the most cringeworthy thing I've read all week

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you know my history I was having 2-3 chicks over a night, had up to 22 numbers in a day from OLD, had 13 girls over in a week.

Sad, this is a 30 year old guy talking who legitimately thinks this is necessary information.

Wow this really goes to show me you guys have to get laid.....Holy shit, this is sad lol

Simply put, you're a piece of shit.

Go find help elsewhere.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I ASK FOR HELP -> I GET ATTACKED -> I DEFEND MYSELF -> I GET SHIT ->I DEFEND MYSELF I GET MORE SHIT

Wow, for someone that is good at "game" you sure aren't a very good communicator.

1) you didn't calibrate your intro for your audience AT ALL

2) you became highly reactionary (fight or flight response)

3) you displayed absolutely no outcome independence and instead reverted to defensiveness (personal attacks...really?)

4) you didn't use any sort of repair attempts when you mis-calibrated and other's became defensive (when people become defensive it's usually because their system has flooded with the "fight or flight" hormones, and that makes them impossible to communicate with. IOW you needed to reduce the "threat level" your audience is unconsciously feeling)

5) you didn't use any soft start-ups or clarifying questions to either diffuse your audience's negative reactions (defensiveness) or to discover intent

6) you doubled down on your defensiveness when "attacked" (ever heard of agree and amplify...bro?)

7) you offered NO positive feedback (reward) when people responded with what you wanted (advice), so you failed to keep anyone engaged interacting with you other than to argue

8) you showed absolutely no vulnerability which makes you unrelatable

Amateur.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I read this as asking for advice for a personality flaw, we can't fix that.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I came here for advice.

You mean you came here for advice that you only wanted to hear? Any advice that doesn't conform to your narrative, and well... we get this...

so just because most here are ugly, overweight and trying to compensate with money when I pulled it off with no car, no money, living with my parents in my 20s, don't put it on me.

Bc it's usually the blind leading the blind

And yet, here you are asking the blind for help.

I honestly don't understand why I was shitted on

So not only are you blind, you're deaf.

MJ lock this thread please.

Why? I want to hear about all these women you have collected, perhaps in a trophy case?

Anyway, thanks everyone for the positive posts and also the majority of the assholes who responded, you have shown me why I don't visit this forum much.

Gee thanks, and the 6 women who visit this forum, I doubt they come back either.

Tell you what, start another thread seeking help and try sanitizing the douchebaggery from it and Ill lock this thread per your request.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am legit dumbfounded right now. My post was never about picking up woman....

If you can't understand that it was, we can't help you.

You could have easily just said "So my issue is, how can I apply the same motivation to business as I did picking up woman. Pretty much for 5-6 years of OBSESSING over pick up / seduction. Now I have to apply that obsession to business and money."

I wish I could help you, but my motivation was always driving exotic cars. If you know my history I had 2-3 Ferraris at a time, once I drove 22 exotics in a day, had like 3 Lambos, a 458 and a Enzo in a week.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
Ok so one of the first few posts on this thread gave you the answer, you have to have a why. You responded with your why was stuff. Stuff is not a strong enough why to get you anywhere but a 9-5 job. People who work 9-5 work to get stuff. They work to keep a roof over their head, a car in the drive etc.

Your why is what will keep you going forward when your sales take a dive and you owe more money on your credit cards for inventory than you have in the bank. Your why is what will make you work late/early even though the new Game of thrones is on TV and you want to watch it. Your why is what will drive you to invest more time/effort into a business in a year than most people put into their jobs in a lifetime.

Why do you want money? Why do you want freedom? WHY?

BTW my why lays in bed to me every night with 2 more whys sleeping down the hall. It's not just them that are my whys, it's my time with them.

My why is time with those I love.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
BTW, I left this thread OPEN, but I banned the OP from commenting further on this thread. We already know how he perceives women, and now we know how he perceives anyone who disagrees with him: you're fat, ugly, can't get laid, again, this is a man in his thirties. I'm not gonna let him continue that ignorance here. Maybe he can learn something in any of the responses that follow... they've certainly been instructive.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Imagine not feeling well so you go on to a doctors forum and post up all about your bloodwork, health, and the symptoms.
Half of the most senior doctors come on and let you know things aren't good - you need to make some serious changes or they will quickly get worst. You respond with...

"I don't need this" "Everyone is shitting on me" "Why is everyone attacking me" "They keep making this about me smoking for the last 10 years"

You came on a business forum. You are broke. People are showing you the changes to make.

You need to see that the choices you made (and are still making) are getting you to where you are now.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Business is about building relationships.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
A friend of mine just sent me this video. Watch it all the way until the end. Perhaps the problem has nothing to do with money, but that you don't really care anything about doing web design? This company below has a really good video that is based on their mission/purpose.

They get up every morning with a purpose to do something specific, and it's the thing they are doing (web design/clean meat/etc.) which motivate them, not the having (money).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GgP6jo5DTM

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Not the point bro...Not the point. Let me dumb it down for you...I came here asking for advice, legit advice since I notice a bad pattern...Right?

It's like the saying, if you got nothing nice to say don't say it. - So you F*ckin erked me. Simple as that. People like YOU make forums, social media, men look bad. You get that? Think fist then shoot.(and yes I am consciously being an a**hole to you now on purpose)
Well, you're not really asking for advice. Just seems like you're bragging about all the women you slept with.

Why don't you ask something specific about the business you're working on, instead of questioning motivation issues?

There's lots of threads dealing with mindset and motivation on here, bring something new to the table.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
It's like I don't have motivation to make money.
Wait...what? You want us to "motivate you" to start making money?

If you don't want to make money, then don't make money. What's wrong with that?

I mean, I could never understand the "please motivate me" type of whining. Either you want something, or you don't
If you do, you will do everything to achieve it. If you do not truly want it, then even having Tony Robbins and Mark Cuban as your two dads won't help.
I can't even imagine logging in to a bodybuilding forum and asking members to motivate me to build muscle. How silly is that? Go to sports car forum and ask people how do you start liking sport cars because you don't.

When you have it you have motivation to make more.

I cannot relate to that. I actually started feeling less motivated at some point, when I already had my recurring passive income in place. Now working 14 hours a day is much harder for me than it used to be and I just don't do it.
I felt crazy motivated when I was living with my parents and had nothing. Looks like you are too comfortable. Maybe you just don't need any more money than you have right now.

Same with woman.
Can't relate to that either. I would always lose motivation for approaching and meeting multiple women when I was either in a good relationship or have a few interesting dating options. Maybe you should just keep having a job and continue following your passion which is clearly seduction.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Very ignorant, but valid answer. Again people miss what im saying here. The average person really is stupid, holy shit lol - All im getting is crap instead of actually breaking down what im saying. Im done with this lol you guys obviously dont have an open minded level of thinking.

You called all the posters here fat, overweight losers that make money to compensate for not getting women.

Why the hell would I want to help you?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.