The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MINDSET: How to make Fastlane into a 9-5??

Anything related to matters of the mind

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
As I have mentioned before I am currently unemployed and while I should be scrounging the help wanted ads, put my piece of paper from the University of Illinois to use and go for some entry-mid level employment that will give me a decent paycheck and probably leave me in the same spot 10yrs from now. Instead I'd rather use the time productively and build up my own fastlane plan. Thankfully at the moment I have roommates to help me foot the bill w/ the mortgage and I have enough in my bank accounts to hold me over for 3-6 months with ZERO income(this puts into account if my roommates either left w/o warning OR stiffed me on rent) and I feel I can put together a decent plan from absorbing the info on here like a sponge.

THE PROBLEM- Bad habits are hard to break and even when I had my business going I went from working 8-4 M-F, but when I knew it was going downhill and there was nothing I could really do, instead of keeping the 8-4hrs and using any down/extra time to research the next step, it turned to 10-4, then 10-2 and ultimately 12-2... and take days off whenever I felt like it. This is nothing new, granted when I had jobs where I had to report to someone ELSE I was ALWAYS on time, but my own biz and even my education(all 5yrs of it) I just kinda took with a grain of salt.

THE SOLUTION- I need to get myself into the mindset that this is something I HAVE to do and at the same time I know I can have fun doing it, but most importantly I can get on the FASTLANE!!!! One facet of my life that has shown that I can stick to something is that I am on week 10 of 30 weeks of training for the Chicago Marathon when I had little to no running experience in the past. At the same time I have been pretty lackluster w/ my other workouts such as strength training and core/ab work and need to apply the same principles of not missing a run to the strength training, but back to topic, I need to put this attitude towards running toward my attitude towards the fastlane and getting back on course(no pun intended :banana:)

Through this all I know time waits for no man and that there are those who make excuses and those who make money, but I will say that it is hard to do this alone and I am waiting for my parents to get back from their tax season down in AZ, which is one of the avenues I'd like to pursue, which would involve learning the trade from my father AND trying to give him a fast-lane "kick in the butt" toward building his business in a hot area(his "partner" has taken an out of the home business and turned it into about 4500 clients and counting this season... unfortunately it's nowhere close to a mutual partnership, more like 5/95... while my dad does about 40% of the work)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

czach41

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Oct 11, 2007
Denver
Use the possibility of working for somebody else as your motivation to get done what needs to get done. Put your back against the wall, then see how efficient and determined you are. It seems to me you have done this, as you have only a few months until your money runs out... the clock is ticking my friend. Use that to constantly remind and motivate you to put yourself on track for the fastlane! Good luck!

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I skimmed through this real quick, so correct me if im wrong.

But I believe the problem is having too much of a security blanket your not pushing yourself hard enough. If you really needed the money, or wanted to get into the fastlane that bad, you would be always thinking in the fastlane.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
well the problem is not that I have the security blanket, but that I have the funds to make myself feel that way.... I have more debt than money in my account, but I have the funds to pay my monthly minimum(plus a lil' more to keep the credit score up) + monthly expenses(utilities, phone, food, gas, etc) without having to tap into more debt(credit cards, personal line of credit, and home equity).

but yea, that is something I have to work on, I live in the middle-middle class way of life, I don't have the sense of urgency to get right on the fastlane since I have everything I need and then some BUT I do have the debts that go with it, which should be enough to kick me in the butt and get on the fastlane where I belong!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I think it all comes down to the WHY.

Why do you do what you do? That is the motivation.

If there is not a big enough WHY then you won't do it.

You stick to the Marathon training because there is a big motivation to do it. You get something out of it.

Maybe you are not clear on WHY you want to go after the goals you are mentioning?

Maybe you are going after these goals for the wrong reasons?

Everytime I read about this I remember this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpc-t-Uwv1I[/ame]

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
rep++

i was fortunate enough to see Tony Robbins in person at the same weekend seminar that I have been bashing left and right on these forums :rofl:

but it's amazing what you can get out of it and most of all it takes that reminder that you have to focus on the "why" and such things as the 6 needs as MJ once posted that if you have selfish motivation then you'll never succeed and how much it really takes to succeed that is what separates the successful from the unsuccessful...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.