The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Michelin 3-D Printed Concept Tires Can't Go Flat

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Airless, 3D-printed concept tires can’t go flat, never need replacementAirless, 3D-printed concept tires can’t go flat, never need replacement

Talk about innovation!

I love how future-oriented so many big companies have become.

Seems like all of the top players are suddenly on-board and all-in over the last 2 years.

I wonder if it's because new technology opened so many doors so fast.

Stale empires re-awakening. New life breathed into dying lungs.

Change the game and be the leader or risk falling by the wayside like so many others.

No better time to be alive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
They had a tire back in the day, many many years ago that wouldnt go flat.

Im not sure why they stopped selling it, but the commercial they had for it.. it looked like a normal tire and they drilled a huge hole in it and ran the car for miles and it didn't go flat.

Seems like they are circling back on the idea. Much like the McRib from McDonalds.

Carnage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Sep 4, 2015
They had a tire back in the day, many many years ago that wouldnt go flat.

Im not sure why they stopped selling it, but the commercial they had for it.. it looked like a normal tire and they drilled a huge hole in it and ran the car for miles and it didn't go flat.

Seems like they are circling back on the idea. Much like the McRib from McDonalds.
It's pretty conflicting. If they sell tires that never go flat, then they'll eventually go out of business, or lose a lot of it anyway
Just like a cancer cure...How many companies are profiting from continuous cancer treatments.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
It's pretty conflicting. If they sell tires that never go flat, then they'll eventually go out of business, or lose a lot of it anyway
Just like a cancer cure...How many companies are profiting from continuous cancer treatments.
I don't replace tires because they go flat. I replace tires because they wear out.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Google doesn't sell search. They sell ads (and probably your information :D).

There's other ways for companies to make money besides what they're known for.

It's not like Michelin only sells tires. ;)

0511st_29_z%2Bsport_truck_car_care%2Bmichelin_wheel_and_tire_products.jpg

Carnage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Sep 4, 2015
hahah I meant tires that never wear out or go flat.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada

I don't replace tires because they go flat. I replace tires because they wear out.

To add to this, the 1st video shows the opportunity to sell a tread printing service which can generate income either by charging per use or subscriptions.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014

Well changing to winter tires won't be free. I'm sure they will charge you to 3d print winter tires, or summers, or fall terrain packages.

they might even have a subscription based model.

and they will wear our. you will never have a product that contacts concrete, and doesn't wear out. it's impossible. or the technology doesn't exist yet. There will always be wear due to friction.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium

Michelin wins 0% when tires go flat. Only when they are damaged or worn out.

These new tires will also wear out because they probably have the same profile and thread as normal tires.

Carnage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Sep 4, 2015
Well changing to winter tires won't be free. I'm sure they will charge you to 3d print winter tires, or summers, or fall terrain packages.

they might even have a subscription based model.

and they will wear our. you will never have a product that contacts concrete, and doesn't wear out. it's impossible. or the technology doesn't exist yet. There will always be wear due to friction.

Michelin wins 0% when tires go flat. Only when they are damaged or worn out.

These new tires will also wear out because they probably have the same profile and thread as normal tires.

I think the idea is that you won't have to ever replace the tires because you can 3d print over the tires.

I didn't give my "going out of business" statement much thought, lol. I'll take it back.
Michelin can also sell the material for 3d-printing. Cleaning and subscription stuff like others have said. Lots of things they can do if this technology ever takes off.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.