The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mexican Shuttle Service

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Recently, I started doing research on opening up a transportation business to take individuals to and from the airport within touristic areas (e.g. Cancun and Cabo).

While I know the cost to acquire a few vehicles will be considerable, I believe my idea will be successful because of my IT and language knowledge.

So far, I have reserved the domains using .com, but I will soon expand to .ca, .uk, .ger to covrer international countries.

Has anyone conducted e-business in a foreign country would like to share?

:hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have reserved the domains using .com

This wouldn't be 1st thing on my list. First thing would be to analyze the startup barriers and solve those. For example, what permits will you need in Mexico and those cities? Is there protectionism? They might have rules for foreigners that prohibit such things. Every country has them and they're designed to protect jobs for the local residents. If so, you just bought a bunch of worthless domains.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Help me out here...you're buying domains, you are going buy vehicles for a foreign e-business, and you're going to expand soon into other countries?

It may help if you sat down and planned out what your thinking, what the rules are where you intend to e-business, and what you're actually going to be able to do/buy/expand into.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
He could always sell the domains but seriously dude at least get one operating and turning over a profit before planning world domination of airport shuttles.
Or at least go work at it for a bit to find out the pro's and con's.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
Thanks to everyone who replied and provided their input! Looking back, I should have provided more details on my original post. Perhaps I was too excited and acted out of impulse.

While I am still plotting my plan of action, I have done some leg work. First on my agenda is to determine what type of barriers, or permits, stand in the way of my business endeavour...as MJ stated. Next, I need to conduct some research to see what is needed to make the business profitable. This will include reviewing operational costs and miscellaneous expenses. Additionally, I would like to conduct an evaluation of my competition to see what services they provided, in additional to a typical airport pick-up, so I can tailor my business towards the appropriate market a little bi better. If all proves positive, I will become a Mexican dual citizen (via my mother). Lastly, I will solicit an angel investor/venture capitalists (even though I do have the funds to start it myself), with my co-partner who will be my brother.

A lot of work is still to be done. Since I am the master mind of this plan, I am well aware of the complexities of running a business as my parents were self employed and I am five classes away from getting my Bachelor's in Business Administration. Yet, I am still wet behind the ears and I plan on requesting a mentor from score.org if I elect to proceed with this business idea. Leaving my job, which pays well, would be scary yet owning my own enterprise would be so awesome; dream come true.

BTW, I used to live close near Napa Valley in California and that is where this idea started to brew and I'm loving it. Any additional advice out there? Keep it coming.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I can't say from a business-building perspective, but one thing I enjoy about going to Las Vegas are shuttles. Granted, they take more time, but it's awesome knowing you aren't going to be long-hauled by taking a taxi. Hire friendly, efficient people that can provide insight into things to do, places to visit, etc, and business should be good. Shuttles in Vegas were $15 round trip from airport. Kind of irrelevant...just my thoughts as a traveler.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Talk to the resorts and destinations and see if you can manage / upgrade whatever shuttle service they currently (or used to) have.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
ZCP: "Talk to the resorts and destinations and see if you can manage / upgrade whatever shuttle service they currently (or used to) have."

Bird-dogging is something I definitely intend to do!!! It's on my list.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.