The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Mexican Manufacturers

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Hello All!

So I'm tossing around the idea of starting up a new brand. It is going to have a summer/beach/tropical theme to it.

Anyways, I'm thinking that it would help to have products manufactured in Mexico for a few different reasons. I have only used Chinese manu's before. Does anyone have experience working with Mexican manufacturers? Is there a good way to find them? I know Alibaba works great for Chinese ones. Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Reactions: Kak

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
You will find a lot of relevant information here: Let's discuss the "trade war", will it impact your biz?

and here: Manufacturing in Mexico - Pros/Cons

You asked: "Is there a good way to find them? I know Alibaba works great for Chinese ones. Thanks!" The answer to the first part is: See My AMA and to the second part is See My AMA.

Hint: The brief answer to the second part is that it does if you know what you are doing, but it can be treacherous if you don't.

Walter

OP
OP
pgtownsyou

pgtownsyou

Forge Ahead
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 29, 2013
Minnesota
Thank you for the info! I've done a bit of digging through your posts and a few of the sites that you suggest.

I think I may have to forego that part of my brand and just manufacture in China. I did not have any luck finding Mexican manufacturers for the product I'm interested in.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Thank you for the info! I've done a bit of digging through your posts and a few of the sites that you suggest.

I think I may have to forego that part of my brand and just manufacture in China. I did not have any luck finding Mexican manufacturers for the product I'm interested in.
Help might be on the way with the release of my 2019 revision due out in a few weeks. (I hope)

It will include a vastly expanded list of sourcing sites for countries other than China. There is not much that is manufactured in China that can't be produced competitively in other countries, and some members have reported success in that regard.

Walter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom