The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Merchandising and selling t-shirts (ugh...)

Idea threads

Purvik yadav

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2022
Hi everyone, I am a young entrepreneur from india and me and my friend had this idea while in school to startup with minimum investment.basically the plan is to start a merchandise company.so what we where thinking is, we buy plain T-shirts and pants from wholesale merchants in a cheap price and then print them and later sell them on websites like Amazon. After it clicks and starts generating income, we were thinking of doing the same with shoes and sneakers.please let me know your opinions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Just two questions to answer before you get started:

#1 Who will buy your shirts?

#2 Why wouldn't they buy literary any other shirt? There are shirts with millions of designs from $1 each to $1000 eachh.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi everyone, I am a young entrepreneur from india and me and my friend had this idea while in school to startup with minimum investment.basically the plan is to start a merchandise company.so what we where thinking is, we buy plain T-shirts and pants from wholesale merchants in a cheap price and then print them and later sell them on websites like Amazon. After it clicks and starts generating income, we were thinking of doing the same with shoes and sneakers.please let me know your opinions.

My opinion on this is pretty clear in any of the books I've written, so I won't bother to repeat it here. You're welcome to stick your hand in the fire and discover all the wonderful feelings that come with getting burnt...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I suggest reevaluating your definition of an entrepreneur. An entrepreneur is someone that maximizes utility. It’s an input to production.

Take a step back and detach yourself from your desire for money and take a birds eye view on how resources are allocated.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
The title comes with (...Ugh) in it. Your own opinion of it is such, so why elicit anybody else's when your subconscious is already giving you the cue you need.

Ask a better question, get better answers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The title comes with (...Ugh) in it. Your own opinion of it is such, so why elicit anybody else's when your subconscious is already giving you the cue you need.

This was my own edit. His original title was just a lonely "Merchandise" which would illicit NO responses. In fact, it probably has to be the worst title every crafted in the 15 year forum history... which is why I edited it.

D

DeletedUser84644

How far have you gone with reading MJ's books? Have you read all three, or are you still in the process of reading one of them?

ijack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 27, 2021
Any update?

danielsk

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 28, 2024
How is the t-shirt business going for you now? If you're looking for a prime example of a successful t-shirt selling business, this shop is a must-visit. Personally, I've ordered a couple of things from them, and each time, I've been pleasantly surprised by the excellent customer service they provide

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.