The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mentality: The Starting Place For All Things "Game"

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
Hey Gents (and Ladies),

Long time lurker, first time value-adder. While my legal business is my priority, I'm also big into self-improvement with the ladies and love to respond to questions and give advice in that realm.

In my humble opinion, there’s one thing that all game (and most of success in life, such as entrepreneurship) stems from: your mentality. Everyone talks about becoming more confident, social, improving your approach game, texting strategies, etc. It’s all important stuff, and it all stems from your mentality.

I love answering people's problems here over on /r/seduction (subreddit for those who haven't been), and a common theme to most of my comments there is that the person's mindset is off. Maybe he's not confident enough, maybe he's got one-itis, maybe he isn't approaching the situation from the right angle.

Think about it: almost everything you do, say or even strategize (“what should I say to her?”) all stems from your mentality at that very moment. What you will say to a girl from a confident mental place will be 100% different from what you'd say from a negative or depressed mental place (and maybe more importantly, how you'd say it).

So for anyone just starting to improve their game in any way, or anyone who’s hit a plateau of sorts or needs an adjustment, first focus on your mentality. There are a ton of articles, blogs and books on how to improve your mentality so give those a read for more in-depth knowledge, but to start, focus on the ones covering confidence, a care-free attitude and just being a fun person.

Those are loaded topics, which I will cover in other posts.

Cheers

As an FYI, this was one of the three weekly emails I send out to my email list. Every single week, I send an email like the one above covering all aspects of game on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I keep them short and actionable.

Note: I don't have a single thing to sell to you - no ebooks, no physical products, nothing (I wish I did! lol). Sign up is free and always will be, I just enjoy writing in general and writing about game takes my mind off business for a bit and interests me.

If you'd like to join the list, take a look at the following link to sign up: <link removed by mod>

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Wait, are you saying that how you behave in dating and business stems from how you think?

So the bull testicles necklace I purchased is useless?

be4.36628

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
I'll admit I have a love-hate relationship with the pua/game threads that pop up every so often on the forum. Nothing is more cringeworthy, yet oddly entertaining to watch unravel.

*** grabs popcorn ***

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
Based on the reactions so far, I guess it was a bad idea to breach the topic? In certain online communities, we have helpful and productive discussions on topics like this, but not all things are alike I suppose. It's one of my favorite topics to discuss and share ideas about, but looks like I'm in the minority here.

Yes, some of what I said may be basic, but it's often overlooked and not everyone is at an advanced stage of their game or love life. To each his own!

Harbourmaster

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Based on the reactions so far, I guess it was a bad idea to breach the topic? In certain online communities, we have helpful and productive discussions on topics like this, but not all things are alike I suppose. It's one of my favorite topics to discuss and share ideas about, but looks like I'm in the minority here.

Yes, some of what I said may be basic, but it's often overlooked and not everyone is at an advanced stage of their game or love life. To each his own!

Kudos to you for having the self-awareness to take a step back and realize that your message is not being well received. This is one step ahead of most people that come to the forum to demonstrate their level of "game".

Since you have been a long-time reader of the forum, you should be aware that pick-up, seduction, game, the commoditization of sex and/or women is not generally well respected or encouraged around here. I will not argue with you whether your lessons and newsletters fall into these categories or not.

This forum is about creating value to society. While you are on your journey to doing so, keep in mind whether you'd appreciate your lessons and the "value" you are offering being used on your sister, your mother, your daughter, or any other woman for that matter. In the case of pick-up, I hope you see this may not be the best use of your brainpower.

Last edited:

GDalf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 3, 2017
Canada
Kudos to you for having the self-awareness to take a step and realize that your message is not being well received. This is one step ahead of most people that come to the forum to demonstrate their level of "game".

Since you have been a long-time reader of the forum, you should be aware that pick-up, seduction, game, the commoditization of sex and/or women is not generally well respected or encouraged around here. I will not argue with you whether your lessons and newsletters fall into these categories or not.

This forum is about creating value to society. While you are on your journey to doing so, keep in mind whether you'd appreciate your lessons and the "value" you are offering being used on your sister, your mother, your daughter, or any other woman for that matter. In the case of pick-up, I hope you see this may not be the best use of your brainpower.

Thanks for the respectful response and feedback. I mostly follow the forum for business advice/tips, but figured it would be a worth a shot especially considering it's in the relationships section - the beauty of a forum with sections is people can ignore the ones that don't interest them. That being said, the topic is clearly not a popular one so I've learned my lesson!

In terms of your final thought, I think it's an unfair assumption to make that what I discuss and/or offer has to do with the commoditization of sex and/or woman and that pick-up is not the best use of my brainpower. I don't degrade women, I don't disrespect women, and I don't preach to others to do those things either. I think it's worth people's time and effort to live a happy, healthy life including dating and sleeping with women in a healthy capacity if they want to, and saying that trying to improve game is a waste of ones brainpower is as subjective as saying that trying to improve at another hobby, such as video games, is a waste of ones brainpower.

Harbourmaster

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
saying that trying to improve game is a waste of ones brainpower is as subjective as saying that trying to improve at another hobby, such as video games, is a waste of ones brainpower.

... wait, what?

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I mostly follow the forum for business advice/tips, but figured it would be a worth a shot especially considering it's in the relationships section - the beauty of a forum with sections is people can ignore the ones that don't interest them.

I'm not anti "game" AT ALL.

But, at the end of the day this forum is built around the specific knowledge contained in The Millionaire Fastlane & Unscripted books.

Which means the "relationship" section is really about things like "my wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend is not on-board with the fastlane lifestyle I am building, what do I do?"

NOT

"Picking up chicks 101"

There are 10 million other places on the internet where men can learn that.

Besides, you know it's against the forum rules, right?

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Hahaha this thread is gold already. Based purely on entertainment.

... wait, what?

I laughed very hard.

I have realised through the PUA threads that pop up, this forum already as a pretty grounded understanding of inter-personal relationships (propbably because it is a huge part of business). And therefore "game" is nonsense to them, because they don't need to partake in the "game"

This forum is full of game makers, not players.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah dude, we're not really interested in "game".

The focus of the forum is entrepreneurship. Despite your insistence to the contrary, I don't believe there is a significant link between "game", with respect to "dating", and entrepreneurship.

Entrepreneurship is about creating lasting value and a product/service that people value more than their hard earned cash. Just as important to the entrepreneur as the sale, is the follow up and customer service.

As I see it, "game" is about short term gain the dating arena. Otherwise, it would be just general self improvement - how to make yourself a more valuable and attractive mate. If you need to focus on the veneer to sell the product, then the substance probably isn't up to par.

stefan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jul 29, 2013
Dallas, TX
I think that having success with women is an important part of an entrepreneur's journey.

But dude, this forum is great because it's just business. I love that I can come here and interact with big-thinking entrepreneurs.

Entrepreneurship is 1000x harder to master than having success in your relationships with women.

These things are in two totally different leagues.

This forum is the big leagues.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Yeah dude, we're not really interested in "game".

The focus of the forum is entrepreneurship. Despite your insistence to the contrary, I don't believe there is a significant link between "game", with respect to "dating", and entrepreneurship.

Entrepreneurship is about creating lasting value and a product/service that people value more than their hard earned cash. Just as important to the entrepreneur as the sale, is the follow up and customer service.

As I see it, "game" is about short term gain the dating arena. Otherwise, it would be just general self improvement - how to make yourself a more valuable and attractive mate. If you need to focus on the veneer to sell the product, then the substance probably isn't up to par.

Hey Lowtek, good burn at the end btw

But yeah, no need to waste energy thinking a guy trying to get better with women is a badguy (it is a bit like guys in business chasing a ferrari, after you succeed with flashy things you presumably calm down and get serious about your life and what it needs). Some guys focus on flash, before it finally clicks that you want foundations.

I mean, the two fields aren't enemies anyway. Success whether in business or with a girl you really like are important things to have, I think we could all agree on that. The HOW might be a question we stubbornly hold onto (I also agree on substance not the vaneer), but we can understand ambition, which is presumably a part of what Gdalf does (until he finds a great girl).

A good friend of mine owns one of the most successful companies and we often talk business with each other, he's one of the better entrepreneurs I ever got to know. A good friend.

Relationships and Entreprenuership do have a few related themes
1) Action taking (don't just spin your wheels thinking of it, do something)
2) Go unscripted (lose what everybody told you to do)
3) Developing independence and abundance
4) Adding value rather than taking value (no one succeeds in business or with a woman without being generous and authentic)
5) Psychology

I understand peoples reservations about the dating industry though
Some common misconceptions about "pickup" is that it is a form of trickery
Trickery involves dishonesty and a lack of substance or understanding
And any guy doing that with women is not going to find success
One of the main things with women is radical honesty, not hiding your intentions, discussing relationship options with her, in order to get on the same page (the same as what we do when discussing our services and products with clients, we are upfront about what we can deliver and don't make false promises)

That said
Gdalf
Try not to poke the bear here by linking your blog
Mindsets is already included as a subforum here
So its a mute point

A better thing to do might be to read a thread like ICECREAMKID's
GOLD - The "Astonishing Secrets" Thread
It is an entreprenuerial thread about generosity that is also true with women (people love people with great energy and a zest for life)
Be generous, and generousity will come back to you, emotions are contagious etc

But the problem in business is, AND THEN WHAT? What do we do other than be generous? Other than getting unscripted ? How do we find our pathway?
With women, you talk to them (with men you figure out how to set boundaries)
With business?
You make sales, one at a time at first then figure out how to better the process.

Not always easy to do in either case.
Business is TOUGH
Women(or men)... are also tough

No one has perfect answers for either imo
We are all on an eternal search for our answers
Its a hard life :p

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Some great replies.

I'll let @MJ DeMarco or @Vigilante decide whether to move this to landfill, or leave it here so people can see what the forum thinks of "game".

Building confidence?

Overcoming shyness?

Getting out of your own way?

Understanding what others really want?

Putting your best foot forward?

Knowing how to build meaningful relationships?

These are all 100% useful goals for both business and life.

Game?

Seduction?

Pick-up?

Artist?

Jesus...

Business is about building relationships.

What type of relationships are you building with people when you use those words openly?

What mindset do you have when you try to build relationships with people when you even *think* of those words?

This is a forum of business owners and people who want to become business owners.

Some of those people are women.

Some of those people will have customers who are women.

Some of those people will have a mother, who is a woman.

Some of those people have a sister, who is a woman.

Some of those people will fall in love with a woman.

Some of those people will have a daughter, who'll grow up to be a woman.

For your own sake, think about what you're doing, and the relationships you're making or breaking.

I have three sons. I hope they don't grow up to hear *any* of those words.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
I feel this thread has derailed a lot into talking about how having sex is bad.
Which, you know, I totally agree. Women should't be touched, what if it was your mother, sex is for procreation. All that.

The real WTF is that OP came here to shill for his mailing list with some two cents copywriting trick that could never work on a forum of salesmen. Yeah, sure, the "value adder" bit using forum lingo was kind of nice, but the CtA in the PS? Come on.
Shoddy, my boy, shoddy. Not hating. It's the, well, the game, isn't it?

I also saw a jab to videogames somewhere in this thread and so I'm going to reiterate here: the purpose of entrepreneurship is to have more money to spend on videogames. Not your stupid Ferraris or vacation homes. Videogames. Have you seen my Steam wishlist? I need a billion dollars to buy all that stuff.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I don't believe there is a significant link between "game", with respect to "dating", and entrepreneurship.
I definitely do, but it's all good.
It depends on what you think of when you hear the word game.
The blue pill version where guys trick girls in order to get laid at a bar.
Or the red pill version where guys maximize their effectiveness through mindset and desirability.
After learning about both of them myself, they definitely have serious similarities.
I noticed similarities everywhere while I was learning about game - just not the "game" society wants you to think of when you hear the word.

Building confidence?
Overcoming shyness?
These are all part of game.

Game is the process of maximizing your desirability and using it to attract girls/guys, similar to maximizing the desirability of your product to attract buyers - not costumes and cheesy pick up lines. That's the result of people teaching what worked for them without knowing why it worked. For example, a guy says a cheesy pick up line to a girl and she loved it. So he says use this pick up line. The other guy tries it and fails. Why? It was the same pick up line. Well, it worked for the first guy because he was confident and made sure her body language indicated she was interested in him. It didn't work for the second guy because he was nervous and approached the girl without making eye contact which creeped her out. The game here is confidence and making sure she shows interest in you before approaching her. The business equivalent would be creating a product you're proud of and not offering it to someone until they've shown interest in your product. Seduction is similar to copywriting, and some copywriting is seduction. It is very similar.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Some great replies.

Building confidence?

Overcoming shyness?

These are all 100% useful goals for both business and life.

Exactly, so long as we all focus on the right things,
No one wants to talk about "get women now now now", ha, I have adblocker on my mozilla for a reason
Just so you know though Andy, most successful stuff out there these days is focusing more and more on those things
There is a very restricted market for anything cheesy, most customers and people in general are only gravitating towards authentic content
Less and less focus is spent on anything else in the up and coming businesses,
While true that enough of the facepalm stuff is still going on to have some concern
Guys like my friend combat that every day in order to push forwards the right things
I respect that about him, it is about self improvement etc much like entreprenuerialism

Still a bit cheesy though
My gf and I chuckle over it sometimes

I feel this thread has derailed a lot into talking about how having sex is bad.
Which, you know, I totally agree. Women should't be touched, what if it was your mother, sex is for procreation. All that.

The real WTF is that OP came here to shill for his mailing list with some two cents copywriting trick that could never work on a forum of salesmen. Yeah, sure, the "value adder" bit using forum lingo was kind of nice, but the CtA in the PS? Come on.
Shoddy, my boy, shoddy. Not hating. It's the, well, the game, isn't it?

I also saw a jab to videogames somewhere in this thread and so I'm going to reiterate here: the purpose of entrepreneurship is to have more money to spend on videogames. Not your stupid Ferraris or vacation homes. Videogames. Have you seen my Steam wishlist? I need a billion dollars to buy all that stuff.

Found this funny
But it also raises a good point
We aren't here as entreprenuers to police what people do

Many entreprenuers sell sex toys, its a big industry
Some run dating websites and meetup platforms (even adult meetup platforms)
Can't be too prudish about these things

Though having our limits, makes sense.
I remember being introduced to some of the CEOs of pornography industry
It was... interesting, but not for me.

It is all business though. And we are adults :p
Just hope that any of these discussions go towards BUSINESS in the end
As gesticulating on points of contention really aren't going to ADD anything much
And most entreprenuers don't have all that much to discuss on the topic since it isn't their focus
Their focus is on the next hurdle, the next sale, the next executeable step
Mindsets too of course but based on their business

Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Just hope that any of these discussions go towards BUSINESS in the end

FFS, this thread is at the top of my feed this morning. Ugh...

Keeping this on the topic of business...

Each thread here, hell each comment here, is like a product for this forum.

I joined here because of specific threads and specific comments I consumed , I found value in, and those threads and comments sold me on becoming a member of this forum.

That makes me a customer of this productocracy. I've sent many people IRL to this forum as well. These are new people that will decide for themselves whether this is a product they find value in, and become a customer of.

How many other members send people here? (lots) How many others find this forum on google? How many find their way here through TMF or Unscripted ? (hint: it's a lot of freakin' people)

Is a thread about picking up women a good product to offer for potential entrepreneurs? A good product for this productocracy? A good product for new people evaluating whether or not this productocracy is for them?

Not only do we have access to some amazingly successful self-made entrepreneurs (and lot's of soon to be successful entrepreneurs), but we also get to watch THIS productocracy in action!

Watching how MJ conducts his business here is probably the best lesson on this forum!

If this forum allowed conversations about picking up women, which is a very polarizing discussion, what are the potential effects (affects? I never know lol) to his productocracy?

1. About half of the men would be against it, be vocal about it, and get accused of being a white-knight.

2. About half of the men would be for it, be vocal about it, and get accused of treating women like sex objects.

3. The vast majority of women would take exception to it. This reaction could be anything from an "eye roll" to protecting themselves by leaving the forum. (this is a worldwide productocracy. How much of the population is female? Would you like to potentially turn-off half your potential customer base?)

4. The already successful men and women will see it as childish arguing (I certainly do), and would then have to decide if being here is worth our most valuable asset...our time.

So unless this is a poor attempt at a progress thread, and this @GDalf guy operates a company that teaches game (is your name Owen?), then all this is is a thread about picking up women.

There are many ways to talk about mindset without talking about picking up women that teaches the same thing, but without being cringe worthy and potentially damaging to the forum.

I've said this before in another thread about "game", but guys that come in here like this seriously miscalibrated to the audience they are speaking to (which is day 1 stuff for game lol), so why would anyone listen to them anyway?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
FFS, this thread is at the top of my feed this morning. Ugh...

Keeping this on the topic of business...

Each thread here, hell each comment here, is like a product for this forum.

I joined here because of specific threads and specific comments I consumed , I found value in, and those threads and comments sold me on becoming a member of this forum.

That makes me a customer of this productocracy. I've sent many people IRL to this forum as well. These are new people that will decide for themselves whether this is a product they find value in, and become a customer of.

How many other members send people here? (lots) How many others find this forum on google? How many find their way here through TMF or Unscripted ? (hint: it's a lot of freakin' people)

Is a thread about picking up women a good product to offer for potential entrepreneurs? A good product for this productocracy? A good product for new people evaluating whether or not this productocracy is for them?

Not only do we have access to some amazingly successful self-made entrepreneurs (and lot's of soon to be successful entrepreneurs), but we also get to watch THIS productocracy in action!

Watching how MJ conducts his business here is probably the best lesson on this forum!

If this forum allowed conversations about picking up women, which is a very polarizing discussion, what are the potential effects (affects? I never know lol) to his productocracy?

1. About half of the men would be against it, be vocal about it, and get accused of being a white-knight.

2. About half of the men would be for it, be vocal about it, and get accused of treating women like sex objects.

3. The vast majority of women would take exception to it. This reaction could be anything from an "eye roll" to protecting themselves by leaving the forum. (this is a worldwide productocracy. How much of the population is female? Would you like to potentially turn-off half your potential customer base?)

4. The already successful men and women will see it as childish arguing (I certainly do), and would then have to decide if being here is worth our most valuable asset...our time.

So unless this is a poor attempt at a progress thread, and this @GDalf guy operates a company that teaches game (is your name Owen?), then all this is is a thread about picking up women.

There are many ways to talk about mindset without talking about picking up women that teaches the same thing, but without being cringe worthy and potentially damaging to the forum.

I've said this before in another thread about "game", but guys that come in here like this seriously miscalibrated to the audience they are speaking to (which is day 1 stuff for game lol), so why would anyone listen to them anyway?

So glad when I clicked this thread it autoscrolled passed everything I'll assume wasn't worth reading anyway and only showed your post. Thanks @MidwestLandlord

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013

Well said, and this is a sound reason for it not being discussed here
Messaging
True it is a business as I pointed out, but I agree that it is not one that should be upfront and center when many are struggling enough as it is to accept the unscripted mindset and put it into action.
People coming here shouln't also be met with topics that confuse things.
Gdalf, leave the PU talk at those other forums, and just talk instead about your sales filter, copy, attitudes in business, and customer conversion/retention strategies etc.
That way we can relate as entreprenuers without the fuss

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.