The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mental Challenges Around The World?

Anything related to matters of the mind

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
This morning I got a question from a friend asking me about "mental challenges" activities. Not like self imposed challenges (like taking a cold shower or meditating) but something that involves a group. The only thing that came to mind was to suggest a Vipassana retreat, any other ideas?

What is the "challenge" supposed to be like? (meaning, what's the purpose of it, what would it be trying to accomplish? Testing willpower? Learning something? etc.)

PlateauCoach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 12, 2019
contemplating by reading or writing (handwriting) a text passage daily for a month over and over again. (Often done with the Serenity Chapter of James Allen's book "As a man thinketh" or e.g. the T.A.G.R. chapter persistence by Napoleon Hill.) Possible in groups, 1:1 with accountability partner but also "self-imposed". The will is one of your six higher faculties. It's your ability to shut off disctractions(ignore sensory factors) during your thinking process. Most exercises I know are for one person and not meant to compete with another one (although you are competing with your "old" habitual behaviour).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
What better disciplined activity than starting your own business? That's the ultimate test, where all your flaws, fears and bad habits unravel. And if overcome successfully, it even might give economic benefits!

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Testing willpower/improving discipline. To give a bit more of context, he was telling me about having done these physical challenges ( triathlon, trail running) but now wanted to try a more mental challenge.

The best training for mental will power for me came from physical training (i.e. for a triathlon). Only other thing that came close was cold shower therapy.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
  • Competitive programming
  • Rubikscube tournaments
  • Chess competitions
  • Language learning groups
Those are just several off the top of my head

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
This morning I got a question from a friend asking me about "mental challenges" activities. Not like self imposed challenges (like taking a cold shower or meditating) but something that involves a group. The only thing that came to mind was to suggest a Vipassana retreat, any other ideas?

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
What is the "challenge" supposed to be like? (meaning, what's the purpose of it, what would it be trying to accomplish? Testing willpower? Learning something? etc.)
Testing willpower/improving discipline. To give a bit more of context, he was telling me about having done these physical challenges ( triathlon, trail running) but now wanted to try a more mental challenge.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Learn a new language together? Instrument?

Knitting group? Knitting takes skill AND patience. Then he can donate a lot of scarves to homeless people.

Chess?

Everyone break a bad habit?

Edit: I forgot you said group activities I deleted the individual ones

Last edited:

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Team building exercises often use physical activities to build rapport within the group and also increase productivity.
Look up challenge courses, team building days or retreats.
Also Escape Rooms can require team problem solving.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.