The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

meetups in real life

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
i'm thinking of having a real life meetup with fastlane members in real life, but im not sure whether this is safe or not....

does anyone have any experience on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dutchy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Apr 20, 2011
London
Sure, why not? Obviously don't meet in a hotel room with one member....unless you're into that sort of thing of course, lol.

AJGlobal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
i'm thinking of having a real life meetup with fastlane members in real life, but im not sure whether this is safe or not....

does anyone have any experience on this?

MJ and I met because we both were members on a lambo forum. I saw his location and it said he was in Phx, so I dropped him a PM and we met the next week a local car show that goes on every Saturday night. I'd never met him in person or knew what he looked like and the same went for him. All I knew is that he was in a titanium color lambo diablo and he knew I was in a Black Gallardo. He still owned his company back then and was doing well and I had just gotten my first lambo and my company was doing well.

At first it was the cars that brought us together, but the conversations we had from that day forward had less and less to do with lambo's and more to do with life and getting to know each other pasts and where we came from and how we got to where we were at that point in our lives.

Find that...........because that connection for me was priceless. MJ and I did some things together after that with our girlfriends at the time, dinner, car drives and even took a trip to my place in Park city for a weekend. Then we kinda lost touch for a while until recently.

I'm not gonna lie, for us it was the lambo's that brought us together but that doesn't mean you can't meet other successful people because you don't drive a lambo.

RollsRhys

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 22, 2011
Seattle, WA
I don't think it's a bad idea, especially if you find some people on this forum who you find interesting and are equally interested in learning about your fastlane path, trials, and triumphs as you are from theirs.

I think if you strike up a good relationship with a group of like-minded strivers, it can only be helpful in the long run.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
For us, their are a group of members that live in Southern CA.
Someone made a group consisting of only people that live in Southern CA and we were supposed to do a meetup but Im not sure what happened after that.

Or you can exchange facebooks and meetup from their.

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
MJ and I met because we both were members on a lambo forum. I saw his location and it said he was in Phx, so I dropped him a PM and we met the next week a local car show that goes on every Saturday night. I'd never met him in person or knew what he looked like and the same went for him. All I knew is that he was in a titanium color lambo diablo and he knew I was in a Black Gallardo. He still owned his company back then and was doing well and I had just gotten my first lambo and my company was doing well.

At first it was the cars that brought us together, but the conversations we had from that day forward had less and less to do with lambo's and more to do with life and getting to know each other pasts and where we came from and how we got to where we were at that point in our lives.

Find that...........because that connection for me was priceless. MJ and I did some things together after that with our girlfriends at the time, dinner, car drives and even took a trip to my place in Park city for a weekend. Then we kinda lost touch for a while until recently.

I'm not gonna lie, for us it was the lambo's that brought us together but that doesn't mean you can't meet other successful people because you don't drive a lambo.

that's the reason why i wanted to actually meet up with fastlane members in real life -- so we can make that connection and motivate each other and also become great friends at the same time

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I don't think it's a bad idea, especially if you find some people on this forum who you find interesting and are equally interested in learning about your fastlane path, trials, and triumphs as you are from theirs.

I think if you strike up a good relationship with a group of like-minded strivers, it can only be helpful in the long run.

very true

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I do this all the time. Whenever I am going to a different city I post it up or PM people I would like to meet in that city. It adds a different slant to my travels. Including B&P's I have probably met 40-50 members of this forum. I had lunch with Andviv just last month while I was in DC.

All were nice except that BFLBob guy and that Kung Fu Steve kid. Bob likes leopard skin too much. :smilielol: KFS is just a little too high fallootin to me.:smxB:

D

DeletedUser2

I think they do a beer and pancakes meetup. yearly. look for it, I think its in feb 2012.

otherwise, Im in albuquerque NM, and would be happy to get together with some people.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...