• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Medical Cannabis Industry and Their Stocks

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by MJ DeMarco, Sep 5, 2018.

1. HotRocket

HotRocket New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $88
    TRST:TSX/CNTFF:OTC (CannTrust) is my largest position and seems very strong relative to peers and their market caps

2. Angelic

Angelic Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $93
    I like NXTTF. They're basically trying to be the Amazon of weed. Definitely has huge potential.

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,195
    Admin Post
    Jeff Sessions resigns, great news for cannabis stocks and getting the industry de-stigmatized. Immediate reaction on stocks.

4. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $186,227
    It will be legal everywhere in the USA by 2021.

5. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,815
    murica, where ya goto jail for smoking a joint but are allowed to walk around walmart with an AK47

Roli likes this.
  6. healthsupps

healthsupps Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $417
    Do weed stocks look like dot com and blockchain hype to anyone else? No doubt they are going to be massive markets, but are these prices realistic this early on ?

Roli likes this.
  7. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,338
    Bigger concern IMO is picking the winners. There were dozens of car companies back in the first half of the 20th century, but 90% or more went bust, and their stock was worthless. Doesn't help to pick the right race if your horse dies halfway through. There will be a LOT of "dead horses" as the industry shakes out. I'd be careful.

Primeperiwinkle, Roli and Kruiser like this.
  8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,195
    Roli, Kingmaker and Lex DeVille like this.
  9. bringitnow28329

bringitnow28329 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $764

This is typical of penny stock companies and yes this is a penny stocks. The only difference is now some of these scams are going public through alternate means and being listed on the big boards instead of the Pinksheets and OTCBB. After the SEC started to crack down on OTC pump and dumps in Novemeber 2013, stock promoters moved on to listed small caps instead. Regardless of the fact that IGC was a scam, it was a great trader while it was moving. The fact is stocks don't generally spike from $1 to $10+ for very long because traders need their funds for the next pump and dump that comes along. You just don't want to be holding these kind of stocks overnight imo. They are for day trading only.

10. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,457
    I purchased 70 shares in the Canadian company CannTrust Holdings (CNTTF on the stock exchange) a few months back @ $5.83
    They seem like one of the few companies who will still be around a decade from now. It seems like they are trying to be the company that is standardized. Exact info on dosage, effects, package weight, etc.

With that being said, I don't expect the stock to do much. I bought it on a 2nd trading account so it wont mess up my great growth percentage from my initial portfolio. LOL

11. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,509
    I got a little it of Aurora. Just letting it sit for the long term. Didn't risk a lot.

12. Angelic

Angelic Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $93
    I did too. I like the price it's at right now, definitely has room to grow being one of the big names in the industry.

NewManRising likes this.
  13. Ama

Ama New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $16
    Hi everyone, what's your investment strategy in mj stocks now? Going long seems dependent on a second wave on more states legalizing medicinal and recreational and which alcohol/tobacco company will buy the company. In 2016, cgc was a good buy because they received huge licensing rights to grow and I remember reading they provided licensing manuals. I don't know how to weigh in at cgc's current market cap. Are there any trends in history we can look at to see how people have reacted to an industry growing dependent on government approvals?

Has anyone here looked into getting a license in their state to become a provider?

There is a namaste tech, but I have no idea what they do. They say they are making a portal for online purchasing and even a medical app of some kind, an online pharmacy fulfillment process? How can we verify? A lot of these mj stocks that have gone to worthless are because of beautiful marketing and no substance.

Roli likes this.
  14. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,778
    Brilliant quote.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.