• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Most liked posts in thread: Marijuana / Medical Cannabis Industry and Their Stocks

1. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $190,304
    It will be legal everywhere in the USA by 2021.

2. Jakeeck

Jakeeck Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,029
    I do a lot of copywriting for startups and you wouldn't believe how many people are coming to me to write for their new marijuana business in the past month.

It's even more than the crypto requests I got back when that had its blowup.

DKNJ, ValueGenerator, Kruiser and 3 others like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $373,628
    Admin Post
    Jeff Sessions resigns, great news for cannabis stocks and getting the industry de-stigmatized. Immediate reaction on stocks.

Process, Roli, Bearcorp and 2 others like this.
  4. topherea

topherea Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,068
    A buddy of mine said he put $20k into this industry and turned it into $250k and then recommended this list of Canadian companies:
    SPLIF

MGCLF

ACBFF

APHQF

OGRMF

TWMJF

CGC

FUAPF

Some are penny, most are pink sheet. One or two I believe got placed on the Nasdaq.

Zhyna, 0VO, Carlitos and 1 other person like this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $373,628
    Admin Post
    Holy shit, and today it (TLRY) is up another 45%, $225 as I post...

A $25,000 investment back when it was $25 is now worth $225,000.

Millionaires are being made, assuming they sell somewhere before it pulls back...

6. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $190,304
    I have small positions in :

ACBFF
    APHQF
    GTBIF
    OGRMF

7. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,413
    Bigger concern IMO is picking the winners. There were dozens of car companies back in the first half of the 20th century, but 90% or more went bust, and their stock was worthless. Doesn't help to pick the right race if your horse dies halfway through. There will be a LOT of "dead horses" as the industry shakes out. I'd be careful.

8. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $373,628
    daivey, Roli, Kingmaker and 1 other person like this.
  9. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $190,304
  10. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,240
    Just had a phone meeting this afternoon about this industry. Can't say what we are going to do right now but maybe later I can.... after we present it to them. We hope they are smart enough to see the value in what we have to offer. I said YES before my partner even finished telling me what he was thinking. lol The down side to this is we have 3 more partners but they did all agree. We need them or else we would not have 3 other people. They are top notch.

Lex DeVille and YoungPadawan like this.
  11. Bryan James

Bryan James Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $925
    A lot of investor buddies of mine strongly disagree with me on this subject. I am a much more conservative/cautious investor myself and as of now hitting the jackpot on one of these marijuana stocks is like pure speculation. For starters, these companies have only been public for a few years, or even months now, meaning we the public only just recently got the opportunity to find out about the management teams and any of their financials. In addition, so many new companies in this sector continue to pop up and make headlines; I have no clue as of now which company within the next 5 to 10 years will be the top dog or even in the top 3 of the industry. Personally I look for long-term financial consistency in their financial reports for a durable competitive advantage which at this time is pretty much impossible to discern. If anyone out there is planning on investing in any weed stocks, however, just be extremely careful and understand the high risk. Of course, anyone could potentially make a ton of money on the existing public companies out there, it's just something I, being a more conservative investor, personally need to hold out on for the time being. Lastly, the valuations on these companies are extremely alarming: Canopy is a hot stock in this space right now; they have a valuation of $10 BILLION, and last year had a revenue income of $77 million on a net loss of $70 million! Perhaps eventually they could be the "Amazon" or "Apple" of the weed space, but as of now it's an enormous risk. There's just too little predictive control I have in this sector at the moment.

12. ApparentHorizon

ApparentHorizon Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,940
    Long hedge $MJ against short tobacco ($MO, $PM, $BTI) if that counts. All on 4/19. Wasn't going to wait that extra day until 4/20.

$MO is about to bite me again at 61, but the other 3 are covering well.

I'm scared of gov't action to get into any one medical cannabis stock.

0VO and Bryan James like this.
  13. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $373,628
    ApparentHorizon and Private Witt like this.
  14. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $373,628
    Admin Post
    Stock halted for trading multiple times today (5 freaking times!) ... hit a high of 300. :oops:

Santi Merino and Vigilante like this.
  15. rootexcess

rootexcess New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    Legal cultivation has extremely high overhead and startup costs and it can take a long time to start getting returns. That's assuming everything was plug and play and that's just simply not usually the case. Expenses can stack up quickly in cannabis. Starting any kind of large scale production facility comes with many complexities and nuances. As far as 36 plants, that's not going to make a very good revenue stream. That is an extremely limited plant count.

I would start looking into ancillary markets as well, particularly processing/packaging, extraction and lab equipment. This is where your money is going to be moving forward. As the legal markets stabilize you will see price per unit become competitive and inevitably drop. Still plenty of money to be had by all, but the cannabis black market pricing model is on borrowed time.

ValueGenerator and 0VO like this.
  16. sparechange

sparechange Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,105
    murica, where ya goto jail for smoking a joint but are allowed to walk around walmart with an AK47

daivey and Roli like this.
  17. Angelic

Angelic Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $98
    I did too. I like the price it's at right now, definitely has room to grow being one of the big names in the industry.

daivey and NewManRising like this.
  18. Ama

Ama New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Hi everyone, what's your investment strategy in mj stocks now? Going long seems dependent on a second wave on more states legalizing medicinal and recreational and which alcohol/tobacco company will buy the company. In 2016, cgc was a good buy because they received huge licensing rights to grow and I remember reading they provided licensing manuals. I don't know how to weigh in at cgc's current market cap. Are there any trends in history we can look at to see how people have reacted to an industry growing dependent on government approvals?

Has anyone here looked into getting a license in their state to become a provider?

There is a namaste tech, but I have no idea what they do. They say they are making a portal for online purchasing and even a medical app of some kind, an online pharmacy fulfillment process? How can we verify? A lot of these mj stocks that have gone to worthless are because of beautiful marketing and no substance.

daivey and Roli like this.
  19. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $373,628
    Admin Post
    We have a thread on marijuana stocks, your thread has been consolidated there.

ZeroTo100 and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  20. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Stop F*cking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $6,928
  21. theresgot2bemore

theresgot2bemore Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $10
    Vigilante likes this.
  22. healthsupps

healthsupps Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $432
    Do weed stocks look like dot com and blockchain hype to anyone else? No doubt they are going to be massive markets, but are these prices realistic this early on ?

Roli likes this.
  23. bringitnow28329

bringitnow28329 Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $810

This is typical of penny stock companies and yes this is a penny stocks. The only difference is now some of these scams are going public through alternate means and being listed on the big boards instead of the Pinksheets and OTCBB. After the SEC started to crack down on OTC pump and dumps in Novemeber 2013, stock promoters moved on to listed small caps instead. Regardless of the fact that IGC was a scam, it was a great trader while it was moving. The fact is stocks don't generally spike from $1 to $10+ for very long because traders need their funds for the next pump and dump that comes along. You just don't want to be holding these kind of stocks overnight imo. They are for day trading only.

daivey likes this.
  24. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,737
    I purchased 70 shares in the Canadian company CannTrust Holdings (CNTTF on the stock exchange) a few months back @ $5.83
    They seem like one of the few companies who will still be around a decade from now. It seems like they are trying to be the company that is standardized. Exact info on dosage, effects, package weight, etc.

With that being said, I don't expect the stock to do much. I bought it on a 2nd trading account so it wont mess up my great growth percentage from my initial portfolio. LOL

daivey likes this.
  25. Roli

Roli Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,102
    Brilliant quote.

daivey likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.