The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mboté!

Hugues Kamba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Mar 13, 2018
United Kingdom
I am a 28 years old African from the Democratic Republic of Congo living in Britain since 2008. French and Lingala are my native languages so forgive me for any English grammatical or spelling mistakes.

I originally moved to the UK to go to university where I wanted to study Engineering. I was not really sure what I wanted to study but since I was good at Maths and Physics, a family friend suggested I study Engineering. I ended up enrolling on a 4 year course of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

During my time as a student I worked for as a sandwich artist, retail assistant, kitchen porter and many other jobs. I don’t mind getting dirty even if some could say I grew up in a privileged household.

Upon graduating, I found myself very interested in software development and wanted to work in that field. I therefore took up a part time job at one of clothing retailer in order to have time to learn to program in C. After I felt confident enough with I decided to apply for roles as Embedded Software Engineer.

I am now married, have one child and I am working as Embedded Software Engineer in Cambridge.

I recently came across the FLM book through a colleague/friend recommendation. At first I didn’t want to read it because at the time I was reading “Investing for Dummies”. I used to see investment as a viable route to early retirement and felt like a lot of people did not have the same idea. I thought I was one of the few so it seemed like a really good idea. Also the title “Millionaire Fast Lane” read just like some other scam to try to sell me extortionate fees for seminars. However, listening to the book after my mate’s insistence, I discovered how my perception of almost everything related to money was wrong and that I needed to change my way of thinking.

Going from always saying “I never want to run a business” to “How do I do X or Y to get this business started”. I listen to FLM in its entirety and I half way through unscripted but I want to act on certain things ideas I have in mind. I do not want my child to go through the system and basically be prepared to be a another drone. I want to learn so I can teach him when he is of age. As he is 1 year old, I would like to the best I can so I can retire by the time he is 5 years old so I can spend a lot of time with him and his mum.

I have many questions and I hope you all point me to where I can find answers. I know this road will be painful but I am not scared to fail as I see every failure as an opportunity for learning and apply the knowledge for next time I try.

I hope I am welcomed. I will probably start posting a lot, I apologise in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...