The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Matthew McConaughey's 3 things he needs each day.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Dylan42

Big D
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 3, 2016
Houston, TX

I am sure some or most of you have seen this video as it's a few years old. But I thought I'd post it in case someone hasn't, because it's a cool thought process. Matthew won his Oscar for best actor for his role in "Dallas Buyers Club". He goes on with his speech on the 3 things he needs each day.

1.) Something to look up too.
2.) Something to look forward too.
3.) Someone to chase.

He states the his something to look up too is God. His something/someone to look forward too is his family. And his someone to chase is himself. Now the first two are the usual ones that would come to mind (depending on ones beliefs) but for the most part they would come up often.

The third one he states, his "someone to chase" is the one that really caught my attention. It was a different mindset but one that is really intriguing and that I enjoyed a lot. His someone to chase is himself and that he is his own hero. To summarize it up he states that if you look at yourself in the future 10 years or even 20 years you will never catch yourself and you will always be chasing.

This is an awesome mindset to have in my eyes because eventually if you have a hero there is chance you may meet them at their level or surpass them. But if you chase yourself it is the motivation to keep moving forward. Almost like the diet analogy where someone says "lets dangle a cake in front of a treadmill. I bet you will run after it then." This being because you will never get the cake but will always continue moving.

Maybe this is some sort of "rant" I am not entirely sure, but in my eyes I see it as motivation and probably one of the best speeches from an actor or celebrity I have seen.

All in all, keep moving forward, keep what means the most to you close, and keep on chasing.

~Dylan~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2cVhC-63I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD2cVhC-63I

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I know this is motivational but when I saw the title all I could think about was his scene in Wolf of Wallstreet.

Dylan42

Big D
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 3, 2016
Houston, TX
I know this is motivational but when I saw the title all I could think about was his scene in Wolf of Wallstreet.

One of my favorite movies of all time! Has a mix of everything. My friends and I always do his chant from the movie haha.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.