• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

EXECUTION Master of My Own Fear - Primarily Weight-Loss *110 pounds lost*

Discussion in 'Progress/Execution Threads' started by Raoul Duke, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke viene el cucuy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    This Progress thread is for two things only.
    • Copywriting - UpWork + Website / Craigslist Hustle
    • Document weight loss

Copywriting
    • Read Ca$hvertising, Influence, Breakthrough Advertising
    • @SinisterLex Copywriting Course
    • I am on UpWork. Currently, my visibility is locked. Due to inactivity. That'll change.

Weightloss
    • Weight: 342.6 pounds
    • Goal Weigh: 185 pounds

The overarching goal will be this:
    • Copywriting on UpWork / Website - 10k monthly by June 1st, 2018
    • 100 pounds lost by February 1st, 2019

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With copywriting. I need to concentrate on getting a gig, that pays.

Ideally, I would like to be at 185 pounds by February, 2019. That last 40 - 80 pounds will be the hardest. I can only push through the adversity!

I'm basing everything on this by doing five tasks daily. Marking a W (Won the Day) or L (Lost the Day).
    My goals will not by on my daily five tasks. For more information on this: Maximizing Productivity & Win the Day

I have a notebook that each day will have my five tasks.

Monday - 02/26/2018

1. Setup instagram / Sign up for hosting & domain
    2. Get a gig on UpWork
    3. Go to the Grocery Store for healthy food
    4. Sign up at local Gym
    5. Buy water filtration system
    L

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $9,733
    subbed

MidwestLandlord and Raoul Duke like this.
  3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke viene el cucuy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    I lost Monday & Tuesday. Though, I did do more work those two days, than I have in recent months! I had some very good interviews on UpWork. Still fine tuning the YOU proposals.

One thing I'm having trouble with. Getting in bed sooner. Would like to make a new routine. Instead of being a night owl. I would like to be a morning person.

Wednesday - 02/28/2018
    1. Apply for more gigs. Get a gig.
    2. Learn HTML / CSS. I'll break it down to 30 mins a day.
    3. 45 min gym workout.
    4. Bed at 9 pm.
    5. Drink 184 oz h2o.
    L

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  4. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,236
    I had insomnia for several years, and it completely went away in 2018. If you saw pictures of me in 2017 and now you can see a huge difference; I looked really run down and haggard all the time, definitely more than someone my age should. Here's what I did and what I'd recommend for you:

1. Set your alarm clock early and wake up at that time, no matter how tired you are. Let's say you want to wake up at 6, even if you sleep at 5:30, wake up at 6, no matter what. If you feel tired throughout the day, good. When 10 pm comes around you'll be itching to get your 8 hours of sleep.
    2. Exercise. Especially if your new to it, you'll be physically tired and your body will want it's rest.
    3. Manage time well, and get everything you need done for the day early. This way, you won't be anxious about it in the evening and it won't keep you up.
    4. Have a clean, balanced diet. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, have good quality whole meat, and carbs from whole grain. Avoid anything processed and with refined sugar and salt. You won't feel bloated and you'll sleep better.
    5. Be happy. Try to look on the positives of life. Have fun. Wake up telling yourself today is going to be awesome, and you can't wait to get out of bed and grab life by the horns.
    6. Limit caffeine. I don't know if you drink a lot of caffeinated drinks, but they overstimulate for adrenal glands and mess up your sleep. I went from sometimes drinking 8 cups of coffee a day to only one a day in the morning. Did wonders.
    I hope some of this helps. Rooting for you mate!

5. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    I have been a prisoner of my indulgences.

I was going to wait until tonight to make this post. So for this entire week, I have been drinking 1.5 g of water. Stopped cold turkey drinking soda pop. For a couple of days it was a struggle. By the end of the week. Holy Crap! I can feel a huge difference. Not being inflamed, the biggest thing noticeable.

When I had went to the local grocery store. Natural Grocers to be exact. I gave myself $65 dollars a week for food. I should have taken a picture. A of vegetables, fruits and oil (rice, balsamic, avocado vinegar). Let me tell you something. Did not expect to go back for more items to purchase.

Vegetables:
    • Eggplant
    • Butternut squash
    • Spaghetti squash
    • Spinach
    • Asparagus
    • Broccoli
    • Cauliflower
    • Arugula
    • Cucumber
    • Zucchini
    • Bell-pepper
    • Tomato
    • Brussel sprouts
    Fruit:
    • Blackberries
    • Strawberries
    • Apple
    • Watermelon
    • Lemon
    Added fat as well: Walnuts, Avocado, Almonds, Hazelnut, etc.

For my protein: Wild Alaskan Sockeye 6 oz. This was excluded from the $65 budget. Fish was pretty expensive. If I eat it 5 days a week. It will last me 2 months and 2 weeks. 20 lbs of fish. $269.95.

The most expensive items were the spices, vinegar, oil and fish.

Now, I know that is a lot of fish. Right now I am shocking my body. I am coming from 2 -3 meals a day of fast food. KFC, McDonalds, etc...

Which brings me to this point: I was spending roughly $25 dollars a day on unhealthy food. IF I did go to the grocery store. It was cereal, cakes, etc... Sugary/Processed bullshit.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule? Anton Chigurh

Which is crazy right? How obvious does have it to be? Roughly $175 dollars a week and I became obese. It is no wonder why I became obese.

Now with the produce I bought. I bought smaller amounts. Not sure what I would like. I can report this: I loved every single thing I bought. My body went through a complete shock!

I also found something interesting. I suck at cooking and love it! I think cooking will help with my fear of failing.

So this is what my meals look like: Monday through Friday - One Meal A Day. Stir Fry for vegetables.
    A lot of vegetables, 1 cup per day of fruit, 6 oz protein, 4 - 5 tbsp of fat. Saturday & Sunday will strictly be Indian Cuisine meals. Trying to stay from carbs. Or have it in small amounts.

Basically 23:1 Intermittent Fasting.

I'm sure this will change. It will get harder and harder as the months go by.

My sources:

https://www.amazon.com/Food-Rules-Eaters-Michael-Pollan/dp/014311638X

@eliquid @Chitown @Philip Marlowe @MJ DeMarco

6. p0stscript

p0stscript Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,255
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Well done on the change of eating habit.
    Put this one down as a win?

7. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    I knew I could change my eating habit. Drinking cokes it what I had problems with. I was just lazy going about it. It is a win. Just not a win for my 5 daily tasks.

Invictus, cmor16 and p0stscript like this.
  8. Gary

Gary Elevatin' the Celebratin' Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $1,617
    Stoked to see your plan and your immediate execution, @Raoul Duke. Subscribing!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Get Right, Raoul Duke and Greg R like this.
  9. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,369
    Does your trash can stink?

This is a weird one, but bear with me.

When I was fit, I'd need to take-out the garbage every two days because it was full of banana peels, chicken containers, and veggie pieces. That stuff would sour quickly.

If your trash is full of wrappers, boxes, soda cans, it's all fake and full of preservatives. It never goes bad.

Keep-up the great work @Raoul Duke !!!

Fox, Deceiver, Kingmaker and 4 others like this.
  10. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $64,744
    Slightly unpopular opinion: fruit isn't really needed in a healthy veggie-rich diet.

Fruit, generally, is mostly just sugar and empty calories with some Vitamin C thrown in.

Consider an Orange vs a Bell Pepper:

upload_2018-3-5_10-40-53.png

I've highlighter which one "wins" in the stats. Unless you are dying to get a minuscule amount of fiber and 3% more calcium - the clear winner is a bell pepper. Less sugar, less calories, more vitamins.

That being said - if you are trying to use fruit as a snack replacement for garbage foods like chips, soda, etc... or you just simply LIKE them, then by all means.

I just like pointing out that many folks run to fruit like a dietary requirement for healthy living and truthfully it's really not the case. Fruit (again, generally) doesn't really give you anything you don't normally get from the veggies you normally eat.

So eat them if you like them, it's not like they are bad for you, but if you find it a pain to get in all the fruits you were planning to - don't feel bad about dropping them entirely.

Red, Dramolion, Invictus and 6 others like this.
  11. Paolo Rizzo

Paolo Rizzo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,772
    This is great advice.
    I've managed to change most of these things and they really do have a remarkable effect on your whole life.
    The only one I'm struggling with is waking up at the same time everyday, that's because i work a lot of night shifts (which I'm hoping to change sooner rather than later) and it's hard to stick to that schedule.

One thing I would add to that is to not look at your phone in the morning when you get up before you've planned what you want to get done in the day, this can really help productivity.

Paul David and Raoul Duke like this.
  12. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    I haven't really noticed, to be perfectly honest. My girlfriend & I keep a tight ship through out the house. So, nothing has really stood out as far as smell. I do have a nose though. We have thought about maybe growing some things. So, we might use it for composting. I have a few acres of land.

Not sure why I added the fruits. Probably, try to keep everything in balance? Not eating a snack. Just one meal a day. I've always responded well fruits.

YoungPadawan and cmor16 like this.
  13. Philip Marlowe

Philip Marlowe Every Day On, No Days Off Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,369
    How goes it today? On-track? How much weight are you down since you started, if you don't mind me asking :)

Raoul Duke likes this.
  14. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,201
    Watching. Rooting for you!

Raoul Duke likes this.
  15. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    At the end of the month I'll weigh myself. I am breaking down my weight loss into thirds. Every 3 months. So, I can adjust at the beginning of each month or so. Here in a few weeks i'll start incorporating lifting weights.

I've been walking a lot as well. Great thing about having Sadie with me. She wants to keep walking.

16. p0stscript

p0stscript Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,255
    (REP+) thank you for pointing this method out, I've found it very useful, hopefully going well for you too.

EDIT I used it for a while, to make sure it worked for me, before posting thanks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    cmor16 and Raoul Duke like this.
  17. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,430
    Subscribing to this.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  18. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    Weighed myself a few days ago. 327 lbs. Mostly water weight. Ill take it!

19. Invictus

Invictus Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,356
    You're doing great man!

You mentioned that you're looking to get up earlier, I wrote this about a week ago. It may provide some value to you.

Two things that helped me as well were melatonin and the app Sleep Cycle. The app monitors your level of 'activity' in a half hour period and sets off an alarm when it thinks you're most awake. This way you're (less likely) to be woken up in the middle of a sleep cycle.

Other apps will just ask you what time you want to wake up, and then wake you up at the end of your last full sleep cycle. However, this sucks because:

1) It assumes your sleep cycle is an hour and a half. Yours may not be.
    2) Based on the time you set it and when you go to bed, they may be robbing you of over an hour of sleep (IE: Make you wake up an hour earlier) because you're not getting a 'complete' cycle.

----

One of your goals was too win a gig on Upwork in order to "Win the Day', but I would adjust that to "Apply to X Gigs". Or "Spend X Time on Proposals." You can't necessarily control winning the gigs (Event), but you can control applying (Process). It sucks to say you lost the day when you put in the work, but you haven't gotten a response yet.

Loving this thread man. I'm rooting for you!

TheCj, cmor16 and Raoul Duke like this.
  20. Philip Marlowe

Rep Bank:
    $1,369
    Raoul Duke likes this.
  21. Philip Marlowe

Rep Bank:
    $1,369
    Raoul Duke and Chef like this.
  22. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    Down to 309.

Roz, Red, G-Man and 2 others like this.
  23. Raoul Duke

Rep Bank:
    $2,936
    Well... Well... Well... Time for a update, I suppose. lol

Starting off with Health: I'm down 290 lbs. Still One Meal A Day (6oz fish, lots of veggies). No CARBS or Sugar (soda). Drinking plenty of water.

Exercising consists of walking, stretching + yoga and row machines. Haven't really hit the weights.

My father has been battling health issues for quite some time. Which has effected me with freelancing. Which has been nonexistent. I've pushed people away, basically. I think the reason why: I don't enjoy copywriting.

So, I quit.

I started working at our Hospital. I work in Materials Maintenance. Delivering equipment for OR, ED, etc...

Monday - Friday with the weekends off. 40 hours a week with benefits. $12.47 hour. With all the overtime I want.

So, with that in mind...

Working 40 hours of overtime per check (2 a month). That is $1,101.44 x 13 = $14,318.72 by the end of the year.

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan. But, freelancing hasn't gotten me nowhere near that amount of money.

Sure, I could finish out @Fox course. I didn't have much success with copywriting. Feels like i'm bouncing from one shiny object, to the next.

So, how could I expect Web Design to end up like copywriting?

By working at the Hospital. I have access... meeting people from all walks of life. This, has opened me up quite a bit. Meeting new folks, etc...

By working overtime and saving from the regular paycheck. I'll have roughly $20k in the bank. And yes @LightHouse I have paid off my loan. So, I am debt free now.

I've spotted several opportunities as well in the Hospital.

So, maybe freelancing is done for me? I still want to open up the restaurant. Freelancing was a means to a end.

@Philip Marlowe @JAJT @Chitown @MJ DeMarco @Scot @Vigilante @G-Man @million$$$smile

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    TheCj, JAJT, Roz and 15 others like this.
  24. topherea

topherea Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,013
    following thread!

Raoul Duke likes this.
  25. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $54,519
    Dude! You lost 50 lbs on 5 months!

10 lbs/month! CONGRATS! Anyone that does one meal a day has my attention. Incredible that you have persevered.

I think you are in THE process. Remember, MJ was driving customers in someone else's limo.

It is not the job that matters. It is the OPPORTUNITY in the job.

Once you seize on to the opportunity, your VISION will increase.

Find your opportunity-find your vision.

Following.